Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Italy
Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Via Alberto Cadlolo 101
00136 Rome, Italy
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Alessandro Maurizio Cabella has 20-year of a glittering career in France, Monaco, Portugal and Italy, including the stunning Hilton Molino Stucky Venice. Alessandro Cabella previously managed the launch of Conrad Algarve in 2012, another stunning luxury hotel which has garnered multiple awards.
5 star Luxury
ROME CAVALIERI, A WALDORF ASTORIA RESORT
History & Story
Inaugurated in 1963 by Conrad N.Hilton himself, the opening of the Rome Cavalieri coincided with a period of unprecedented economic development and the heyday of the so-called “Dolce Vita”.
At that time Rome was also the setting for “Hollywood on the Tiber” due to its allure for American film studios and movie stars from across the world. In such a dynamic atmosphere of optimism and growth, the « Cavalieri Hilton », as the hotel was then known, was a key element of the Eternal City’s attention towards all modern things. The Rome Cavalieri is an oasis in the heart of the city;
the building is an admirable example of modular architecture, resulting in a style which is both clean-lined and functional. Ever since its opening, the hotel paid close attention to providing the highest level of comfort to its guests, and it is for this reason that it soon became the number one choice of movie stars, businessmen and international visitors alike, all demanding the highest standards of luxury.
- Guestrooms 2014
- Fitness area 2016
- Petronius and Corner Suites 2016
- Imperial Club 2017
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• 15-acre private Mediterranean park overlooking Rome and the Vatican 345 guestrooms/25 luxurious Suites, all with private balcony or terrace,
• Exclusive Imperial La Pergola, Rome’s only 3 star Michelin rooftop restaurant,
• The world’s most prestigious art collection housed within a hotel worldwide,
• Award-winning Cavalieri Grand Spa Club with 1 indoor/3 outdoor heated swimming pools including a children’s pool.
Located in the residential area of Monte Mario, Rome’s highest hill, the Rome Cavalieri is just 3 km from the Vatican and 5 km from the historic city centre, reachable with the hotel’s private shuttle bus service. It is nestled in a 15-acre private Mediterranean park, overlooking the Eternal City.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Vatican City: 4.2 km, 9 min
• Spanish Steps: 5.8 km, 14 min
• Via Condotti (shopping district): 4.5 km, 11 min
• Colosseum: 7.7 km, 18 min
• Trevi Fountain: 5.2 km, 13 min
• Pantheon: 6.2 km, 14 min
• Ponte Milvio (nightlife): 4.7 km, 10 min
• Villa Borghese (vast park in the city centre): 7 km, 14 min
Take a spin in the car of your dreams with the Rome Cavalieri.
The most beautiful models in the world are now available at the Rome Cavalieri for those hankering after the fast lane. Name your dream design and the car will roll up the drive, ready for you to take it on a spin around town and country. Take your Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren around the winding roads that made the “Gran Turismo” famous or for a spy caliber driving experience, choose an Aston Martin. For initiates to super cars the Waldorf Astoria Driving Experience includes a comprehensive briefing on the F1 paddle-gear shift, a tour director and full mechanical support.
Arts and crafts sessions, mini-gladiator lesson, treasure hunt in Villa Borghese, ‘Baby Fashionistas’ shopping tour, entertainment at the Sunday Brunch throughout the year. Dedicated activities in the IT club during Summer include art, sports, cooking and more, while mixing fun with quality learning.
Rome Cavalieri’s young guests are also invited to enjoy an optional breakfast at the IT Club, if parents fancy some peace.
• 345 spacious, 42sq.mt./452 sq.ft. deluxe rooms, with 8sq.mt./86sq.ft. private balcony.
Each one is designed with sleeping and living areas, and comes with a range of stylish features like baths in Roman travertine marble and flat screen televisions, as well as a spacious balcony for an « al fresco » breakfast or evening aperitifs.
The rooms on the two Imperial Floors have been designed for travellers who demand the very best. They offer a range of extras including separate check-in and VIP elevator, king-size « floating featherbeds », enhanced luxury toiletries and upgraded entertainment facilities. They also benefit from the use of our exclusive Imperial Club (complimentary drinks and meals during the day) as well as complimentary access to the Grand Spa.
• 25 luxurious suites, offering the ultimate in luxury accommodation and ranging from 80-450sq.mt./860-4,845sq.ft. in size, individually decorated and styled to showcase valuable antique furniture and paintings. Furnished either in classical style or contemporary style, they all provide unparalleled experiences enhanced by the highest levels of service.
• Penthouse and Planetarium Suites offer private 200 sq.mt./2,150 sq.ft. terraces with hot tubs and breathtaking views of the Eternal City and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Restaurants & Bars
La Pergola Restaurant & Bar
Under the direction of celebrity chef Heinz Beck, Rome Cavalieri is the only hotel in Italy to boast a Michelin-rated three star restaurant. The stylish roof terrace offers panoramic views across the city.
Directed by Chef Franco Verucci, it overlooks the landscaped park and outdoor pool and serves a full menu of Mediterranean and international dishes.
Tiepolo Lounge & Terrace
Surrounded by famous artwork, including Tiepolo’s masterpieces, the Tiepolo Lounge is the perfect rendez-vous for morning coffee, light lunches, snacks, drinks. Live entertainment every evening.
Located on the pool terrace, the Pool Bar is open throughout the summer season, offering a selection of refreshments and drinks, including home-made ice-cream.
Grand Spa Café
Offers a selection of healthy drinks and light meals, including freshly squeezed juices, herbal teas, fitness drinks and fresh fruit.
A seasonal ‘’al fresco’’ grill serving hot and cold dishes, as well as screening live sporting events on large plasma televisions.
• The award-winning Cavalieri Grand Spa Club is Italy’s most luxurious spa and fitness facility, encompassing over 2,500sq.mt./26,900sq.ft. of pampering, relaxation and wellness space.
• Ten individual and themed treatment rooms offering a wide range of spa services, from La Prairie facials to Ayurvedic massages, as well as two saunas, whirlpool and an amethyst Turkish bath.
• State-of-the-art fitness centre with Technogym® equipment and full programme of classes.
• Three outdoor swimming pools, including children’s pool, as well as a glass-domed indoor pool, featuring cascading waterfall, hydro-massage pool, Japanese stone walk and an impressive wood-burning fireplace.
• Two floodlit Davis Cup red clay tennis courts.
• 800mt in length fitness trail within the hotel’s spacious grounds
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The largest and most modern congress centre facility of any European 5-star deluxe hotel.
• Flexible venue offering more than 8,700sq.mt./93,650sq.ft. of meeting and conference space,
• 25 meeting rooms and breakout areas equipped with state-of-the-art technology and serviced by dedicated event managers,
• Separate congress centre entrance with direct access to the Salone dei Cavalieri,
• Restyled column-free Salone Dei Cavalieri, multifunctional ballroom “Where Art Meets Technology”, boasting a capacity for 2,100 guests in theater style,
• Stunning outdoor venues and elegant rooms ideal for private receptions,
• Exquisite catering options.
Extra Notable Features
• Spectacular themed events – Toga party, Rugantino party, Regional Italian Festival
• Private tours of e.g. Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Vatican Gardens, of historical palaces; luxury tours with private art historian of historical sites in Rome (Via Giulia, Trastevere) as well as visit to a leading Italian jewellery workshop.
• Gladiator Lesson
• Super-Car experience
• Treasure hunt around Rome on board a Golf Cart, Fiat 500 car, and Vespa
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Rome Cavalieri Awards
2017: Gold – Hospitality Overall Luxury Hotel/Resort (Magellan Travel Awards)
2017: World’s Best Fitness Spa & Italy’s Best Resort Spa (Haute Grandeur Global Spa Awards)
2017 – 2016 – 2015: World’s, Europe’s and Italy’s Leading Luxury City Resort (World Travel Awards)
2016: Six Star Diamond Award (American Academy of Hospitality Sciences)
2012-2014: Italy’s Leading Business Hotel (World Travel Awards)
Since 2010: Certificate of Excellence (TripAdvisor )
La Pergola Restaurant Awards
3 stars since 2005 (Michelin Guide)
Number of employees