Six Senses Kaplankaya Turkey
Six Senses Kaplankaya
Bozbük Mahallesi Merkez Sokak No 198 Milas,
Mugla 48200 Turkey
Six Senses Hotels, Resorts, Spas
Ceviz Sırtı Gayrimenkul Yatırımcılığı A.Ş.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
With over 20 years of experience within the international hotel and tourism industry, Husseyn started his journey as a doorman at Hyatt Regency Baku, Azerbaijan. Husseyn continued to rise through the ranks with managements stints at Hyatt Hotels Baku, Azerbaijan and Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest, Hungary before thriving in roles as Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Baku and Managing Director of City Partner Hotels, Budapest. He then moved on to become the General Manager of Boulevard Hotel Baku Autograph Collection by Marriot. Prior to joining us, Husseyn was the General Manager at Intourist Hotel Baku Autograph Collection by Marriott.
Husseyn attended Azerbaijan State University of Languages and rightfully so a polyglot! He speaks five languages fluently, Azeri (mother tongue), Hungarian, Russian, Turkish and English. He holds dual citizenship – Azerbaijani and Hungarian. Husseyn is married with two children and he finds inspiration and relaxation spending quality time with his family and meditating. His favorite pastime is gardening where he grows herbs, veggies and fruits and at the same time gets the energy from the sun. Suffice to say, he is not a fan of winter! A big cheese eater, Husseyn enjoys travelling and discovering new cultures, learning their customs and their kitchen. He has great culinary talents in authentic Azerbaijani dishes. Indian and Asian food are high on his list when he dines out.
New Openings :
Six Senses St. Kitts (2020) – Six Senses New York (2019) – Six Senses İstanbul
SIX SENSES KAPLANKAYA
History & Story
Six Senses Kaplankaya is nestled in breathtaking natural beauty that characterizes the South Aegean coast of Turkey. A coastline stretches for six kilometres along seven bays, each with its own secluded beach.
Folklore has always played an important part in Turkish life. Kaplankaya gets its name from a story that has been passed down through the ages by local families.
Legend has it that the Anatolian Panther once lived here, sharing the region’s hills with goat herders who would lead their animals through the trees to the rich pastoral land beyond. On the verge of extinction, the panther took every chance it had to seize a meal, and from time to time goats would occasionally disappear.
This area became known as Kaplankaya, or the Tiger Stones. And while the cats may be long since gone, the stories endure. It is in their honour that the Anatolian Panther became the symbol of Kaplankaya, helping the legend to live on.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Breathtaking coastline, landscape, private bays and sandy beaches
- Secluded and private, yet only 25 to 45 minutes from Bodrum region and villages, airport, active archaeological digs, cultural sites
- World-class wellness and state-of-the-art fitness facility measuring 107,640 square foot (10,000 square meter)
- Indepth wellness philosophy that is infused through all resort offerings including Eat With Six Senses, Sleep With Six Senses and Six Senses Integrated Wellness
- Innovative approach to dining that celebrates fresh, regional and seasonal cuisine
- Ideal location for high-end meetings and incentives as well as weddings
- Private marina and helipad
- Six Senses Brand
Kaplankaya is just north of Bodrum. Upon arriving at Milas-Bodrum International Airport, depending on your preference you can complete your journey by car, yacht or helicopter — the trip takes 50, 30 or 10 minutes respectively.
Key sites/activities in the area
The region surrounding Six Senses Kaplankaya abounds with ancient ruins and significant archaeological sites. Places of historical interest include:
Ephesus – Known as the ‘first and greatest Metropolis in Asia’ – One of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World, UNESCO World Heritage Site
Didyma – Site of the Temple of Apollo
Iassos- The battle-scarred ancient town
Miletus – Birthplace of Thales, considered by many as the father of Western science and philosophy.
- Jet ski
- Knee Board
- Water Ski& Mono Ski
- Wake Surf
- WAKE Board
- Fly Board
- Fast Trip
- Paddle Boarding
- Electrical Bicycle
Indoor and outdoor fun activities for the kids at Grow With Six Senses (swimming, tennis, recycling workshops, bowling, basketball, soccer, yoga, painting, cooking class, handcraft works, nail art at the salon and more)
- Number of suites: 6
- Number of Luxury rooms: 38
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 141
Restaurants & Bars
- Sage & Sea Restaurant and Bar is the main restaurant including a bar, located on level one.
- Wild Thyme Restaurant and Bar overlooks the resort lounge pool, serving fast casual cuisine from an open kitchen and with panoramic views of the Aegean Sea.
- Meze by the Sea features Aegean cuisine with a daily selection of freshly caught fish and handcrafted mezes.
- Beach Bar is located at the main beach.
- Library Bar is found in the main hotel building, level three.
For a resort that provides guests and residents with a truly integrative approach to optimal wellness, it is no surprise that Six Senses Spa Kaplankaya spans 107,640 square feet (10,000 square meters). It is spread over two floors, with traditional artifacts and healing visual art pieces enhancing the experience and offering gentle moments to pause and reflect.
- Arrival Lounge featuring skincare and lifestyle retail areas
- Alchemy Bar
- Nail and Hair Salon
- Barber Shop
- Meditation Cave
- Male and female changing rooms
- Male and female hydrothermal experience: heated loungers, crystal steam room, Finnish sauna, experiential rains, hydrotherapy pool, igloo, salt grotto and foot therapy basins
- Male, female and mixed hammams
- Private sauna and steam room for couples
- Male, female and mixed relaxation areas
- 38 treatment rooms
- Indoor aquatic exercise and therapy pool
- Watsu pool
- Cardio Studio
- Weights and Movement Room
- Pilates Studio
- Yoga Studio
- Cycling Studio
- Wallyball/racquetball court, including TRX area
- Waterfront venue for yoga and meditation
- Earth Lab, organic garden
- Visit to local bazaar with chefs
- Cooking classes
- Alchemy – « Great Mixture of Herbs » workshops
Health & Healing Assessments
- Wellness screening
- Ayurvedic consultation
- BOD POD (body composition)
- Cardio metabolic testing, VO2 max (cycle with the face mask or treadmill)
- Metabolic test
- Balance assessment
- Baseline fitness assessment
- Resting metabolic assessment
- Consultation with an exercise physiologist
- Consultation with a medical doctor – one hour medical or a focused consult for 30 minutes
Corporate & Celebration Events
Six Senses Kaplankaya is an idyllic destination for weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties and special family gatherings. The resort can accommodate corporate team building gatherings with 2,917 square feet (271 square meters) of meeting space, including three board rooms and three event rooms. Companies have chance to create challenging programs for their teams by including Six Senses wellness and fitness activities, outdoor ecofriendly meetings, hiking, biking or cocktail celebrations at the beaches and throughout the grounds. Anhinga Beach is also ideal for any outdoor event, retreat or celebration taking up to 1000 people.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– 2017 and 2018 Travel + Leisure Awards – Best Hotel Brand – Six Senses Hotels, Resorts, Spas
– 2018 UK Lux Magazine Health, Beauty and Wellness Awards – Turkey’s Best Luxury and Wellness Resort – Six Senses Kaplankaya
– 2018 Vogue France – World’s Top 20 Hotels in 2018 – Six Senses Kaplankaya
– 2019 Conde Nast Traveller Spa Guide – Six Senses Spa in Six Senses Kaplankaya
– 2019 Hürriyet Seyahat – Turkey’s Top 10 Spa Hotels – Six Senses Kaplankaya
– 2019 ListeList – Turkey’s Top 8 Leisure Hotels – Six Senses Kaplankaya
Number of employees