Shangri-La The Shard London
Shangri-La The Shard London
31 St Thomas Street
London, SE1 9QU, United Kingdom
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
London’s first elevated luxury hotel, the first Shangri-La hotel in the United Kingdom.
Opening Shangri-La’s third hotel in Europe in this iconic building signifies a prominent milestone for the group. This move into the UK is integral to the brand’s extension and is a part of the ongoing development of one of London’s most vibrant and historic areas.
SHANGRI-LA THE SHARD LONDON
History & Story
Located on the historic South Bank of the River Thames in the 306-metre-high, glass-clad Shard, Shangri-La The Shard London is Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts’ third in Europe, following debuts in Paris in 2010 and Istanbul in 2013.
Situated in one of London’s most historic areas, the hotel is in close proximity to the financial hubs of the City and Canary Wharf as well as key tourist attractions such as Tate Modern, the Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare’s Globe and Borough Food Market.
As the tallest hotel in Western Europe and the first high-rise hotel in London, the Shangri-La occupies levels 34 to 52 of the 72-storey Shard. Its contemporary interior design complements Renzo Piano’s masterful architecture and the breathtaking views – unmatched by any other hotel in London – unfold in all directions. The hotel’s 202 guestrooms and suites will open from levels 36 to 50 and are amongst the largest in London.
Main Strenght, Special Touch
• First elevated luxury hotel in the UK
• Situated within the tallest building in Western Europe
• Stunning floor-to-ceiling views from each room and suite
• Shangri-La’s legendary hospitality
• Three unique food and beverage offerings including London’s highest bar on level 52
• Infinity Pool, Gym and (new!) Sauna on level 52
• Function rooms on level 34, 125m above ground level, with natural light and stunning views
Shangri-La The Shard London is the first luxury hotel south of the River Thames. Located in London Bridge, it is within walking distance of Tate Modern, Borough Market and Shakespeare’s Globe as well as in close proximity to the the financial hubs of the City and Canary Wharf.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Borough Market
• Tower Bridge
• Tower of London
• Shakespear’s Globe Theatre
• St Paul’s Cathedral
• Tate Modern
• London Eye
• A greeting service from London Bridge Station’s platforms is offered to guests arriving to the hotel by train.
• Binoculars are available in each room and a spotting scope is in each signature suite.
• The chandelier on the ground floor of the hotel weighs the same as that of the Hummer H2.
• Childrens welcome kit
• Special room amenities for children including bathrobes and face towels
• Children-friendly menus
• Baby cots upon request as well as babysitting services
• 202 rooms
• 185 rooms
• 17 suites including three signature suites
Deluxe City View, Premier City View, Iconic City View guestrooms and Iconic Shard suites offer northerly views towards the City and London’s most famous landmarks. Superior Shard guestrooms and Premier Shard suites feature far-reaching vistas over the vibrant areas of the south and towards the historic counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Guest rooms’ features:
• Shangri-La bed featuring patented body contouring technology
• Frette linen
• Pillow menu
• Bathtub and walk-in shower
• Acqua di Parma bathroom amenities
• Bathroom mirrors with integrated television screens
• Set of binoculars and viewing guide
• Marble bathrooms with heated floors
• iPad Mini with a digital guide to the local area (Iconic City View Rooms only)
• iPod docking station
• 40” or 46” LED television
• Nespresso coffee machines and Chinese tea set
Additional features for suites:
• 24-hour butler service
• 600-thread count Frette linen, 1,000-thread count in the signature suites
• Aqua di Parma amenities only available in Signature Suites
• iPad with a digital guide to the local area
• the Signature Suites and Shangri-La Suite feature spotting scopes
• 46” or 55” LED television
• Bose SoundDock®
Restaurants & Bars
The hotel features 4 food and beverage offerings.
The highest hotel Bar in Western Europe, includes a cocktail bar, champagne bar and a stunning infinity pool. The perfect destination for sunset cocktails and late-night drinks.
• TĪNG RESTAURANT
Discover a deliciously local dining experience, celebrating fresh ingredients sourced from suppliers in Borough Market. The name TĪNG derives from the Chinese word for ‘living room’, reflecting the casual elegance of this restaurant and lounge on Level 35, just off the Sky Lobby. The design is sophisticated and subtle, with an open-plan finishing deck offering a glimpse into the kitchen’s lively buzz. The restaurant is a popular destination for breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea and late supper. Every occasion is enhanced by 360-degree views, encompassing the River Thames, Tower Bridge, Maritime Greenwich, Canary Wharf and the historic counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
• TĪNG LOUNGE
With pleasant London views and a subtly glamorous atmosphere, Ting lounge is a comfortably relaxed space in which to enjoy a light breakfast, classic English or Asian afternoon teas, or one of Shangri-La’s signature Asian dishe.
With a sense that life outside has been brought inside, Bar 31 is a great meeting place to unwind over a few drinks. We offer local craft beers on tap, such as Porter by Anspach & Hobday, located a stone’s throw away, along with a fantastic range of spirits and wines. Our tasty bites are sourced using fresh seasonal ingredients from Borough Market.
Level 52 is home to a 24-hour gym, London’s highest infinity pool and a Sauna
In-room spa treatments are available, upon request.
Sky Pool (the highest hotel pool in western Europe)
Corporate & Celebration Events
Three river-facing event spaces on level 34 offer stunning views and state-of-the-art conferencing technology along with catering services. The largest of the venues, Ren, accommodates up to 140 guests; the other two, Yi and Li, can hold up to 10 and 35 guests, respectively. The grand staircase connecting levels 34 and 35, with its vista of St. Paul’s Cathedral and beyond, is a picture-perfect location for wedding photography.
Extra Notable Features
• ‘Room with a View’ – an overnight experience for two in a guest-room or suite, breakfast in TĪNG and two tickets to The View from The Shard.
• ‘Romance in the Clouds’ – an overnight stay with in-room breakfast, one bottle of Deutz Rose NV Champagne , three-course meal for two in-room and a bouquet of flowers on arrival.
• ‘At the Market with Chef’ – an overnight stay for two with breakfast, shopping trip to Borough Market, Classic Afternoon Tea with a glass of champagne for two at TĪNG lounge, personalised five-course dinner for two at TĪNG, prepared with ingredients from the market, and two personalized aprons.
Number of employees