Therasia Resort Sea & Spa Italy
Therasia Resort Sea & Spa
Vulcano island – Aeolian Island 98050
Lipari (Me), Siciliy
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Pierpaolo Tiretti After graduating in Business and Business Administration at the University of Perugia, he graduated in Luiss in social media marketing. Starts his career in the Homestead world from the Garden & Villas resort, a four star Superior located in the wonderful island of Ischia. Spent two years ago at the Garden & Villa resort, with strong business achievements, is entrusted with the property of starting a new hotel structure, the Therasia Reosort Sea & Spa, acquired by the group and located in the exclusive island of Vulcano Considered by the business sector, the most exclusive hotel in the Aeolian archipelago, is the ideal place for those seeking a seaside and romantic getaway. Its elegant atmosphere, professional and discreet reception and a unique location overlooking the sea with a view of the faraglioni. After four years of leadership, Pierpaolo Tiretti is satisfied with the results achieved. Two are the important awards thanks to the commitment of all staff and property that has always believed in the improvement of the product offered: the inclusion of the resort within the Small Luxury Hotel, an international chain that collects inside it Best hotel facilities in the world, and the recognition of a Michelin star in 2014 at the Cappero restaurant located inside the hotel.
Small Luxury Hotel of the World since 2011
Therasia Resort Sea & Spa
History & Story
The hotel was originally built in the 1960’s and ownedby a local Sicilian family. Its wonderful location lured itscurrent owners, who bought the property in 2003. Thehotel underwent a complete refurbishment project in thewinter of 2005/2006, using only local materials to enhanceits luminous, fresh Mediterranean atmosphere. The hotelbecame a 5-star property in 2007, and is currently the sole5-star resort on the island.
The romantic magic of the Mediterranean and theprimordial energy of the island of Vulcano create theperfect backdrop for this unique resort, which boasts stunning views across the entire group of Aeolian Islands. The hotel offers a range of prestigious room categories, all simply yet elegantly furnished, with coloured Sicilian majolica headboards, four-poster beds, flowing curtains and, in some rooms, a Jacuzzi located on the terrace boasting views over the intense azure Mediterranean sea.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Natural Mud bath
– Hike Vulcano
– See the eruption of Stromboli
No children facilities
• Number of suites: 3
• Lipari Suite with terrace and sea view (consist in 1 living room, 1 bathroom, 1 bedroom with a terrace and sea view) 41 sqm:
• Stromboli Suite with terrace and sea view (consist in 1 big living room, 2 bathrooms 1 is with bath and shower, 1 bedroom and big terrace and sea view) 55 sqm
• Panarea Suite with terrace and sea view (The suite consists of a large double bedroom and an elegant living room, outdoor areas are characterised by Mediterranean shapes and colours, with a lovely outdoor terrace that offers incredible views of the Aeolian islands and privacy. The intimate and cosy outdoor living room is ideal for an afternoon siesta, a sunset drink or dinner by candlelight surrounded by the typical Mediterranean atmosphere) 67 swq
• Number of Luxury rooms: 3 Master with jacuzzi on the terrace with sea view, 2 Junior suite with balcony and sea view, 18 de luxe room with terrace and sea view
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
The resort offers a range of prestigious room types, all differently decorated and equipped with all comforts:
Telephone, radio, Satellite TV, safe, individually-controlled AC, complimentary mini-bar (soft drinks and mineral water only). Hairdryer, make-up mirror and personalised toiletries.
Sea-view guestrooms all feature spectacular views overlooking the Aeolian Islands. Guestrooms with garden views or side-sea views do not enjoy the same views however are stylishly furnished and comfortable.
Restaurants & Bars
– “L’Arcipelago” with a large terrace overlooking the sea, serving traditional Sicilian cuisine
– “Il Cappero” 1 Michelin star restaurant which boasts a superb setting with enchanting views, serving fine gourmet cuisine.
– “I Grusoni” poolside, grill & restaurant is ideal for casual lunches, snacks and dinners, serving pizzas and grilled dishes.
In an elegant and serene atmosphere, qualified staff offer a wide range of face and body treatments. The centre also features a fitness area, indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath and Emotion shower.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Wedding maximum 300 people
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking class
• Yoga Course
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Michelin star for our Il Cappero restaurant
Number of employees