The Beaumont Hotel UK
The Beaumont Hotel
Brown Hart Gardens, Mayfair, London W1K 6TF
Date of Creation
Opened on 29 September 2014
Hotel General Manager
Mr Jannes Soerensen
Previously : Director of Rooms and a Member of the Executive Planning Committee at Le Bristol in Paris.
5-star Luxury Hotel ; Legend Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
THE BEAUMONT HOTEL
History & Story
The Beaumont is an independent, five-star hotel, much praised for its outstanding levels of personal service. The architecturally Protected 1926 building is in the heart of Mayfair, within a few minutes’ walk of London’s finest art galleries and luxury shopping. The hotel’s position on a quiet, historic garden square, yet so close to all that is happening in London, is oft-mentioned as one of the most appealing aspects of the hotel. Evoking the elegance and personalized hospitality of pre-war Mayfair, it is grand in style and yet warm and welcoming.
The interior design of The Beaumont has been realized by Richmond International, in close collaboration with our Founder, Jeremy King.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Beaumont is praised for its “timeless, old-world elegance with a wicked edge”. The intimate size of the hotel – only 73 rooms – means every guest benefits from a very personal touch. In addition to its magnificent location, The Beaumont boasts a number of distinctive features: The Magritte Bar and The Colony Grill Room have quickly become a magnet for London’s people ‘in the know’, whilst The Cub Room is a cosy private bar and lounge exclusively for the hotel’s guests.
The Beaumont is superbly located in the heart of Mayfair on a quiet, landscaped square, yet within sight of Selfridges and a few minutes’ stroll from the luxury shops on Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street, the green spaces of Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square and Hyde Park, and Mayfair’s many art galleries.
Key sites/activities in the area
Shopping : Oxford Street (Selfridges) and Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street Parks and Gardens : Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square, Hyde Park.
Numerous art galleries in Mayfair, The Wallace Collection Museum.
• The Beaumont occupies a 1926 building originally known as Macy’s. Macy’s was one of the first garages to cater principally for shoppers, offering free parking to the customers of nearby Selfridge’s department store.
• The hotel’s façade is Grade Two Listed and now features Antony Gormley’s distinctive sculpture, ROOM
• Brown Hart Gardens just opposite the Beaumont Hotel are raised and it was once rumoured the building was Queen Victoria’s Elephant House. Brown Hart Gardens is apparently the only place in the UK where quarrelling is specifically forbidden by law.
Children are welcome to the hotel; baby-sitting services can be provided upon request.
Number of rooms in all: 73
• 50 Rooms (Bathrooms with underfloor heating; Large, private hallways; Large LCD television; A laptop safe; 24-hour room service)
• 23 Studios and suites including The Roosevelt Suite (a presidential suite of up to five bedrooms with private terrace) and ROOM by Antony Gormley, a one-bedroom suite
• Complimentary for all guests: WiFi; Local landline calls; Nespresso coffee, teas, soft drinks, snacks in-room; In-room movies; Hotel limousine service; Shoe shine service
• Traditional toiletries from D.R. Harris
• A number of rooms and suites are interconnecting and some are designed as disability accessible rooms.
Restaurants & Bars
• Colony Grill Room
The menu features, as well as salads and grills, appropriately classic dishes from both sides of the Atlantic, by the chef Christian Turner.
• Magritte Bar
The bar is naturally an ‘American Bar’, such as was prevalent in London and Paris in the 1920s and early 30s. Bar’s specialities : Bourbons and American Whiskies. Jazz music is played live on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
• American Bar
The bar is naturally an ‘American Bar’, such as was prevalent in London and Paris in the 1920s and early 30s. Bar’s specialities : Bourbons and American Whiskies.
• The Cub Room
Private Residents’ Bar & Lounge.
• Continental Beaumont breakfast is complimentary for all hotel guests.
• the Cub Room can also be used by special arrangement for private lunches
• Resident’s Gymnasium – open 24 hours a day
• Steam Room and Sauna
• Two Therapy Rooms, Hair and Grooming Room
• Hammam with dry heat
• Ostheopathy with Bhart Shemar
• Bespoke facial treatments with Abigail James
Corporate & Celebration Events
The Lotos Room is a Boardroom and Private Dining Room
• 18 covers for a board meeting
• 24 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on one oval table
• 40 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on five round tables of eight
• 60 covers for standing receptions.
Extra Notable Features
The Beaumont’s Mercedes E Class (emission free) is available on a complimentary basis for the use of hotel guests for drop-offs within Mayfair.
The hotel features ROOM, the only inhabitable sculpture in the world designed by well-known British artist, Sir Antony Gormley.
All hotel guests are able to sign their bills at any of the Corbin & King restaurants in London, eg The Wolseley, to be charged to their room account.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
The Beaumont has received numerous accolades since it opened:
· Condé Nast Traveler USA Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 – one of the top 5 hotels (out of 40) in London
· One of only 8 hotels chosen in 2018 by LTI (Luxury Travel Intelligence) and featured on CNN Travel as “the ultimate collection” of London’s luxury hotels “performing to an exception standard”
· The Beaumont was ranked one of the 25 Best Luxury Hotels in the World by TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards 2018; at #4 in Europe and #2 in London
· In 2018, Condé Nast Traveler USA placed the hotel on its annual Gold List of its editors’ favourite hotels in the world for the 3rd time
· It was ranked #1 Hotel in Mayfair, #2 in London and #2 in England by the US News Travel Best Hotel Rankings 2018
· Named UK Independent Hotel of the Year 2017 in the Catey Awards
· The Blue Badge Awards 2017 Best (Accessible) Upmarket Hotel
· The AA Hotel of the Year – London 2016/17, “Impressive hotel … a great example of something a little unique and different and a very worth winner.”
· In 2016, the readers of Travel & Leisure commended the hotel as one of London’s Top Ten in the annual World’s Best Awards
· Luxury Travel Intelligence in 2015 called it their “favourite boutique hotel in London”
· Forbes Life lauded it as “One of the hottest hotel openings in London in 2014”
· It was placed on the Condé Nast Traveller (UK) Hot List
· And on the Condé Nast Traveler USA, who called it an “Urban Standout” and “A new London classic”
Number of employees