Villa Kennedy Frankfurt, a Rocco Forte Hotel Germany
Villa Kennedy Frankfurt, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Kennedy allee 70, 60569
Frankfurt am Main,
Rocco Forte Hotels
Date of Creation
Constructed in 1901
Hotel General Manager
Georg Plesser, a German national, was appointed as GM of Villa Kennedy in the means of the hotel’s opening on 1st March 2006.
Before joining Rocco Forte Hotels, he was GM of Ermitage Am See in Zurich, Switzerland, a boutique five-star property with a Michelin starred restaurant. Plesser began his career in Munich, after graduating from Cornell University in Ithaca. With a passion for travelling, Georg Plesser went on to gain valuable hotel experience at all levels in well-known international five-star establishments such as the Waldorf Astoria in New York, the Ritz Carlton Group in Barcelona, Florida and California, Hotel Kempinski Lufthansa Beijing and Geisel Hotels in Munich.
Villa Kennedy Frankfurt, a Rocco Forte Hotel
History & Story
The Villa Kennedy with its 163-bedrooms was the first of the three Rocco Forte Hotels in Germany. Villa Kennedy was converted from the historic and imposing family home „Villa Speyer“ built in 1901 and is located in the heart of Frankfurt. Reflecting the style of the mansion, three new wings were added in 2006, furthermore a tranquil inner garden courtyard, the perfect spot for events, lunches, dinners and of course relaxing. Guests and locals alike enjoy the buzzy JFK Bar as well as the Italian cuisine of the restaurant „Gusto“. Excellent meeting facilities holding up to 270 people and the four-level Villa Spa with 8 treatment rooms, a state of the art swimming-pool and of course a fully-equipped gym.
Italian Restaurant Gusto was revolutionized by the Italian Michelin starred Chef Fulvio Pierangelini (2014)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Just off the Main River, within an easy walking distance from the business and cultural districts, the peaceful Villa Kennedy is a luxurious retreat: An inner city escape with an illustrious past.
- Quiet neighbourhood
- Close to Frankfurt’s Art District (Museumsufer)
- 10 min drive from Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)
Key sites/activities in the area
- The SCHIRN KUNSTHALLE FRANKFURT is one of most important exhibition venues in Europe
- Old Opera Frankfurt and Frankfurt Main Tower (187m)
- Various Museums (Senckenberg Museum, Städel Museum, Angewandte Kunst Museum)
- Goethe House (Johann Wolfgang Goethe was born here)
- Frankfurt’s old town
- Taunus and Rheingau
- Close to Rheingau, also called the German Riviera
The hotel’s name Villa Kennedy is composed of the historic Villa Speyer part as well as the dedication to John F. Kennedy’s visit to Frankfurt in 1963. On 25th June 1963, the day before his famous Berlin speech “Ich bin ein Berliner”, JFK visited Frankfurt. On that day, Kennedy drove through Frankfurt in an open car, waving to some 60,000 spectators and stopping to shake hands. The main street he drove along on the way to the airport was the one along the side of the hotel. After his death, the city renamed the street Kennedy Allee in his memory.
Special Children guest experience (Rocco Forte Children Passport, a dedicated teddy bear/plush toy for each hotel, lovely children welcome amenities).
• Number of suites:
• 10 Junior Suites (45-55m²): View: Villa Garden
• 14 Classic Suites (57m²), View: Villa Garden or quiet neighbourhood
• 4 Executive Suites (80m²), View: Villa Garden
• 4 Deluxe Suites (90m²), View: Villa Garden or quiet neighbourhood
• 2 Family Suites (115m²), View: quiet neighbourhood
• 1 Ambassador Suite incl. private terrace (90m²), View: Villa Garden
• 1 Presidential Speyer Suite (326m²), View: Over the roofs of Frankfurt & Frankfurt’s Skyline
Suite Facilities: In Room Check-in, Breakfast in-room or in the restaurant, daily newspaper, complimentary mineral water, DVD player & movies on demand, multimedia iPod/iPhone docking station.
Special amenity Speyer Suite: unpacking/packing and butler service.
• Number of rooms:
• 86 Deluxe Rooms (35m²), View: Frankfurt City
• 13 Deluxe Studio (38m²), View: Frankfurt City
• 21 Deluxe Garden View (35m²), View: Villa Garden
• 7 Deluxe Garden View with terrace (35m²), View: Villa Garden
Room facilities: Television with interactive entertainment, complimentary Wi-FI access for up to 3 devices, media hub, in-room bar, Rocco Forte Nourish healthy in-room bar (upon request)
• Number of rooms in total: 163
Restaurants & Bars
• Gusto Restaurant with Villa Garden outdoor area: Gusto serves authentic Italian food with an international influence. The dishes, sophisticated in their simplicity, pair the freshest local ingredients with authentic Italian recipes. Executive Chef Antonino de Marco’s ambition: Authentic Italian delights in exquisite ambiance.
• JFK Bar with Villa Garden outdoor area: The award-winning JFK Bar is located next to Gusto in the heart of Villa Kennedy and also overlooks the idyllic Villa Garden.
Enjoy over 120 originally named and expertly mixed cocktails, premium cognacs, malt whiskies and fine wines with a selection of classic bites. Live music and DJs add to the flavour.
The 1.000sqm Villa Spa is located off the lobby next to the original Villa Speyer and spread over four levels.
• Outdoor courtyard garden
• 8 treatment rooms
• Beauty salon
• 15m indoor pool
• Finnish sauna
• Steam room
• Relaxation suite
• State-of-the-art gym with the latest Technogym equipment
• Fitness studio
• Personal Training upon request
• Villa Spa products: Forte Organics, Vinoble Cosmetics, Sepai, The Organic Pharmacy
Corporate & Celebration Events
Meeting & event space for groups of every size, including the 326sqm Konrad Adenauer ballroom, with its own outside entrance and lobby area, which can accommodate up to 320 people and be split into two rooms. All rooms have natural daylight and the latest technology. Ideal for Executive Meetings, incentives, roadshows, conferences, car & product launches.
• Konrad Adenauer Ballroom (can be divided into 2 equal parts)
• 5 Salons (30m² – 45m² each; Salon 1,2 & 3 connected 115m², Salon 1 & 2, 2 & 3, 4 & 5 70m²)
• Historical Salons: Salon Ludwig Erhard 65m², Salon Walter Kolb 30m²
• Villa Garden 700m² (outdoor)
Extra notable features
• Villa Garden 700m²
Extra Notable Features
• Villa Garden 700m²
• Modern Spa & Fitness Area with full lap pool, personal fitness trainer, sight jogging
• Excellent accessibility to airport
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• 2017: SPA Diamond Award, Urban SPA Hotel 2017
• 2016, 2017 & 2018: Feinschmecker, best restaurants for every day
• 2017: Feinschmecker, best country kitchens within Germany
• 2015, 2017 & 2018: Guide Michelin hotel listing
Number of employees