Sir Joan, Ibiza, Spain
Passeig Joan Carles 1, 07800 Ibiza, Spain
Europe Hotels Private Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ignacio Gómez – Escolar Pérez, Hotel Manager of Sir Joan and over 10 years’ experience in the Luxury Hotel Industry
5 star luxury and member of Design Hotels
At Europe Hotels Private Collection we are dedicated to build a differentiated hotel brand collection and we establish our hotels in urban destinations.
History & Story
Sir Hotels creates one-of-a kind hotel experiences in some of the most interesting neighborhoods in the world. We take all the local specialties, surprises, strangeness and secrets and amplify it with our own personal take on modern luxury.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Sir Joan is rooted in bygone days when free- spirited communities would meet to create music and art in Ibiza. A sensual and highly exclusive retreat for the party animal or quiet introvert alike. The private paradise celebrates a nostalgic area of the island, while catering to the needs of the modern traveller. Each room features a balcony, while the suites have up to three balconies as well as an indoor living area. We also offer two penthouse suites on the top floor, each possessing private balconies encircling the room with outdoor seating areas and a private cabana.
Sir Joan is located on Passeig Joan Carles I, facing the marine with old town of Ibiza as back drop. Sir Joan is surrounded by the most renowned & exciting nightlife like Pacha, Lio, Casino and Heart Club just to name a few. With Talamanca beach, Marina Botafoch and the city centre only a stroll away.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Main harbour next to Sir Joan
- Ibiza old town at 5 minutes walking distance
- 5 minute walk to ferry service to Formentera
- Sir Joan offers fishing trips till bamboo bike rides and a Pacha flower party.
- Outside gym to be created for the active ones
- Sir Explore, a creative take on Ibiza and what it has to offer, let one of the local hosts take you on an adventure on the island whether it is spiritual, festive or anything else
- Number of suites: 11 (40 to 65m2 views of the old)
Soak up the magnificent views in the Sir Suite. Each Suite possesses an indoor living area and up to tree private balconies encircling the room with outdoor seating areas and a private cabana. The floor to ceiling windows make this space exceptional including grand views overlooking the old town and marina.
The Sir Residence has 152 m² of luxurious space located on the fourth floor including in room living area and private bedroom with a bed to fit a King (or Queen). The large balconies encircling the room with solarium, outdoor seating areas and a private cabana makes this space exceptional including grand views overlooking the old town and marina
- Number of Luxury rooms: 27 (25 to 40m2)
From custom-made furniture to your own private balcony with views of Ibiza town and/or marina.
The interiors feature stripped wooden yacht flooring and highly polished stainless steel wall panels, which, when hit by the incoming sunlight, visually emulate the movement of waves. The rooms feature fluffy bathrobes, comfortable slippers, and complimentary water. In addition to Dead Clean toiletries and SIR signature bedding, every room boasts a high-power rain shower.
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 38
Restaurants & Bars
- IZAKAYA Asian Kitchen & Bar
Ibiza is more than paella and tapas. Experience IZAKAYA Asian Kitchen & Bar, a Japanese-Peruvian fine dining restaurant and enjoy critically acclaimed international flavours and delicious craft cocktails. Those fascinated by innovative culinary concepts have a new place to get together at a fantastic location in the centre of Ibiza overlooking the Old Town and the marina. One of the most famous fine dining spots in Amsterdam, IZAKAYA Asian Kitchen & Bar presents modern Japanese cuisine with South American influencers. The menu features fresh sushi, sashimi and a variety of exquisite meat and fish, prepared on a traditional Robata-grill or in a Hibachi-fire bowl.
- The Butcher
The Butcher is a high-end yet casual burger bar which connects Ibiza nighthawks and early birds. Wether it’s a late breakfast, a tasty lunch or a midnight snack. The Butcher satisfies each craving with bloody delicious burgers.
- An Outdoor Swimming pool
- Connections with Spa’s close to the hotel make it possible for guests to enjoy these options in close proximity
- Yoga and sports classes offered upon request.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- 38 guest rooms and restaurant that can be rented out for exclusive use upon request
- Very suitable hotel for incentives or corporate events, all upon request and availability
Extra Notable Features
- Outdoor Gym to be opened in 2019
- Swimming pool
- Yoga classes on site upon request
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Work Luxury Restaurant Awards Dinner 2017