Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel Italy
Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Via Alberto Cadlolo 101
00136 Rome, Italy
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Alessandro Maurizio Cabella has 20-year of a glittering career in France, Monaco, Portugal and Italy, including the stunning Hilton Molino Stucky Venice. Alessandro Cabella previously managed the launch of Conrad Algarve in 2012, another stunning luxury hotel that has garnered multiple awards.
ROME CAVALIERI, A WALDORF ASTORIA HOTEL
History & Story
Inaugurated in 1963 by Conrad N.Hilton himself, the opening of the Rome Cavalieri coincided with a period of unprecedented economic development and the heyday of the so-called “Dolce Vita”.
At that time Rome was also the setting for “Hollywood on the Tiber” due to its allure for American film studios and movie stars from across the world. In such a dynamic atmosphere of optimism and growth, the “Cavalieri Hilton”, as the hotel was then known, was a key element of the Eternal City’s attention towards all modern things. The Rome Cavalieri is an oasis in the heart of the city;
the building is an admirable example of modular architecture, resulting in a style that is both clean-lined and functional. Ever since its opening, the hotel paid close attention to providing the highest level of comfort to its guests, and it is for this reason that it soon became the number one choice of movie stars, businessmen and international visitors alike, all demanding the highest standards of luxury.
- Guestrooms 2014
- Fitness area 2016
- Petronius and Corner Suites 2016
- Imperial Club 2017
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A 15-acre private Mediterranean park overlooking Rome and the Vatican 345 guestrooms/25 luxurious Suites, all with private balcony or terrace,
• Exclusive Imperial La Pergola, Rome’s only 3 star Michelin rooftop restaurant,
• The world’s most prestigious art collection housed within a hotel worldwide,
• Award-winning Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools) with 1 indoor/3 outdoor heated swimming pools including a children’s pool.
Located in the residential area of Monte Mario, Rome’s highest hill, the Rome Cavalieri is just 3 km from the Vatican and 5 km from the historic city center, reachable with the hotel’s private shuttle bus service. It is nestled in a 15-acre private Mediterranean park, overlooking the Eternal City.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Vatican City: 4.2 km, 9 min
• Spanish Steps: 5.8 km, 14 min
• Via Condotti (shopping district): 4.5 km, 11 min
• Colosseum: 7.7 km, 18 min
• Trevi Fountain: 5.2 km, 13 min
• Pantheon: 6.2 km, 14 min
• Ponte Milvio (nightlife): 4.7 km, 10 min
• Villa Borghese (vast park in the city center): 7 km, 14 min
Take a spin in the car of your dreams with the Rome Cavalieri.
The most beautiful models in the world are now available at the Rome Cavalieri for those hankering after the fast lane. Name your dream design and the car will roll up the drive, ready for you to take it on a spin around town and country. Take your Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren around the winding roads that made the “Gran Turismo” famous or for a spy caliber driving experience, choose an Aston Martin. For initiates, to supercars the Waldorf Astoria Driving Experience includes a comprehensive briefing on the F1 paddle-gear shift, a tour director and full mechanical support.
Arts and crafts sessions, mini-gladiator lesson, treasure hunt in Villa Borghese, ‘Baby Fashionistas’ shopping tour, entertainment at the Sunday Brunch throughout the year. Dedicated activities in the IT club during Summer include art, sports, cooking and more while mixing fun with quality learning.
Rome Cavalieri’s young guests are also invited to enjoy an optional breakfast at the IT Club if parents fancy some peace.
• 345 spacious, 42sq.mt./452 sq.ft. deluxe rooms, with 8sq.mt./86sq.ft. private balcony.
Each one is designed with sleeping and living areas and comes with a range of stylish features like baths in Roman travertine marble and flat-screen televisions, as well as a spacious balcony for an “al fresco” breakfast or evening aperitifs.
The rooms on the two Imperial Floors have been designed for travelers who demand the very best. They offer a range of extras including separate check-in and VIP elevator, king-size “floating featherbeds”, enhanced luxury toiletries and upgraded entertainment facilities. They also benefit from the use of our exclusive Imperial Club (complimentary drinks and meals during the day) as well as complimentary access to the Rome Cavalieri Club Cafè.
• 25 luxurious Suites, offering the ultimate in luxury accommodation and ranging from 80-450sq.mt./860-4,845sq.ft. in size, individually decorated and styled to showcase valuable antique furniture and paintings.
Furnished either in classical style or contemporary style, they all provide unparalleled experiences enhanced by the highest levels of service.
• Park Suite (3rd and 4th floors – 2 units)
Park and pool views from the 3rd or 4th floor, spacious one-bedroom suite,private balcony, bespoke artwork. Complimentary access to the Imperial Club and the Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness and Pools). Four elegant pillars make the entrance to the Park Suite at the Rome Cavalieri. The Park Suite boasts a comfortable and elegant king-size bed, a faux marble fireplace, original inspired arts, bespoke antiques, and also offers connecting rooms (upon request, charged separately). The Park Suite is further enhanced with lavish interiors, intricately designed wallpaper, oak and doussié parquet, LED spotlights and chromo-therapy wall-wash to name a few. Park Suites are ideal for families looking for a private yet sophisticated environment.
Maximum occupancy : 4 guests
• Vista Suite (5th, 6th and 8th floors – 3 units)
City views from 5th floor and up, spacious one-bedroom suite, private balcony, bespoke artwork.
Complimentary access to the Imperial Club and the Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools). Four elegant pillars mark the entrance to the Vista Suite at the Rome Cavalieri. The Vista Suite boasts a comfortable and elegant king-size bed looking directly out to panoramic views of Rome from the private balcony. A faux marble fireplace, original inspired art and bespoke antiques enhance the luxurious atmosphere. All the Vista Suites offer two connecting rooms (upon request, charged separately) and the Vista Suite on the 8th floor is also connected to the Petronius Suite, lending itself to a spacious 500 sq.mt./5,380 sq.ft.
These suites are further enhanced with lavish interiors: intricately designed wallpaper, oak and doussié parquet, LED spotlights and chromo-therapy wall-wash, to name a few. Vista Suites are ideal for family stays, for couples as well as for groups looking for a private yet sophisticated environment. Maximum occupancy 4 guests.
• Superior Suite (3rd and 4th floors – 4 units)
Park and pool views from 3rd or 4th floor, double balcony, two-room suite, antique desk, original artwork. Complimentary access to the Imperial Club and the Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools). This elegant two-room Superior Suite, with a bedroom and separate living room, boasts luxurious furnishings, including a rare French antique desk, original artworks and beautiful blond wood throughout. Admire verdant views of the resort’s private park and outdoor pools from the double balcony. Relax in the seating area with a plush sofa and an armchair. The suite features a sleek bathroom with a separate bath, a shower and indulgent Salvatore Ferragamo bathroom amenities. Maximum occupancy 3 guests.
• Superior Suite (5th, 6th and 7th floors – 5 units)
City views from 5th floor and up, double balcony, two-room suite, antique desk, original artwork.
Complimentary access to the Imperial Club and the Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools). This elegant two-room Premium Suite, with a bedroom and separate living room, boasts luxurious furnishings, including a rare French antique desk, original artworks and beautiful blond wood throughout. Admire views of the resort’s private park, outdoor pools and city from the double balcony. Relax in the seating area with a plush sofa and an armchair. The suite features a sleek bathroom with a separate bath, a shower and indulgent Salvatore Ferragamo bathroom amenities. Maximum occupancy 3 guests.
• Penthouse and Planetarium Suites offer private 200 sq.mt./2,150 sq.ft. terraces with hot tubs and breathtaking views of the Eternal City and St. Peter’s Basilica
• Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools)
Restaurants & Bars
La Pergola Restaurant & Bar
Under the direction of celebrity chef Heinz Beck, Rome Cavalieri is the only hotel in Italy to boast a Michelin-rated three-star restaurant. The stylish roof terrace offers panoramic views across the city.
Directed by Chef Fabio Boschero, it overlooks the landscaped park and outdoor pool and serves a full menu of Mediterranean and international dishes.
Tiepolo Lounge & Terrace
Surrounded by famous artwork, including Tiepolo’s masterpieces, the Tiepolo Lounge is the perfect rendezvous for morning coffee, light lunches, snacks, drinks. Live entertainment every evening.
Located on the pool terrace, the Pool Bar is open throughout the summer season, offering a selection of refreshments and drinks, including home-made ice-cream.
Rome Cavalieri Club Cafè
Offers a selection of healthy drinks and light meals, including freshly squeezed juices, herbal teas, fitness drinks, and fresh fruit.
• The award-winning Rome Cavalieri Club (Spa, Fitness & Pools) is Italy’s most luxurious spa and fitness facility, encompassing over 2,500sq.mt./26,900sq.ft. of pampering, relaxation, and wellness space.
• Ten individual and themed treatment rooms offering a wide range of spa services, from La Prairie facials to Ayurvedic massages, as well as two saunas, whirlpool, and an amethyst Turkish bath.
• A state-of-the-art fitness center with Technogym® equipment and a full program of classes.
• Three outdoor swimming pools, including children’s pool, as well as a glass-domed indoor pool, featuring cascading waterfall, hydro-massage pool, Japanese stone walk, and an impressive wood-burning fireplace.
• Two floodlit Davis Cup red clay tennis courts.
• 800mt in length fitness trail within the hotel’s spacious grounds
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The largest and most modern congress center facility of any European 5-star deluxe hotel.
• A flexible venue offering more than 8,700sq.mt./93,650sq.ft. of meeting and conference space,
• 25 meeting rooms and breakout areas equipped with state-of-the-art technology and serviced by dedicated event managers,
• Separate congress center entrance with direct access to the Salone dei Cavalieri,
• Restyled column-free Salone Dei Cavalieri, multifunctional ballroom “Where Art Meets Technology”, boasting a capacity for 2,100 guests in theatre style,
• Stunning outdoor venues and elegant rooms ideal for private receptions,
• Exquisite catering options.
Extra Notable Features
• Spectacular themed events – Toga party, Rugantino party, Regional Italian Festival
• Private tours of e.g. Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Gardens, of historical palaces; luxury tours with private art historian of historical sites in Rome (Via Giulia, Trastevere) as well as a visit to a leading Italian jewelry workshop.
• Luxury and Bespoke Experiences available, from a private tour in a stylish Italian classic car to an artisanal laboratory workshop to create your own sandals
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Rome Cavalieri Awards
2019 Green Key Certification (World Tourism Organization)
2019 Leading Luxury Spa Experience – Italy (Lux Life Magazine)
2018 – Best Luxury Hotel Spa in Italy (World Luxury Spa Awards)
2018 – 2017 – 2016 World’s, Europe’s and Italy’s Leading Luxury City Resort (World Travel Awards)
2017 Gold – Hospitality Overall Luxury Hotel/Resort (Magellan Travel Awards)
2017 World’s Best Fitness Spa & Italy’s Best Resort Spa (Haute Grandeur Global Spa Awards)
2016 Six Star Diamond Award (American Academy of Hospitality Sciences)
Since 2010 Certificate of Excellence (TripAdvisor )
La Pergola Restaurant Awards
- 3 stars since 2005 (Michelin Guide)
Number of employees