Jean-Marie Casella, Director of Terre Blanche Golf
After a career as an international amateur golf playeur, Jean-Marie joined the French companies Bouygues and Accor where he spent 15 years overseeing the development of the golf activities and resorts. After management experiences at Golf de l’Estérel and Golf du Medoc, he was recruited in 2001 to oversee the acquisition, extension and operation of the famous Pont Royal Golf close to Aix-en-Provence, which he successfully managed. He was appointed Director of Terre Blanche Golf in 2009, overseeing the two stunning 18-hole championship golf courses, the various golf activities and the development of memberships. Jean-Marie has hugely contributed to developing the potential of Terre Blanche which has today become a world-class golf destination and a proud member of « European Tour Destinations ».
Positioning Terre Blanche Golf as one of the best golf destinations in Europe for both amateurs and professionals worldwide.
With a constant desire to evolve without jeopardizing its environment, Terre Blanche implements a series of measures with the aim of reducing its impact on the environment but also protecting and developing biodiversity in its amazing ecosystem. A commitment to sustainability introduced 15 years ago and highlighted by the GEO Certified® ecolabel obtained in 2016 and the “Silver Label” assigned by the French Golf Federation as part of its “Golf for Biodiversity Program.
TERRE BLANCHE GOLF
History & Story
It was in the late 1990s that Dietmar Hopp discovered the exceptional landscape of Terre Blanche and fell in love with what was then simply a plot of woodland. This avid golfer and entrepreneur had a clear and obtainable vision for what the immense space could become. Dietmar Hopp began the transformation. Continuously aware of the effect on the environment, all of the earth removed from one area of land was used to fill another space. Equally all of the rubble produced was recycled into filling or building materials for the surrounding roads and paths.
Today, the stunning location that is now Terre Blanche Hotel SpaGolf Resort***** reflects the passion of dream, whilst preserving the fragile balance of its natural surroundings.
• Two 18-hole golf courses (par 72)
• The Albatros Performance Center with 64 driving-range mats on two floors, 17 targets, 2 outdoor putting greens, 1 indoor putting green, 2 chipping greens / approach greens with bunkers, bunker for long strokes.
• Terre Blanche Golf Academy
• Biomecaswing Center
• Clubhouse with bar and restaurant « Les Caroubiers », meeting room, proshop, dedicated lounge for club members.
• Other services : TaylorMade showroom, hire clubs, equipment testing repair and maintenance, tailor-made equipment (fitting) withTrackMan and Select Fit systems, fitness room, changing rooms
Golf school for children from 4 years old.
Number of employees at the Golf Club
• 2019 : Awarded Best Golf Resort in Continental Europe – Golf World magazine
• 2018 : Awarded Best International Golf Resort in France – Golf Digest USA Editor’s Choice Awards