The Beaumont Hotel UK
The Beaumont Hotel
Brown Hart Gardens, Mayfair, London W1K 6TF
Corbin & King
Date of Creation
Opened on 29 September 2014
Hotel General Manager
Mr Jannes Soerensen
Previously : Director of Rooms and a Member of the Executive Planning Committee at Le Bristol in Paris.
5-star Luxury Hotel ; Legend Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
THE BEAUMONT HOTEL
History & Story
The Beaumont is the first hotel by famous London restaurateurs Jeremy King and Chris Corbin. The architecturally Protected 1926 building is in the heart of Mayfair, within a few minutes’ walk of London’s finest art galleries and luxury shopping. The hotel’s position on a quiet, historic garden square, yet so close to all that is happening in London, is oft-mentioned as one of the most appealing aspects of the hotel
The interior design of The Beaumont has been realised by Richmond International, in close collaboration with Jeremy King.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Beaumont is praised for its “timeless, old-world elegance with a wicked edge ». The intimate size of the hotel – only 73 rooms – means every guest benefits from a very personal touch. In addition to its magnificent location, The Beaumont boasts a number of distinctive features: The American Bar and The Colony Grill Room have quickly become a magnet for London’s people ‘in the know’, whilst The Cub Room is a cosy private bar and lounge exclusively for the hotel’s guests.
The Beaumont is superbly located in the heart of Mayfair on a quiet, landscaped square, yet within sight of Selfridges and a few minutes’ stroll from the luxury shops on Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street, the green spaces of Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square and Hyde Park, and Mayfair’s many art galleries.
Key sites/activities in the area
Shopping : Oxford Street (Selfridges) and Duke Street, Mount Street, South Audley Street and Bond Street Parks and Gardens : Grosvenor Square, Berkeley Square, Hyde Park.
Numerous art galleries in Mayfair, The Wallace Collection Museum.
• The Beaumont occupies a 1926 building originally known as Macy’s. Macy’s was one of the first garages to cater principally for shoppers, offering free parking to the customers of nearby Selfridge’s department store.
• The hotel’s façade is Grade Two Listed and now features Antony Gormley’s distinctive sculpture, ROOM
• Brown Hart Gardens just opposite the Beaumont Hotel are raised and it was once rumoured the building was Queen Victoria’s Elephant House. Brown Hart Gardens is apparently the only place in the UK where quarrelling is specifically forbidden by law.
Children are welcome to the hotel; baby-sitting services can be provided upon request.
Number of rooms in all: 73
• 50 Rooms (Bathrooms with underfloor heating; Large, private hallways; Large LCD television; A laptop safe; 24-hour room service)
• 23 Studios and suites including The Roosevelt Suite (a presidential suite of up to five bedrooms with private terrace) and ROOM by Antony Gormley, a one-bedroom suite
• Complimentary for all guests: WiFi; Local landline calls; Nespresso coffee, teas, soft drinks, snacks in-room; In-room movies; Hotel limousine service; Shoe shine service
• Traditional toiletries from D.R. Harris
• A number of rooms and suites are interconnecting and some are designed as disability accessible rooms.
Restaurants & Bars
• Colony Grill Room
The menu features, as well as salads and grills, appropriately classic dishes from both sides of the Atlantic, by the chef Christian Turner.
• American Bar
The bar is naturally an ‘American Bar’, such as was prevalent in London and Paris in the 1920s and early 30s. Bar’s specialities : Bourbons and American Whiskies.
• The Cub Room
Private Residents’ Bar & Lounge.
• Continental Beaumont breakfast is complimentary for all hotel guests.
• Resident’s Gymnasium – open 24 hours a day
• Steam Room and Sauna
• Two Therapy Rooms, Hair and Grooming Room
• Hammam with dry heat
• Ostheopathy with Bhart Shemar
• Bespoke facial treatments with Abigail James
Corporate & Celebration Events
The Lotos Room is a Boardroom and Private Dining Room
• 18 covers for a board meeting
• 24 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on one oval table
• 40 covers for a breakfast/lunch/dinner on five round tables of eight
• 60 covers for standing receptions.
Extra Notable Features
The Beaumont’s vintage Daimler is available on a complimentary basis for the use of hotel guests for drop-offs within Mayfair.
The hotel features ROOM, the only inhabitable sculpture in the world designed by well-known British artist, Sir Antony Gormley.
All hotel guests are able to sign their bills at any of the Corbin & King restaurants in London, eg The Wolseley, to be charged to their room account.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• The AA Hotel of the Year – London 2016/17
• Conde Nast, Travel Awards Gold List 2017 – World’s Best Hotels
• UK Independent Hotel of the Year 2017 in the Catey Awards
• Conde Nast, Travel Awards Gold List 2016 – World’s Best Hotels
• Best Boutique Hotel 2015 from Luxury Travel Intelligence
• European Design Awards 2015 – Best Architectural Adaptive Use
• “Best Front of House” at the revered Tatler Restaurant Awards 2016
• Best New Luxury Hotel Opening in the world in 2014 by Luxury Travel Intelligence.
Number of employees