The Peninsula Paris France
The Peninsula Paris
19 Avenue Kléber
75116 Paris – France
The Peninsula Hotels
Date of Creation
August 1, 2014
Hotel General Manager
Katja Henke began her new post at The Peninsula Paris in June 2016. Prior to joining The Peninsula Paris, Ms Henke was General Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok for three and a half years.
5-stars Palace awarded Hotel
THE PENINSULA PARIS
History & Story
Perfectly situated at 19 Avenue Kléber, just steps from the Arc de Triomphe, The Peninsula sits in the heart of Paris within walking distance of some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and shopping districts. The Peninsula Paris is located in a late 19th century classic French building with Haussman and Neo-classic details which first opened as the Hotel Majestic in 1908. Steeped in history, it has been meticulously restored and discreetly modernised with the ultimate in 21st century convenience. The Peninsula houses 200 luxurious rooms, including 86 suites.
Six years in the making, some of France’s finest artisans were hand-picked to undertake this stunning restoration. From the building façade to interior elements including fine marble, rich wood panelling and gold leaf finishing, the result is the ultimate in French craftmanship.
Main strengths, special touch
• Rooftop restaurant with 360° views of Paris
• 2 Terraces, largest terrace of Paris 450m²
• Swimming pool (22m long), 2 Fitness rooms and spa
• Complimentary local calls and international calls through VOIP
• Complimentary wifi and film library access
• Peninsula technology throughout the hotel
Perfectly situated at 19 Avenue Kléber, just steps away from the Arc de Triomphe and 2 minute walk from the Champs-Élysées, The Peninsula sits in the heart of Paris within walking distance of some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Arc de Triomphe
• Musee d’Art Moderne de la ville de Paris/Palais de Tokyo
• Musee Baccarat
• Eiffel Tower
• Grand Palais
• Place de la Concorde
• The bespoke Lasvit chandelier is comprised of 900 individual, hand-blown glass plane leaves.
• 20,000 pieces of gold leaf, of 8 cm x 8 cm, were used in the restoration of The hotel.
• The 4 main wood and gold leaf columns in The Lobby represent the theatre, the four seasons, hunting and music.
200 rooms, including 86 suites
Designed to perfection with distinct Parisian influences, signature Peninsula functionality, all spacious rooms and suites are embellished with meticulously curated artworks, elegant furniture, ambient lighting and the ultimate in proprietary technology.
The Peninsula Paris guestrooms have been designed with the modern luxury traveller in mind. In addition to the bedroom, living area and bathroom, each offers a generous separate dressing area with expansive luggage and wardrobe space , together with a valet box.
The sumptuous and spacious marble bathrooms are the ultimate indulgence. Featuring separate rain showers, deep soaking bathtubs and double washbasins, together with inset televisions for pure relaxation, superlative bathroom amenities by Oscar de la Renta add yet another level to the impeccable Peninsula experience.
Revolutionary in-room proprietary Peninsula technology sets new standards of guest personalisation, with fully customised interactive digital bedside and desk tablets preset in any one of 11 languages. Everything is controlled and accessed at the touch of a button.
Rooms categories :
– Superior Room (35m²)
– Deluxe Room (40m²)
– Junior Suite (60m²)
– Superior Suite (70m²)
– Deluxe Suite (85m²)
– Grand Premier Suite (100m²)
– Rooftop Garden Suite (120m²)
– The Katara Suite (180m²)
– The Historic Suite (217m²)
– The Peninsula Suite (318m²)
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Lobby; an all-day dining venue which also serves the world renowned Peninsula Afternoon Tea
• The Kleber Terrace; a Parisian-inspired outdoor venue serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and light snacks
• In-Room Dining; available 24 hours, daily
• The Bar Kleber; an intimate location for drinks, including malt whiskies, Cognacs and cocktails.
• Poolside; drinks and snacks served in a serence environment.
• LiLi Restaurant; serving Cantonese cuisine in a Chinese and Western opera inspired décor.
• The Lounge Kleber; an intimate private venue for cigar aficionados.
• L’Oiseau Blanc; a restaurant, bar and terrace serving contemporary French cuisine, fine wines and cocktails on the rooftop.
The Peninsula Spa with 8 treatment rooms, a state of the art gym, Hammam and Sauna and a 22m indoor Swimming pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Combining classic Parisian chic and world-class hospitality, The Peninsula Paris is a coveted location for memorable events in the French capital and amid the city’s premier attractions, the hotel’s portfolio of meeting and reception venues ranges from small boardrooms and private dining suites to a traditional Parisian salon connecting to the majestic Pérouse Gallery.
Whichever you choose, our expert meeting consultants will help ensure that your event captures the hotel’s unique blend of timeless elegance, modern luxury and delectable dining.
Extra Notable Features
The Peninsula Academy – Exclusively designed to give guests unique and unprecedented access to Paris’ historical, cultural and local lifestyle experiences, The Peninsula Academy offers a collection of bespoke programmes suitable for adults, children or the entire family to explore this ever-changing and historic city with the style, elegance and sophistication that only The Peninsula can provide.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
5 Stars rating in the 2017 Forbes Travel Guide
Number of employees