The Alcron Hotel Prague Czech Republic
The Alcron Hotel Prague
Stepanska 40, 110 00,
Date of Creation
23 May 2019
Hotel General Manager
General Manager at the Alcron Hotel since 2006 ; Vice President of the American Chamber or Commerce on the Czech Republic and Member of YPO of Czech Chapter.
When we were deciding about our strategy, we looked for something that we can be the best in the world to make a difference. We knew it has to be something we have under our controll. Thus we decided for service and cleanliness. Our purpose is to make people happy and our strategy is that Great people provide impeccable service at any point of contact with guests and colleagues.
The Alcron Hotel Prague
History & Story
Built in 1932, the Alcron Hotel has always been at the centre of the city’s cultural scene. The luxurious Art Deco property is home to The Alcron, Michelin-starred restaurant 2012 – 2017, and the Be Bop Lobby Bar, a world-class bar serving unique and entertaining cocktails as well as rare spirits. The Alcron Hotel is close to the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Wenceslas Square, and Prague Castle. After its opening, this 5-Star Hotel in Prague became the preferred destination of statesmen, politicians, and artists. Our guests appreciate the world-class hospitality and unparalleled service our team delivers at any point of contact. We offer the friendliest and most personable service around.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Alcron Hotel Prague, with its art-deco design, offers more than 85 years of hospitality excellence
• Outstanding & genuine service, customer focused with a booking.com rating of 9.4, TripAdvisor ranking #7
• Complimentary WiFi internet connection throughout the hotel (1GBps)
• Exceptional dining experience, historically excellent Alcron name, Michelin Star, Be Bop Bar with signature cocktails
• Central location, within walking distance of all the main attractions
This luxurious and elegant art deco hotel enjoys a fantastic location close to Prague’s Wenceslas Square. It is surrounded by historic landmarks, shops, bars and restaurants. It is a ten minute walk to the historic Old Town Square, and a few minutes more to Charles Bridge.
Key sites/activities in the area
• National Museum
• National Theatre
• Old Town Square
• Prague Castle
• Charles Bridge
• Wenceslas Square
The Alcron Hotel has an incredible history. It became a connotation for exquisite cuisine and amazing service. To have fun, come and taste our signature cocktails (Be Glamours, Be Alchemyst, Be Prepared, and many more. Or come and taste some of the best fine dining, European and Czech modern cuisine flavor of Asia.
Children free of charge till 12.99 years old on extra bed. For older ones the surcharge at the amount of 85 EUR including taxes shall apply.
• Number of suites: 26 suites [inclusive of junior, executive, castle view & presidential suite]
• Number of Luxury rooms: 70 deluxe room
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: total 204 rooms incl. 108 classic rooms
Restaurants & Bars
• The Alcron is one of the finest dining destinations in Prague. The restaurant’s sophisticated setting will whisk you away on what’s sure to be a memorable dining experience. The walls showcase images of dancing couples by Tamara de Lempicka, while a 1930s fireplace provides warmth and a romantic glow. But the real artfulness is in the meal from one of the most talented chefs in the Czech Republic, Jakub Cerny. With Roman Paulus, the two chefs compose meals with fresh ingredients and modern culinary techniques. The Alcron promises an unforgettable gastronomical experience. Sometimes, of course, the opinions of others can speak for us. Our restaurant has been awarded the Michelin Star annually from 2012 – 2017.
• The elegant Be Bop Lobby Bar in the art deco style is a popular place for meetings with captivating atmosphere. Experience Be Bop Lobby Bar’s line of signature cocktails called the “BE concept.” These mesmerizing drinks are imaginatively designed to be as visually dazzling as they are delicious.
• La Rotonde, an elegant restaurant in the Art Deco style offers an excellent selection of meals from the international and local traditional cuisine. Our talented chefs, under supervison of Roman Paulus, will create a culinary miracle from your dinner, which you will never forget. In the summer, it is possible to have an informal dinner on a quiet outside terrace. For years, Saturdays and Sundays have been dedicated to the popular brunch.
• Fitness centre
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Crystal Ballroom : Our magnificent ballroom has a soaring rib-like frame of steel with a glass roof providing daylight and creating an exceptional atmosphere for any event. The air-conditioned room can accommodate meetings for as many as 200 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art conference facilities.
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking classes – Led by renowned Executive Chef Roman Paulus, the hotel’s cooking classes teach guests how to prepare exquisite dishes. Experience an exciting evening of cooking and tasting while enjoying unlimited consumption of Prosecco, wine and soft drinks available for the duration of the course.
Classes begin at the Be Bop Bar with a welcome drink before guest head to the kitchen to begin cooking. During the lesson, participants dine on their own creations.
Cooking classes are also available for children and for groups of up to 35 people.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• TripAdvisor ranked Alcron Hotel Prague as #4 for Service among all the hotels in the Czech Republic.
• TripAdvisor ranked Alcron Hotel Prague as #6 for Luxury among all the hotels in the Czech Republic.
• TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice / Czech Republic – the most luxurious hotels #9
• TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice / Czech Republic – the most favourite hotels #6
• Be Bop Bar listed #3 on TripAdvisor Prague restaurants and bars
• TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner
• TripAdvisor Hall of Fame-Certificate of Excellence for 5 years
• Conde Nast #17 in Top 25 Hotels in Central Europe: Readers’ Choice Awards 2015
• Alcron Restaurant and its Executive Chef Roman Paulus were awarded the
Number of employees