VILA VITA Parc Resort & Spa Algarve, Portugal
Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa
Rua Anneliese Pohl, Alporchinhos,
8400-450 Porches, Algarve, Portugal
VILA VITA Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Kurt M. Gillig is Managing Director at VILA VITA Parc since 2013, although he has been with the property since 2000, holding several positions such as Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Operations Director at the resort. Before joining VILA VITA Parc, he also worked in several restaurants and hotels in Austria, Germany, Italy and France.
5-star luxury resort, member of The Leading Hotels of the World
VILA VITA Parc constantly strives to deliver memorable guest experiences with extraordinary attention to detail and authentic Portuguese Hospitality.
VILA VITA PARC RESORT & SPA
History & Story
VILA VITA Parc is a part of the VILA VITA Hotels group and is the vision of Dr. Reinfried Pohl, founder of DVAG, and his wife Anneliese, who together with their two sons, used to visit regularly the Algarve on holiday, and saw an opportunity to acquire and develop a beautiful piece of land overlooking the Ocean into a top class luxury resort. From the very beginning, Anneliese Pohl took charge of the design and concept development for the different hotels in the VILA VITA Hotels group. It is thanks to her guidance that each hotel exudes its own personal ambience, is built in harmony with the surrounding countryside and decorated with careful attention to detail. The atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed and it is not a surprise to see a large amount of return customers booking VILA VITA Hotels on a regular basis. VILA VITA Parc is a member of ’Leading Hotels of the World’ since its opening in 1992, and since then has been recognized as one of Europe´s most beautiful resorts.
Since 1997 the VILA VITA Portugal group includes a 780 hectare private vineyard ’Herdade dos Grous’ in the Alentejo region. In addition to producing award-winning wines, the estate breeds horses as well as cattle and produces excellent olive oils. Herdade dos Grous offers 24 rooms, a restaurant and excellent meeting facilities and is managed by VILA VITA Parc.
Here in the Algarve, other VILA VITA properties include the VILA VITA Collection of Luxury Villas & Residences, overlooking the beach of the village of Salema (about 90Km from VILA VITA Parc resort), soon to be expanded to other locations on the Algarve.
We are very pleased to announce that between now and the end of November 2018, as part of the final renovation programme at VILA VITA Parc Resort & Spa, the VITAL Spa will be completely renovated and reconceptualised into an ultra-luxurious and one-of-a-kind spa.
The new space will comprise 12 elegant treatment rooms, all equipped with the latest Gharieni line, a yoga garden pavilion offering both group and private sessions including “aerial yoga”, the existing Hypoxi-Studio – an innovative body contouring method, exclusive in Portugal – as well as the addition of three new dedicated spa suites.
Our last major renovation was completed in April 2017 at the Clubhouse, where several of the restaurants are located, including an infinity adult-only pool. This brought new life to VILA VITA’s dining experience with the addition of Mizu Teppanyaki, the new fine dining Japanese restaurant, offering sushi, robata grill and Teppanyaki experiences. Also at the Clubhouse, architect David Archer, known for his impeccable design on landmarks such as the Chiltern Firehouse in London, redesigned the Atlântico and Whale restaurants, as well as Bela Vita, situated in the main building.
Date Added Extension
2018 – Opening of the new VILA VITA Spa by Sisley (after complete renovation) at the end of November.
2018 – Addition of new shopping area, with the VLife Shops, consisting of 9 luxury brand shops internationally renowned.
2017 – Reopening of Praia Dourada beach restaurant in Armação de Pêra, addition of new pop up shops for summer.
2016 – Re-Opening of the Clubhouse, addition of Mizu Teppanyaki Japanese fine dining restaurant.
2015 – Renovation of Residence Building: 27 rooms and suites and the kitchen at Ocean restaurant.
2014 – Renovation of the Main Building: 72 rooms and suites, as well as of 2 Masterpiece luxury Villas Trevo & Praia with private pool.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
VILA VITA Parc is Portugal’s most exclusive resort, heralded for its timeless elegance and style, unsurpassed range of services and amenities, ultra-luxurious facilities, and sensual and lush seaside setting in the charming Algarve region. The Five Star resort, member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”, celebrates the best of Portugal, immersing each guest in pampered, personalized pleasures imbued with Portuguese culture and hospitality.
• Location: Ocean view, cliff top location, lush subtropical park, accessibility, almost private beach on doorstep, sense of place and space, low density resort
• Portuguese Style: Algarvian-Moorish architecture and design offering the best of Portugal, diverse accommodation attracting different segments from couples to families
• Culinary Experiences: Authentic Portuguese food and service, choice of cuisine in 10 restaurants including 2 Michelin-star Ocean restaurant, Portugal’s best wine cellar and top beach seafood restaurant Arte Náutica, Herdade dos Grous organic wine farm with award winning wines, own butcher preparing quality meats and cuts.
• All-in-one resort with excellent sporting and leisure facilities: golf, tennis, volleyball, spa with wellness and rejuvenating programs, (Pilates, Yoga), state-of-the-art fitness equipment, private yacht.
• Top Class Service: Portuguese hospitality, butler service, high attention to detail, joyous staff, elegant, informal and personalized service
Set on 54 spectacular acres perched above the Atlantic Ocean with lush, blooming sub-tropical gardens, distinctive Moorish-influenced Algarvean architecture, a dramatic rocky coastline and one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal boasting an arc of finely grained sand on a small romantic bay with aquamarine water protected by cliffs on both sides
Key sites/activities in the area
At the seashore in Portugal’s southernmost province and most popular tourist destination, the Algarve is the country’s vacation paradise offering everything from stunning natural beauty, gourmet cuisine and fine wines to year-round climate and world-class beaches and golf.
Among the Algarve attractions adjacent to VILA VITA Parc are the medieval castles at Silves and Sagres, the school of Prince Henry the Navigator where Columbus studied, and the far western point of Europe.
An array of off-property options from tee times on nearby championship courses to horseback riding, deep-sea fishing to visits to Sevilla and Lisbon, typical Portuguese bullfights to paragliding or excursions by typical fishing boat to explore the coastal rock formations and grottos.
VILA VITA´s own vineyard and organic farm – Herdade dos Grous (Alentejo)
The Herdade dos Grous (Country Estate of the Cranes) is 1,803 acres of vineyards, olive and orange groves where guests can learn about horse breeding, organic farming and the cultivation of award-winning wines. Among the awards garnered by the wine estate is the 2004 best red wine of the Alentejo region, known for its robust vintages. Many of the foods served at the resort are produced at the wine estate, and guests often visit Herdade dos Grous for a tour, to relax in the country ambiance and enjoy a gourmet meal.
VILA VITA Parc is a family friendly resort and offers children’s programs at Natalie’s Crèche (for 6 months to 3 years) and at Annabella’s Kids Parc (4 to 11-year-olds) and teenager summer activities for 12 and older.
• Playground 4-12 year olds
• Mini-football pitch
All 170 accommodations are exquisitely appointed with every amenity and feature terraces, balconies and panoramic views of the flower-filled gardens some featuring sea views.
Rooms & Suites
Guests may choose from a wide choice of distinguished accommodations including:
• 61 Deluxe rooms and 12 Suites in the main building, including 4 Junior Suites, 6 Grand Suites and 2 Penthouse Suites.
• 27 Rooms and Suites in the exclusive manor house style Residence, including 24 Deluxe Rooms, 2 Townhouse Suites and 1 Residence Grand Suite, most of them with stunning ocean views.
• 61 Suites, 30 of them with Rooftop Terraces, including 13 Oasis Suites Premium, 13 Oasis Suites Premium Rooftop and 35 Oasis Family Suites.
• 3 Suites at the adjoining VILA VITA Spa by Sisley.
Restaurants & Bars
• Ocean: the resort’s signature fine dining restaurant, 2 Stars Michelin with ocean panoramas. The Chef is Hans Neuner. Set menu.
• Bela Vita: à-la-carte restaurant offering international cuisine. Half board restaurant & à la carte.
• Adega: traditional, rustic Portuguese cuisine, served by the lake. Half board restaurant & à la carte.
• Atlântico: Mediterranean fine cuisine, featuring organic dishes. Large terrace with vast ocean views. À la carte restaurant.
• Aladin Grill: fine dining grillroom with an open kitchen and distinctive Moorish décor. À la carte restaurant.
• Whale: casual restaurant for all tastes and ages, terrace with pool and sea views. Half board restaurant & à la carte.
• Mizu Teppanyaki: Contemporary Japanese cuisine with sushi and teppanyaki. À la carte restaurant.
• Oasis Bar: an elegant bar in the main building with a terrace overlooking the gardens serving cocktails or afternoon tea.
• Palm Bar: at the Oasis Parc pool, serving refreshing beverages and snacks, with a top terrace overlooking the pool.
• Aladin Bar: Ideal for a pre-dinner drink at the Clubhouse.
• Pool Lounge & Bar, Delfim Bar, Garden Bar: at different spots, serving refreshing beverages, snacks and light meals.
• Café Bica: serves coffee, teas and homemade pastries all day, with a terrace on the lake.
• Cave de Vinhos: an impressive arched wine cellar with more than 11,000 bottles and 1,200 different wine references.
• Manzar Terrace: 360º panoramic terrace, with great views over the ocean, with bar service for events on request.
• V-Club Disco: available for private events.
Offsite Dining: located a few minutes from the resort, complimentary transfers are offered to guests:
• Arte Náutica – adjacent to the resort’s Beach Club in Armação de Pêra, offers grilled fresh seafood and meats served on a waterfront terrace. À la carte restaurant.
• Praia Dourada – On the Armação de Pêra beach, offers a fresh style with a chillout lounge area on the sand. All day dining menu with light snacks.
• VILA VITA Biergarten & Butcher – at the nearby village of Porches, an authentic Bavarian beer garden offering traditional German specialties and beer. Half board restaurant & à la carte.
All meats originate from the Herdade dos Grous and are prepared in VILA VITA Parc’s own butchery.
The Spa is being completely renovated and reconceptualised into an ultra-luxurious and one-of-a-kind spa until the end of November. As the Spa is located in an independent facility far away from the accommodation buildings and the other leisure facilities at the resort, we do not anticipate that the works will have any impact on guest satisfaction. During this time, the existing spa and wellness treatments will be available in suites in the main building, with the exception of the Vital and the Rassul Baths. We are certain that these enhancements will provide the guests with an even more exclusive and unique experience in the near future.
The Health Club is quite central, with the indoor/outdoor main pool, relaxing area with sauna, whirlpool, Turkish bath, ice grotto and plunge pool, as well as the EnerGym with most advanced exercise equipment. Classes and instruction range from Yoga, Pilates, aquarobics and stretching to personal training.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The resort has everything the meeting planner is looking for, from unique venues for exciting and memorable events to the latest technical capabilities. The seven event rooms and the VILA VITA Events Pavilion, with world-class furnishings and appointment can accommodate up to 450 persons for conferences, seminars and banquets. Lisboa Ballroom can be transformed into a special themed ambiance for a company celebration. One-of-a-kind excursions, banquets and team-building activities can be planned at the resort’s country wine estate.
Extra Notable Features
From staying in a completely private and ultra-luxurious suite at the water’s edge with breath-taking views, to enjoying an intimate dinner for two in the atmospheric wine cellar, couples will discover romance everywhere they turn at VILA VITA Parc. At the same time, with its extensive range of accommodations, dining options, sports, recreational activities, leisure facilities and special program for guests of all ages, VILA VITA Parc is the perfect getaway for the entire family with something for everyone.
Guests enjoy every popular sport and recreational activity imaginable:
• 7 swimming pools (1 heated indoor, 3 outdoor and 3 children)
• Secluded beach with direct access from the resort
• Children’s programs: Natalie’s Crèche, for 6 months to 3 years, Annabella’s Kids Parc, 4 to 11-year-olds, and teenager summer activities for 12 and older.
• VILA VITA Spa by Sisley (from the end of November 2018)
• Health Club
• EnerGym, with the most advanced exercise equipment
• HYPOXI®-Studio, to redesign your body
• 18-Hole Mini-golf
• 2 artificial clay tennis courts and 1 multisports court, all with floodlights
• 9-hole pitch & putt practice course, 18-hole putting green
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
– WTA – Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel & Villas
– TÜV Rheinland – “Eco Hotel” and “Food Safety” Certification
– Trivago – Best 10 5-Star Hotels in Portugal
– LTG – European Awards: Grand Luxury Hotel of the Year 2018
– Restaurant Ocean: Certificate of Excelence 2018, by Tripadvisor
– La Liste – Ocean Restaurant (64th place)
– REEVOO AWARD 2017 – British Airways Holidays Customer Excellence Award
– Traveller Made – 3rd Grand Hotel Champion Certification 2017
– Restaurant Ocean Second Michelin Star (since 2011 until present)
– Certification “Eco Hotel” and “Food Safety”, TÜV Rheinland 2017
– Nr.1 Golf & Wellness Hotel, Olimar Awards 2017
– TripAdvisor – GreenLeader Gold Level Certificate 2017
– TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2017: Top 25 Hotels on Quality of Service
– TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2017: Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Portugal and Europe
– TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2017: Top 25 Hotels in Portugal
– TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2016
– Traveller’s Choice Award 2016
– GreenLeader Gold Level Certificate 2016
– Restaurant Ocean TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence 2016
– Publituris: Best Resort Hotel in Portugal (2015)
– GreenLeader Gold Level Certificate (2015)
– “Hall of Fame” (2015)
– Condé Nast Traveler Spain: “Best International Resort” (2015)
– Hotels.com: “Certificate of Excellence” (2015)
– TÜV-Rheinland: “Eco-Hotel” & “Food Safety” (2015)
– TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence (2014, 2015)
– Traveller’s Choice Award (2014, 2015)
– Travelife Gold Award: “Quality and Safety Certific.” (2014, 2015)
– Expresso magazine “Boa Cama, Boa Mesa”: “Platinum Key” (2015) &
“Golden Key” (2014, 2015)
– Restaurant Ocean Expresso magazine “Boa Cama, Boa Mesa”: “Golden
Fork” (2014, 2015)
– WTA: Leading Green Hotel (2014) & “Europe’s Most Romantic Resort” (2014)
– Trivago.com: “Portugal’s Best Beach Hotel (2014)
– Restaurant Ocean Blog “Mesa Marcada”: The 10 Prefered Restaurants in 2014
– Restaurant Ocean TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence (2014, 2015)
Number of employees
350 in low season until 500 in high season