The Lanesborough, Oetker CollectionLondon, United Kingdom
The Lanesborough, Oetker Collection
Hyde Park Corner, London, SW1X 7TA
The Lanesborough is part of Oetker Collection, a unique collection of Masterpiece Hotels including Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Germany, Le Bristol Paris, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and Château Saint-Martin & Spa in French Riviera, L’Apogée Courchevel (French Alps), Eden Rock – St Barths, Palácio Tangará in São Paulo and Jumby Bay Island, West Indies. CEO: Dr. Timo Gruenert
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Marco Novella, Managing Director
5-star luxury hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World
THE LANESBOROUGH, Oetker Collection
History & Story
The 2nd Viscount Lanesborough built his London residence in fields adjoining Hyde Park in 1719, the Hanoverian King George I was on the throne. At the time Knightsbridge was little more than a suburban village. In 1827, the seventh year of the reign of George IV – erstwhile Prince Regent and a great patron of the arts – The board of Governors commissioned architect William Wilkins to design a new building which is as we know The Lanesborough today.
In a vibrant and elegant grand residence honouring Regency-era luxury, a stay at The Lanesborough is exceptionally refined, with esteemed English service and an impeccable sense of style.
The only hotel in London to offer round-the-clock, dedicated butler service in each room and suite, guests are assured their every need is well served – with thought, surprise and charm.
Perfectly located between Knightsbridge, Hyde Park and Mayfair, with London’s most desirable shopping district just a short walk away, this iconic London landmark is at the heart of the capital’s beloved boutiques and fashionable neighbourhoods.
Celebrated as much as a destination for food and drink as a hotel, The Lanesborough is home to the Michelin-starred Céleste restaurant, an award-winning afternoon tea service, a seriously seductive Library Bar and one of London’s best cigar and Cognac lounges in the city.
The finishing touch in the hotel’s exceptional renovation, The Lanesborough Club & Spa is one of London’s most exclusive private member fitness and health clubs, offering hotel guests and club members access to internationally recognised experts in the fields of fitness, beauty and wellness.
Guests have always been welcomed to The Lanesborough as if they were stepping into a distinguished home, and now as part of the revered Oetker Collection, it enjoys a new era as a masterpiece hotel.
The entire hotel has undergone a total renovation in 2014/2015.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Lanesborough is ideally located in Knightsbridge one of London’s most glamourous neighbourhoods. We offer world renowned service and are the only Hotel in London to offer a full butler service to all rooms. Decorated in Regency style the Lanesborough is London’s finest residence.
The Lanesborough could not be more perfectly positioned for the enjoyment of London’s greatest attractions. The hotel’s central location, at the entrance to Knightsbridge from Hyde Park Corner, leaves just a short walk to following key sites.
Key sites/activities in the area
Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the designer boutiques of Sloane Street, and easy access to all of London’s most famous theatres, galleries, museums and historical sites.
Little ones at The Lanesborough receive a very warm welcome and will received the following as a standard – Special Amenities, Special Welcome Gift, Bathrobe and Slippers, Special Toiletries, Free Child, Friendly Moves and Games
There are 93 guest rooms at The Lanesborough, including 43 suites, all stunningly furnished in the building’s original Regency style.
The refurbishment of the rooms and suites was fashioned by the late doyen of interior design, Alberto Pinto. A host of predominantly British artists and master craftsmen using age-old techniques spent thousands of hours creating each unique ceiling, and applying ornamental plasterwork, stencilling, gold-leaf and hand-painted trompe l’oeil effects.
Every trimming and finishing was made to measure. Furniture, fabrics, mirrors, carpets, wall coverings and beds have all been sourced from the finest British suppliers, to create rooms and suites of extraordinary quality and variety.
All rooms are triple-glazed to guarantee a peaceful night’s rest.
Out of sight, within the finery and tradition, advanced technology offers fingertip tablet control of temperature, lighting, butler and housekeeping calls and the newest interactive entertainment systems, offering guests total control of extensive libraries of music and movies. Music systems extend through all rooms and flat screen televisions are disguised within automated, gold-gilt framed artworks.
Restaurants & Bars
Céleste Restaurant offers a dining experience par excellence, serving gourmet cuisine and freshest British ingredients.
Library Bar: Decorated with beautiful wood marquetry wallpaper and furnished with sofas and wing-chairs, The Library Bar retains its intimate, club-like atmosphere. Guests acquaint themselves with the bar’s “Liquid History”, a timeline of vintage Cognacs that dates back to the 1770s, displayed in glass cabinets.
Garden Room: Guests are invited to make their choice from the sizable collection of Cuban and pre-Castro cigars in The Garden Room’s celebrated walk-in humidor, and take a seat in exclusive surroundings.
Crowned the World’s Best New Hotel Spa 2017 at the World Spa Awards™, The Lanesborough Club & Spa, is one of London’s most exclusive health clubs and spa, offering hotel guests access to internationally recognised experts in the fields of fitness, beauty and wellness – with a 360° approach to wellbeing. Couples treatments available.
Corporate & Celebration Events
A business meeting, special occasion or social gathering at The Lanesborough is one that will make the very deepest impression. From the state-room splendour and panoramic views of The Belgravia to the inviting, intimate glow of The St George’s, every one of the seven private rooms at The Lanesborough possesses a character and atmosphere all of its own.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
· No. 1 Hotel in London, Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards
· 5th Best UK Business Hotel, Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards 2018
· Top 100 Hotels in the World, World’s Best Hotels, Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards
· England’s Leading Luxury Hotel 2018, World Travel AwardsBest Spa Concept, The Lanesborough Club & Spa, Gala Spa Awards
· Best Of Award of Excellence, Céleste wine list, Wine Spectator
· 5 Bubble Luxury, The Lanesborough Club & Spa, Good Spa Guide
· Hotel of the Year shortlist, Virtuoso
· Top Hotel in London shortlist, Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
· Best Europe Hotel, Porthole Cruise Magazine
· World’s Best New Hotel Spa, World Spa Awards
· England’s Leading Luxury Hotel, World Travel Awards
• Awarded 5 stars by Forbes Travel Guide 2016
• 4th Best Hotel in London, Travel + Leisure
• 7th Best City Hotel in Europe, Travel + Leisure
· 88th Best Hotel in the World, Travel + Leisure
· Featured in ‘The Hotel List’, Condé Nast Traveller
· Best Luxury Hotel Reopening, Luxury Travel Advisor
· Michelin Star, Céleste at The Lanesborough
· Cognac Drinks List of the Year, Imbibe Magazine
· Best Hotel in Europe, US News & World Report
• Number One in London voted for Travel and Leisure Readers 2014
• The Lanesborough voted as one of the top hotels in the World by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2014 Gold List
• Best Hotels in 100 Cities by Robb Report 2013
• Awarded 5 Stars by Forbes Travel Guide 2013
• The Garden Room at the Lanesborough, best cigar terrace of the year 2013, Spectator Award
• Best Night’s Sleep in Britian by Porthole Cruise Magazine 2013
• Number 2 Hotel in Europe by World’s Best Hotels, Institutional Investor 2012
• BVoted England’s Leading Hotel by World Travel Awards 2012
Number of employees