The Ned London
27 Poultry, London. EC2R 8AJ
Our Managing Director is Gareth Banner, who prior to joining The Ned in the pre-opening phase (May 2016), held the position of General Manager at The St Pancras.
An unparalleled “Destination Hotel” set in the iconic Grade-1 listed former Midland Bank building, designed by Sir Edwin ‘Ned’ Lutyens in 1924. Offering a wide selection of services and amenities, everything a guest could want or need under one roof.
Re-purposing the late 1920’s Sir Edwin Lutyens’s designed Grade 1 listed building, which operated as Midlands Bank headquarters for many years, was an ambitious proposal to take on to say the least. Under a joint venture between Soho House and Sydell Group, The Ned London came to life in May 2017 offering a hotel, members club and collection of public restaurants all under one roof. The likes of which had never been seen before in the busy streets of London.
Opened in May 2017
Unparalleled facilities all under one roof, offering an ‘Urban Resort’ in the City of London.
Located in the heart of The City of London, only a few minutes walk away from the Bank of England and Bank Tube Station.
• St Paul’s Cathedral
• Tower of London
• Leadenhall Market
• Museum of London
• Barbican Centre
• Southbank including Borough Market, Tate Modern and The Shard
• 250 rooms from intimate to large-scale suites – all with a nod to 1920s glamour. Expect tactile furnishings, classical details and all the essentials you could need for a comfortable home away from home. The rooms and suites feature vintage pieces, custom brass & mahogany furniture, antique chandeliers and rainforest showers
• 10 suites, including 5 individual speciality suites 2 of which are Two bedroom suite offerings. Suite sizes range from 40 – 100 sqm in size.
• 32 luxury rooms, including 15 Heritage Rooms which are part of the Grade 1 listing due to the restored original wood panelling surrounds. Room sizes range from 35 – 60 sqm
Eight restaurants & bars sit amidst The Ned’s historic 3,000 square metre former banking hall, serving food from around the world. All offering bispoke a la carte menus, from Britain to Northern Italy, North America to Asia Pacific.
• Extensive gym, spa and grooming facilities.
• Indoor 20m swimming pool
• 8 treatment rooms
• Hair saloon and barbers
• Dedicated events floor consisting of 6 private spaces, hosting meetings, receptions, dinners, celebrations and weddings.
• All fully restored Grade 1 listed spaces, which previously acted as ‘Directors only’ spaces
• The Tapestry Room, previously the Directors Boardoom, accommodating up to a maximum of 200 people.
• The Saloon, previously the Directors Dining Room, accommodating up to a maximum of 120 people.
• 2020 Visit England Excellence Award – Large Hotel of the Year
• 2020 London Tourism Awards – Large Hotel of the Year
• 2019 Catey Awards – Hotel of the Year
• 2020 Hitched Wedding Awards – Best City Wedding Venue
• 2019 CNT Reader’s Choice Awards – London’s Top Hotels
• 2018 GQ Food & Drinks Awards – Best Hotel
• 2018 Town & Country Hotel Awards – Best New Hotels in the World
• 2018 Jet Setter Magazine Awards – Best Big City Sleep
• 2017 AHEAD Europe Design Awards – Europe Hotel of the Year, Best Event Spaces, Spa & Wellness Award