St Pancras The Chambers Club UK
St Pancras The Chambers Club
Euston Road, London, NW1 2AR,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
St Pancras The Chambers Club
History & Story
Originally built in 1873, the Midland Grand Hotel, (owned by the Midland Railway) was designed by one of the most eminent architects of the Victorian-age, Sir George Gilbert Scott. Its Gothic Revival style is considered by many to be the finest example of this type of architecture in modern day Britain. Today, the 38 suites in the St Pancras Chambers Club, offers guests the opportunity to step back in time and celebrate this golden era whilst simultaneously enjoying all the facilities and services expected by the modern day traveller.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
VIP exclusive fast-track Eurostar valet service
Located next to St Pancras International station
Located in King’s Cross, one of London’s most exciting new neighbourhoods, guests can enjoy a huge variety of local cultural attractions including The British Library, Wellcome Collection and Gagosian Gallery. Foodies are spoilt for choice with local dining options including restaurants from big named chefs, like Bruno Loubert’s Grain Store, street food markets such as KERB, Bombay inspired brasseries like Dishoom and coffee hangouts like Caravan. With St Pancras International Station on the doorstep, guests can enjoy shopping from a range of quintessentially British brands including Cath Kidston, Jo Malone, Thomas Pink and the world famous, Fortnum and Mason.
Key sites/activities in the area
• The British Library
• Kings Cross Theatre
• Kings Place
• Regents Park
• The British Museum
• Wellcome Collection
• St Pancras International station
• The Grand Staircase in the St Pancras Hotel is where the Spice Girls shot their first video and the exterior of the building is where a scene from Harry Potter was created
• Harry Potter fans can also pop next door to King’s Cross station to have a photo on Platform 9 and ¾ and visit the Harry Potter shop!
38 Chambers Suites with access to the exclusive Chambers Club – Junior and Grand Junior suites plus six signature suites
Guests staying in the Chambers Wing can benefit from the following services :
• Butler Services including VIP Eurostar Valet service
• Complimentary WIFI
• Complimentary bathrobe, slippers, toothbrush, newspapers
• Chauffeur driven round-trip airport transfer for Royal Suite and Queen Victoria Suite guests only. For other signature suites, guests receive a one-way chauffeur driven airport transfer
• Nespresso coffee machine
• Garment pressing and shoe shine
• Priority table reservations at The Gilbert Scott restaurant
• Priority treatment reservations at St Pancras Spa
• Priority reservations to complimentary weekend
• Historical Tour of St. Pancras
• Cinq Mondes Bath ritual (subject to availability)
Restaurants & Bars
• Diners can soak up the historical surroundings in the Booking Office bar and restaurant, which was originally the station’s ticket hall and is today considered one of the most sophisticated late night venues in London.
• For a more formal setting, guests can head to The Gilbert Scott restaurant, managed by acclaimed British chef, Marcus Wareing.
• In Hansom Lounge, teas and coffees are served to those using the stunning space for meetings, while a special area is reserved or those taking Afternoon Tea.
• In MI + ME, an urban deli located on the upper concourse of St Pancras International Station, guests can enjoy a menu that showcases the best of British cheese and meat dishes to eat in or takeaway.
St Pancras Spa is located in the former hotel’s steam kitchens and offers 6 treatment rooms, a gym, sauna, steam room and relaxation pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
With 10 unique meeting and event spaces, venues don’t come more inspirational. Hansom Hall occupies the former cobbled driveway where Hansom cabs once deposited their well-heeled passengers while The Ladies Smoking Room is named in homage to the fact it was one of the first places in Europe ladies were able to smoke in public.
Extra Notable Features
• Historical tours of the building
• Exclusive fast track Valet
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Green Tourism – Silver Award 2016
RUNNER UP in the Time Out Love London Awards 2015
Best Hotel Floristry Exhibit at Chelsea Flower Show 2015
Conde Nast Johansens award for Best Meetings in 2014
Andy Pongco CONCIERGE award 2014
Living Etc. Magazine – London’s Best Spas 2013
Louis Vuitton London City Guide (inclusion in) 2013
Conde Nast Johansens Award for Excellence – Best for Meetings 2013
Coolest Venue Awards – Coolest Venue for Architecture 2013
Travel & Leisure – World’s Best Business Hotels (Top 3 London) 2013
Number of employees