Waldorf Astoria BerlinGermany
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
10623 Berlin, Germany
Date of Creation
Opened January 2013
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Gregor Andréewitch, since October 2013
Towering over Berlin’s vibrant City West, the Waldorf Astoria Berlin is a sophisticated luxury hotel combining a modern interpretation of Art deco with contemporary elegance. With stunning panoramic views over the bustling metropolis, the Waldorf Astoria Berlin is home to Michelin-starred restaurant “Les Solistes” by Pierre Gagnaire, the elegant Guerlain Spa, and luxuriously appointed rooms and suites.
The Waldorf Astoria Berin is a sophisticated luxury hotel combining modern interpretation of Art deco with contemporary elegance. With stunning panoramic views over the bustling metropolis, the Waldorf Astoria Berlin is home to the Michelin starred restaurant « Les Solistes by Pierre Gagnaire », the elegant Guerlain Spa, and luxuriously appointed rooms and suites.
WALDORF ASTORIA BERLIN
History & Story
The Waldorf Astoria is responsible for many innovations in the hospitality industry; it was the first major hotel to offer electricity throughout guest rooms, the first to introduce air-conditioning in all public spaces, the first to offer room service, and the first hotel to host a social charity ball.
These landmark events and attributes, together with the stellar list of guests and events over the decades, have contributed to the Waldorf Astoria’s unparalleled reputation as a source of brilliant innovations and excellence.
After a visit to the hotel, tycoon Conrad N. Hilton wrote a simple note on a clipping while in Texas, “The greatest of them all.” Overwhelmed with the first class service, the attentive employees, and the aura of the hotel, he fulfilled a long wished dream and bought the Waldorf Astoria in 1949. Since then the hotel is part of the Hilton Worldwide Group and is the inspiration for the Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts around the world as “the greatest of them all”.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Highest building in west Berlin with spectacular views
• Only intl. luxury hotel in City West
• Exceptionally strong brand with WA legacy
• Event terrace on 6th floor
• Unique F&B concepts: Les Solistes by Pierre Gagnaire, Romanisches Cafe, LangBar
• Germany’s first Guerlain Spa
• Personal Concierge
• Int. Distribution via Hilton Sales Worldwide
• Location close du Ku’damm and fair grounds
The Waldorf Astoria Berlin is located in the vicinity of the Kurfürstendamm, one of the most popular and recognized hubs in the metropolis.
Key sites/activities in the area
• The redesigned Zoo-Palast movie theatre
• Kurfürstendamm with renowned luxury brands (GUCCI, Chanel, KPM, Apple)
• Bikini Berlin arcade with startup labels
• KaDeWe representing numurous luxury labels
• Tiergarten and zoo for jogging tours and outdoor activities
• 232 rooms including 80 suites
• King Junior Deluxe Rooms: 23
• King Junior Deluxe Rooms – accessible: 2
• Deluxe Rooms: 127
• Junior Suites: 50
• Corner Suites: 6
• Tower Suites: 18
• Grand Tower Suites: 3
• Ambassador Suites: 2
• Presidential Suites: 1
Features: marble bathroom, separate shower and toilet, TV integrated in the bathroom mirror, panorama windows, 40 inch flat screen TV, in-room entertainment system by Apple, private bar, Nespresso coffee machine, Waldorf Astoria Signature bed and panoramic views over the city of Berlin.
Restaurants & Bars
• Romanisches Café
The Romanisches Café offers all-day breakfast, a unique coffee blend and luxurious tee blends as well as an attractive daily menu with locally inspired delicacies and homemade pastry from our inhouse patisserie.
• Lang Bar
The classic American bar provides a great opportunity to celebrate the successful end of the day. The well-experienced bar team presents a wide selection of exquisite cocktails, beers and spirits as well as a small snack menu. From Wednesday until Saturday various artists underline the classical ambience with professional jazz-inspired live-music.
• Guerlain Spa Waldorf Astoria Berlin, first Guerlain Spa in Germany
• Great selection of Guerlain beauty retail products
• Unique signature treatments and massages
• Spa terrace
• Sauna, steamroom, jacuzzi
• Gym and fitness
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Luxury Spa Award 2014
• Feinschmecker - Les Solistes by Pierre Gagnaire as one of the best restaurants in Germany.
• Michelin certification – Les Solistes by Pierre Gagnaire
• Certificate for Excellence – Trip Advisor Award 2014
• Most Popular in Berlin Award 2014
• World Travel Awards Winner
• Top Rated Hotel
Number of employees
231 (incl. apprentices) / 193 (excl. apprentices)