The Lodge Switzerland
Chemin de Plénadzeu 3, 1936 Verbier,
Virgin Limited Edition
Date of Creation
January of 2008
Hotel General Manager
Formally a 36 bedroom chalet, we fully refurbished The Lodge and opened as 9 bedrooms + a bunkroom – in January 2008 – as you can imagine we have created a lot of space dedicated to the living areas, plus we have very spacious rooms and suites.
The Lodge in Verbier, is located on a quiet road leading out of the centre of Verbier backing onto woodland. Located only 250m from the main lift station it is very easy to walk into town, but during the winter season we also provide a 24 hour shuttle service around Verbier.
You can not ski-out of the property but guests can easily ski-in to The Lodge on an intermediate run, with a little shortcut through the trees.
History & Story
The Lodge is Sir Richard Branson’s 9-bedroom stunning mountain retreat, high in the Swiss Alps in the world-famous resort of Verbier. The Lodge is open year-round and is the ideal base from which to explore the Alps in summer and in winter. The team of friendly and experienced staff at The Lodge includes a General Manager, spa therapist and three chefs. Each one is dedicated to tailor-making each guest experience… People may arrive as guests but often leave as friends. For us, customer service means always being professional and honest and constantly searching for new ways to improve each guest experience.
The Lodge is part of Virgin Limited Edition, Sir Richard Branson’s collection of unique retreats.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
When the weather is glorious it’s more than likely you’ll be spending plenty of time on the mountain, but when you get back to The Lodge there’s still plenty to do! Pull off those ski or hiking boots and relax in the lounge with a cool drink curled up on a comfy sofa. Or if your muscles ache, take a dip in the indoor heated pool, or warm yourself up in the indoor or outdoor hot tubs.
The Lodge also has a fully equipped gym, a steam room and a party area. You can shoot some pool or dance the night away all underneath a twinkling disco ball. If you want to take it easy we can pop on a film for you and your friends or family on the large plasma screen (we’ve got a great selection of DVDs) while you enjoy a few drinks from the bar
The closest International Airport to Verbier is Geneva, the transfer by road takes approximately 2 hours. For a scenic route around Lake Geneva guests can take the train to Martigny, then a road transfer from here to The Lodge which would take approx. 30 minutes or connect through with another train to Le Charble which is at the bottom of the valley, its then a 15 minute drive from here or guests could take the gondola which is a 5 minute walk from La Charble train station and takes only 9 minutes to the Medran lift station where our team would then meet guests to take them to The Lodge (which is only 5 minutes walk away).Sion Airport as you can see on the map is a private airstrip and therefore if you have guests chartering a plane or with their own private jet, then its worth noting that Sion Airport closes at dusk…this is located approximately 45 minutes away by car.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Skiing and snowboarding, snowshoeing, paragliding, sledging,
• Hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, canyoning.
• Mountain scooters
• Wine tasting, chocolate making
• The Lodge is committed to sustainable development and to supporting local community and group-wide global charitable initiatives.
• Partying at The Lodge is a serious business! The bar never closes, and just when you think the party’s peaked, the infamous ‘shot ski’ is likely to make an appearance – you have been warned. The party room also features a pool table that transforms into a ping pong (or beer pong) table and there’s even a disco ball so you can relive those Saturday Night Fever moments while you enjoy a few drinks from the bar.
The Lodge is a great place for a family holiday as we have plenty of things for children to do. Children of all ages will be invited to take part in The Lodge Rangers. We have a set welcome pack and a range of great activities available on request, including children’s DVDs, toys, an Xbox, books, games, we can also organise treasure hunts in the evenings. If there is a large group of Rangers, we can arrange a set programme with some advance notice – just let us know the ages and interests of the Rangers concerned, and we’ll come up with something to keep them entertained!
So our bunkroom is our 10th bedroom and can accommodate an additional 6 children, and has a small en-suite shower room.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 7 bedrooms, 2 master suites and 1 bunkroom to fit 6 children.
Restaurants & Bars
•The food served at The Lodge is one of the highlights of your stay, and we serve a mix of Swiss and international cuisine. Dining can be as formal or informal as you wish, from full four-course gourmet feasts to healthy meals with the children. Meals can be themed, traditional or a mix! We also stock a great range of international wines, top quality spirits, international beers and of course plenty of bubbles!
• After an active day on the mountains there’s a good chance your muscles will be aching after all that effort. Relax and unwind with a treatment in the capable hands of our resident beauty therapist. Ask our reservations team for a full list of spa treatments.
• Indoor pool and hot tubs.
• Steam room.
Corporate and celebration events
• Say ‘I do’ in the Swiss Alps! Whether you’re dreaming of a white wedding or tying the knot in the alpine summer, celebrate in style at The Lodge with up to 18 of your closest friends and family. After exchanging vows in Le Châble – 15 minutes’ drive away, just sit back and relax while we host a party to remember!
Extra Notable Features
• Large plasma screen
• Party room
Number of employees