Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis Marbella Resort Spain
Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis Marbella Resort
Urb. Villa Padierna Golf Resort, Ctra. de Cádiz,
km 166 29679 Marbella (Málaga)
Date of Creation
5-star Luxury Hotel
Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis Marbella Resort
History & Story
Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Benahavis Marbella Resort assumes a picturesque and quiet setting on the southern Spanish coast, between Marbella and Estepona and 5 five min. from the seaside. Surrounded by three golf courses, the Resort enjoys more than 1,200 works of classic art and 132 guestrooms, including eight villas with private pool and butler service. The Hotels encounters eight restaurants: a Mediterranean Beach Club, an haute cuisine of the two-star Michelin chef Paco Roncero; Japanese dishes of 99 Sushi Bar and the signature cocktails designed by Diego Cabrera at Eddy´s Bar. With more than 2,000 sqm of Roman baths, a hammam, an indoor pool, Anantara Spa is one of the largest spa retreats in Europe.
Designed by the renowned English architect Edward Gilbert, the hotel has been constantly updated since its opening in order to keep the impeccable look of the property.
Date added extensions
In 2019, the resort opened the new restaurant lead by the two-stars Michelin chef, Paco Roncero, and the 99Sushi Bar & Restaurant.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Anantara Villa Padierna is the first Anantara hotel in Spain and the second in Europe. It is the only resort in the area with its own three 18-hole golf courses and a spectacular Medical Wellness Spa, with 2000 m2, the biggest hotel SPA in Costa del Sol. In addition, it is one of the few hotels in the world that has Roman amphitheater and more than 1,200 original works of art.
Feast on Andalusian haute cuisine with an exquisite selection of 8 dining options, from the superb delicacies of a two-Michelin star restaurant Chef to avant-garde Japanese flavors or fresh seafood at the beach club.
The resort is in one of the most exclusive areas of the Costa del Sol, between Marbella, Benahavis and Estepona and near to the most important cities such as Malaga, Seville, Ronda, Granada. Connected to the international airport of Malaga and Gibraltar airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Puerto Banús – 10 minutes
Marbella Town center – 15 minutes
Ronda – 45 minutes
Malaga City Center – 50 minutes
Gibraltar – 60 minutes
Torcal de Antequera – 90 minutes
Sevilla – 120 minutes
Córdoba – 120 minutes
Granada –120 minutes
Kids Club for school holiday season with themed activities and workshops.
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
132 rooms, including 9 independent villas.
- Number of Luxury rooms:
Deluxe Room (48): From 35m2. Deluxe Rooms are surrounded by fairway greens, pool blues and the mountains in the distance. A classic palette and unique artworks set a soothing tone. Wake up to the aroma of coffee, spend sunny days curled up with a glass of wine, and fall asleep in the embrace of the softest of linens.
Deluxe Lake View (2): From 35m2. Only a few Deluxe Rooms boast an outlook of a tranquil lake. Find inspiration from nature or from the classic artworks that adorn your walls. The travertine bathroom exudes pure luxury, with vanity, rain shower and separate tub.
Deluxe Terrace (8): From 35m2. Enjoy the luxury of the great outdoors, with French windows opening from your room onto a classic private terrace, perfect for an alfresco coffee or starlit dinner. Inside, comfort and convenience reign, whether in a marble soaking tub or in the softest of king-sized beds.
Junior Suite (18): From 43m2. Junior Suites exude classic elegance, with plush furnishings, polished wood, chandeliers overhead and Persian carpets underfoot. A sunlit living room flows from the ensuite bedroom complete with marble bathroom. Spend tranquil days overlooking manicured gardens and the mountains beyond.
Lake View Junior Suite (14): From 43 m2 – The lake spreads in front of the resort-like a sea of tranquillity. Indoors, your room is classic and calming with Andalusian works of art and furnishings. Enjoy the luxury of an elegant lounge area as well as a spacious marble bathroom.
Terrace Junior Suite (1): From 43 m2 – Your private terrace overlooks manicured lawns, lush fairways and the palazzo-style swimming area. Enjoy fresh coffee and breakfast in the sun, then retreat into the cool of your elegant living area surrounded by plush furnishings and artwork.
Suite (15): From 55 m2 – The full Suite enjoys a king bedroom, ensuite bathroom and separate living room. Chaise longues and armchairs adorn each space, perfect for lazy days curled up with a glass of wine. Enjoy the most palatial of décor, from paneled walls and gold-leaf frames to antique lanterns.
Terrace Suite (8): From 75 m2 – The Terrace Suite boasts a spacious living room that opens onto your private terrace. Ensconced by iconic cypress trees, space is perfect for dining. Inside, enjoy luxurious décor from a marble bathroom to antique artworks. Fall asleep in the supreme comfort of an upholstered bed.
Executive Suite (1): 60 m2 – The one-of-a-kind Executive Suite boasts a private terrace with Jacuzzi. Dine al fresco then soak in warm waters surrounded by the soothing green of the golf course. Indoors, rare artworks and custom furnishings adorn the ensuite bedroom and separate living room.
Two-Bedroom Suite (1): 250 m2 – The Two Bedroom Suite is spacious, refined and one-of-a-kind. Two ensuite bedrooms open onto a central living room of gold and white hues. Dine together, with meals prepared in your fully equipped kitchenette. Gather around the fireplace and admire magnificent views.
Family Connecting Room: From 85 m2. – Family Connecting Rooms are ideal for families traveling together, with two ensuite rooms opening onto each other. Each room invites comfort and thoughtful amenities, while luxurious marble bathrooms feature a separate tub and rain shower.
One-Bedroom Villa (2): From 200 m2 – Pool villas are set back from the main resort, offering the luxury of privacy. Terracotta, marble and greenery set the tone. Wake up to surround views of the rolling countryside. Spend sunny days by your private pool enjoying cocktails delivered by your butler.
Two-Bedroom Villa (6): From 275 m2 – The Two Bedroom Villa is cool and sunlit, with marble floors underfoot and French doors that open onto your private patio. Take your meals outdoors, prepared in the kitchenette and served by your gracious butler. Spend sunny days poolside, then retire to spacious ensuite bedrooms complete with Andalusian artwork.
Villa Obama (1): 495 m2 – Once host to First Lady Michelle Obama, our most palatial villa spreads across three stories of pure luxury. Two ensuite bedrooms each occupy a floor, ensuring privacy for guests. Breakfast on the magnificent rooftop terrace with views of the Mediterranean. Lounge by the pool with your every needs attending to by the butler.
All room categories including suites and villas have very spacious, marble bathrooms with two sinks, separate bathtub and shower stall and separate WC and bidet.
Restaurants & Bars
- La Loggia: Enjoy Mediterranean cuisine with an authentic Italian influence. Relish a cozy spot indoors as you discover the rich delights of La Loggia’s tasting menu or take a table on the terrace for panoramic views of the lake extending as far as the Rock of Gibraltar.
- 99 Sushi Bar & Restaurant: From Madrid via Dubai, 99 Sushi brings rich and complex – yet authentic – Japanese flavors to a serene lake setting. Dine on sashimi flown in fresh and marbled Wagyu. Enjoy a tasting menu for two or private banquet for ten.
- Club de Mar: Savour caviar and lobster with sparkling coastal views. Sample a signature paella dish with a glass of local cava. Bask on warm summer days in a sun lounger while enjoying breathtaking views over Gibraltar. Or enjoy a romantic three-course dinner complete with chilled Champagne as the Mediterranean breeze rustles palm trees overhead.
- Eddy’s Bar: Relax in an opulent lounge setting with an aperitif to round oﬀ your day, or sip on a creative cocktail from Diego Cabrera, the recognized mixologist behind Salmon Guru (one of the best 50 bars in the world). Enjoy an afternoon snack with a delectable array of light gourmet bites to tide you over to dinner.
- La Pérgola: Sate your hunger for a light snack in a delightful garden setting overlooking the pool. Choose from a rich array of Mediterranean and local flavors, including fresh salads, wraps and burgers.
- Hole 55: Traditional breakfasts, healthy salads, baguettes, homemade desserts and Andalusian picoteo appetizers. Hole 55 is a unique spot dedicated to golfers, oﬀering an irresistible taste of the locale, matched with a glass of your preferred drop from an extensive list of local wines.
Corporate & Celebration Events
State-of-the-art conference center with a capacity for up to 700 guests. A perfect setting for any type of event, from corporate meetings to elegant gala evenings. Own amphitheater for up to 400 guests, an ideal venue for product presentations, weddings, concerts etc. Numerous terraces for outdoor entertaining.
Extra Notable Features
- This glamorous resort has much to offer – a mild climate all year round, world-class golf, sandy beaches and beautiful traditional villages perched on breathtaking mountains and cliffs.
- A “museum hotel” decorated with more than 1200 pieces of all sorts of art collected from different countries and cultures.
- A magical 132 guest rooms palace with large balconies, suites and pool villas uniquely designed for guests seeking added privacy, with dedicated butler service, generous terraces, and a private pool.
- Anantara Villa Padierna offers a gastronomical abundance, an amazing diversity of culinary traditions versed on a cooking course Spice Spoons, tapas routes, and olive & wine tastings.
- A unique golf holiday destination. Facing the sea and in the middle of dramatic valleys and rolling green hills, the resort offers 3 award-winning golf courses and the reputed Michael Campbel Academy.
- An exceptional sportive hub home to several tennis courts, paddle tennis courts, and a croquet lawn.
- A reassuring Kids’ Club offers family-friendly services to entertain youngsters and give parents a stress-free stay.
- Unwind at the Anantara Marbella Spa with 10 specialized treatment rooms, and a circuit composed by Hammam, aromatherapy steam rooms and relaxation areas.
- The resort is the ideal space for wonderful indoor and outdoor celebrations. Surrounded by refined work of art and sumptuous architecture, it is the ideal scenario for spectacular al fresco events and dream weddings.
- Enjoy the contrasts: Marbella has become the epicenter of luxury tourism with sumptuous shops and the Puerto Banus with its exclusive yachts or “Arab Spain” influenced by the proximity to Africa, has a mixture of cultures in Casares, Ronda or Granada.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Winner by the World Luxury Spa Awards
Number of employees