Sheen Falls Lodge Ireland
Sheen Falls Lodge
Kenmare, Co Kerry
Privately owned by Pallidum Hotels and Resorts
Date of Creation
1991 Hotel open
2013 Owned by Pallidum
Hotel General Manager
Joined Sheen Falls Lodge as General Manager, having been Deputy in Hayfield Manor in Cork for almost 4 years.
5 Star luxury country house resort and a member of Relais & Chateaux.
SHEEN FALLS LODGE
History & Story
The Sheen Falls Lodge Estate and its history had always been connected to Salmon Fishing and Deer Hunting. A cottage on the grounds become the base for the First Earl of Kerry for the pursuit of fishing and hunting. In 1988 the property was sold to a Danish Family who took on the task of developing the then guests house into a 5 star luxury hotel. Its opened its doors to guests in April 1991 and has been a member of Relais & Chateaux since then.
Sheen Falls Lodge has just completed a complete reburbishment of the hotel bedrooms, public areas and The Falls Restaurant over the last 18 months. The deisgner is Hugo Da Silva.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Each room has a view to the waterfalls or Kenmare Bay. The refurbishment has focused on Irish Design and Crafts – the art in each of the rooms is by a local artist based in Kenmare. The furniture was made in West Cork, the recycling bins are hand weaved in Kilkenny and the pottery is from West Cork.
Sheen Falls Lodge is located on a 300 acre estate, overlooking the Sheen Waterfalls as they flow into Kenmare Bay. The hotel is located 2 Kms from ther heritage town of Kenmare.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Ring Of Kerry, The Beara Peninsula, The Skellig Islands and Kerry Dark Sky Reserve, Dingle Peninsula & Slea Head Drive, Killarney National Park and Muckross House
15 Miles of Salmon Fishing, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Horse Riding, Falconry, Tennis, Hill Walking, Use of the hotel bicycles, Golf nearby, water sports nearby and chocolate making nearby.
Little guests are welcome at Sheen Falls. We have a selection of rooms and suites that are suitable to accommodate children. During Irish school holiday, supervised movies and boardgames are available between 6.30pm and 9.30pm. There are lots of child friendly activities available on the estate.
• Number of suites: 11
• Number of Luxury rooms: 66
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 66 bedrooms and 5 Cottages/Villas
Restaurants & Bars
• The Falls Restaurant, Two AA rosettes, a seasonal menu of innovative dishes, and a vantage point overlooking the Sheen waterfalls and Kenmare Bay combine to make The Falls one of the finest restaurants in Kenmare.
• The Sun Lounge – With the morning sunlight filling this beautiful room, this is the natural place to gather, read and enjoy coffee. It’s also home to our renowned three-tier afternoon tea.
The Cocktail Bar – With a comprehensive cocktail and whiskey list from the around the world, the bar is an ideal location for a pre dinner drinks or light bite during the day.
• The Wine Cellar – Select your own wine from more than 10,000 bottles – over 800 labels – from 18 different countries. The cellar can also be used for private receptions, after-dinner port or whiskey tastings and for small private dinners.
• Easanna Spa – facilities include – Indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room , Private treatment rooms using Elemis and Voya products. A 24 hour fitness suite is also available.
Children are welcome to use the health club facility between 8am-5pm daily. During these hours, children must be supervised by an adult.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Whether you are looking for a venue for your next annual conference, seeking a unique incentive destination or need to find a quiet unobtrusive location for a board strategy meeting, then Sheen Falls Lodge is here to help you. Our meeting space can cater for up to 120 delgates and exclusive use of the hotel is avialable.
As one of the top country house wedding venues in Kerry, Sheen Falls Lodge is a simply spectacular choice for a ceremony, reception, civil ceremony or partnership. We can play host to events for between 14 and 200 guests, catering for both intimate weddings and grand, exclusive-use occasions with a choice of elegant venues and spaces guided by the size of your party.
Extra Notable Features
• 15 miles of salmon fishing on the estate. The hotel also has its own smoke house, where we smoke our salmon on site.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Irish Hospitality Awards – overall best Destination Hotel.
Irish Restaurant Awards – Head Chef Philip Brazil was awarded Best Chef in Kerry.
Condé Nast Traveller, Readers Choice Award 2015: One of the Top Ten Resorts in Europe.
Conde Nast Traveller – 2014 #1 Ireland #82 World – Top 100 Hotels & Resorts in the World.
Conde Nast Traveller – 2014 #1 Top 10 Resorts in Europe: Readers Choice Award.
Conde Nast Traveller – 2014 #1 Gold List: Ireland Hotels & Resorts.
Number of employees