Acqualina Resort & Spa
Acqualina Resort & Spa
17875 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida 33160
Deborah Yager Fleming, CEO of Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach since its opening in May 2006, has established it as an ultra-luxury boutique hotel catering to the world’s most discerning guests by providing impeccable service, lavish accommodations and a friendly, engaging staff.
ACQUALINA RESORT & SPA
History & Story
“Acqualina Resort & Spa is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residences with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, world-class dining including Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious meeting rooms and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation. A family owned and operated property, Acqualina is a recipient of the coveted 2017 Forbes Travel Guide Awards for both the hotel and spa and the 2017 AAA Five Diamond Award.”
Main strengths, special touch
“Reminiscent of a Mediterranean villa with its leisure-focused lifestyle and grand design, Acqualina Resort is Florida’s only hotel of its kind built completely open to the sea, free of barriers between the 51-story tower, featuring 98-luxury rooms and 188 lavish residences, and its 400 feet of glistening Atlantic shoreline. Acqualina’s spacious accommodations, which include standard rooms beginning at nearly 750-square-feet up to three bedroom suites spanning more than 2,300-square-feet, are dressed in cool, calming tones cued by the resort’s oceanfront location. Guests may also indulge in the award-winning Acqualina Spa by ESPA. The first branded ESPA in the United States, Acqualina Spa by ESPA embraces the ESPA philosophy with an offering of meditative and restorative treatments based on Ayurvedic principles. A skilled staff creates tailored treatments to completely customize each guest’s experience, helping achieve total rejuvenation. The spa’s his-and-hers relaxation lounges, ice fountains, Roman waterfall, experience showers that feature cool artic or warm Caribbean mists, Finnish saunas, crystal steam rooms, as well as a heated jet pool, and one of the resort’s four ocean view swimming pools, create a fully immersive experience. Our Award-Winning Children’s Program, AcquaMarine, is designed and inspired with our ocean and all the sea life within. Children who sign-up for Aquamarine program will become campers and have fun with learning and discovering a new appreciation, love and respect for the sea through educational hands-on activities. The program is complimentary to our hotel guests and offers supervised activities for children ages 5-12. Acqualina takes great pride in providing guests with the ultimate five-star, five-diamond flawless service and an overall superior guest experience.”
Acqualina is located on 4.5 beachfront acres with 400 feet of stunning Atlantic Ocean coastline in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. Situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, the resort is just minutes from the world-famous Bal Harbour Shops and Aventura Mall. The vibrant daytime activities and nightlife of Miami Beach, South Beach, Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale are a short drive away. Link to interactive map with attractions and distances.
Offering an array of activities for children and young adults ages 5-12, AcquaMarine focuses on all things pertaining to the ocean, combining education, exercise and fun to keep kids learning and laughing all day long. In addition to AcquaMarine’s designated programs, kids will also enjoy the state-of-the-art, 500-square-foot children’s room, complete with a computer center, video games, toys, microscopes and movies. Here, kids will be invited to participate in arts and crafts, outdoor games, scrap-booking and other seasonally planned activities. The Acquamarine program is complimentary to our hotel guests
Acqualina’s Teen Scene brings together kids ages 12-16 and specializes in themed events such as beach volleyball, dance and hip hop classes, art classes, speed and agility training and more. It’s the perfect place for teenagers to bond with other like-minded teens staying at the resort.
• 24 Intracoastal Rooms, face west looking out to Collins Avenue. They feature a king-size bed, a sitting area, a private terrace, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower (600 sq. ft. enclosed area; 740 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 22 Deluxe Intracoastal Rooms offer Intracoastal Waterway vistas, king-size bed, sitting area, private terrace, bath tub and glass-enclosed shower. Some rooms feature dividing French doors between the sitting area from the bedroom (600-740 sq. ft. enclosed area; 740-855 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 8 Ocean Front boast an oceanfront view, king-size bed, foyer area, sitting area, writing desk, private terrace, a custom vanity area, bath tub and glass-enclosed shower (615 sq. ft. enclosed area; 725 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 4 Classic Suites are one-bedroom oceanfront Classic Hotel Suites featuring a king-size bed, separate living room, two flat-screen TVs, private dining terrace and 185-sq.-ft. bathroom, custom vanity area, bath tub and glass-enclosed couples’ shower (1010 sq. ft. enclosed; 1180 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 24 One-bedroom Ocean front Suites feature an oceanfront view, bedroom with king-size bed, separate living room, sitting area, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, etc.), breakfast room and one-and-a-half bathrooms. The 220-sq.-ft. main bathroom is outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower. Some rooms feature a convertible den with writing desk and twin-size bed. (1430 sq. ft. enclosed area; 1660 sq. ft. with terrace)
• 14 Deluxe One Bedroom Ocean Front Suites offer king-size beds in the master bedroom, premium oceanfront views, separate living room, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher), breakfast room and one full bathroom outfitted with custom vanity area, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower. (1430 sq. ft. enclosed area; 1660 sq. ft. with terrace)
• 2 Deluxe Three Bedroom Ocean Front Suites, 2,375 sq. ft, featuring private terraces with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, are each equipped with a large living room, two sitting spaces, a media area with a large screen TV, gaming consoles, embedded DVD and Blu-Ray player, a wine bar station, a full gourmet kitchen (with all the high-end implements) and fully stocked mini bar. The dining area seats six persons with bay window and floor to ceiling views of the ocean. The oceanfront master bedroom and bathrooms are outfitted with the best luxury features and latest technology.
• 24 Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites offer a master bedroom and second bedroom both with king-size beds, separate living room, custom curved sofa sleeper, taupe lacquer credenza with integrated media connectivity, smoked glass and bronze metal coffee tables , dresser and desk with bronze glass inlay, desk, desk chair, high-definition TV’s, entertainment unit, private bar, sitting area, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, designer granite countertops with full back splash, Italian limited-edition cabinets, microwave, dishwasher, stainless-steel sink and garbage disposal), breakfast room, powder room and two full bathrooms outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, bathtub and glass-enclosed shower. The master bedroom offers oceanfront views and the second bedroom offers Intracoastal views. Also features a convertible den with writing desk and twin-size bed. (2035 sq. ft. enclosed area; 2379 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 14 Deluxe Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites offer king-size beds in both the master and second bedroom, premium oceanfront views, twin-size day bed, separate living room, custom curved sofa sleeper, taupe lacquer credenza with integrated media connectivity, signature style wingback club chair, smoked glass and bronze metal coffee tables, dresser and desk with bronze glass inlay, desk, desk chair, ottoman, day bed with twin mattress, high-definition TV’s, entertainment unit, private bar, sitting area, private balcony, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, designer granite countertops with full back splash, Italian limited-edition cabinets, microwave, dishwasher, stainless-steel sink and garbage disposal), breakfast room, and two full bathrooms outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, bathtub and glass-enclosed shower. The master bedroom offers oceanfront views and the second bedroom offers Intracoastal views. (2035 sq. ft. enclosed area; 2379 sq. ft. with terrace)
The new rooms and suites are dressed in cool, calming tones featuring a selection of traditional furnishings in a deep ebony color, finished in a rich, high gloss lacquer with inflections of bronze jewel tones. Satin draping will frame windows and sliding glass doors that give way to oversized balconies with views of the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Glamorous detailing includes channel tufted walnut wrap around headboards, curvaceous pillow back sleeper sofa, a Chinchilla blanket, and signature wingback chairs fit for a prince or princess.
Enclosed Area : 5,735sqf / 533sqm
Terrace : 1,990sqf / 185sqm
Total Area : 7,725sqf / 718sqm
The Penthouse located high atop the 46th floor features panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Miami skyline, private foyer access, an opulent entrance with silver leaf ceiling and double glass doors leading to the open living area and an expansive oceanfront terrace with daybed, sofa and lounge chairs.
The living room is spacious with incredible views of the ocean and is adorned in neutrals, dark grays and splashes of color from exquisite accent pieces and features a working fireplace and 56-inch HD LCD TV framed in walls of white stone. Isis white floors are outfitted with oversized 36 X 36-inch marble tiles. The sitting area has a large sectional sofa with multi fabric accented with velvet pillows, two oversized love seats, two stainless steel and lacquer console tables and a glass coffee table.
The five bedroom options including a master suite with king-size bed, large bedroom with two double beds and den area with twin bed, a bedroom with queen bed, a media room with pull out sleeper sofa and a cabana guest house with king bed. Each bedroom option has its own private bathroom.
The serene outdoor environment features a heated saltwater swimming pool with a captivating waterfall, living green wall, stylish cushioned lounge furniture, dining area for 8 guests, a TV and a summer kitchen.
In addition, the suite has a spacious custom German designed kitchen featuring Cesar stone gray countertops with full back splash, Miele appliances, custom-designed cabinetry, gas range, refrigerator/freezer, two dishwashers and a microwave. An exotic floating marble island has been designed for easy entertaining. The kitchen area also features a built in glass breakfast table for up to 8 guests with a TV mounted on the wall. The kitchen is accented in white, gray and coral colors.
Restaurants & Bars
• AQ by Acqualina
AQ by Acqualina offers Mediterranean cuisine rich with Italian influences. The menu by Il Mulino New York is the perfect balance of casual and chic that benefits the restaurant’s oceanfront resort setting, the soaring dining room – softly lit in the evening to welcome guests to drink, dine and linger. Comfortably ensconced on plush sofa seating in the dining room, at the welcoming bar, or on the breeze-kissed outdoor veranda, guests peruse AQ’s menu, featuring an assortment of appetizers including Salmon Carpaccio and Tuna Tartare, along with fresh salads, homemade pastas and entrees ranging from Grilled Shrimp Scampi to Chicken in Crosta (lightly sautéed with lemon and white wine in a parmigiana crust). The menu will rotate seasonally and a children’s (Bambini) menu will also be available. The combination of Il Mulino’s wait staff, candles flicker on beautifully appointed tables, and upbeat music guarantee a dynamic ambiance. Outside on the AQ Veranda, twinkling tree lights set a magical mood enhanced by the gorgeous night sky and sounds of the sea. There is no better way to dine with friends or loved ones than to enjoy delicious dishes crafted from the highest quality ingredients. A great dining experience should be more than just fabulous food, it should also be a wonderful shared journey.
• Il Mulino New York
An idyllic match for the elegant Mediterranean style oceanfront Acqualina Resort, acclaimed Italian restaurant Il Mulino New York is renowned for its bustling and energetic atmosphere, market fresh daily specials extensive selection of fine Italian wines and impeccably polished wait staff. Il Mulino New York at Acqualina Resort and Spa has been awarded the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Award for its exceptional dining experience. Il Mulino New York has been honored as the #1 Italian restaurant on the New York City Zagat Survey for an astonishing 20 years.
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
Join us every Sunday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm in AQ at Acqualina for a special brunch buffet by Il Mulino New York while enjoying live music. Adults $65 (unlimited Mimosas, Prosecco, Mojitos and Bloody Mary’s), children ages 13 and under $35 (tax and gratuity not included). To make a reservation, please call 305.466.9191.
• Costa Grill
The oceanfront Costa Grill is the perfect spot to enjoy a beachside lunch, a light snack or to relax and unwind with a cocktail as the sun sets. The beachfront Miami restaurant serves an array of gourmet cuisine including sandwiches, burgers, wraps and salads in a casual setting.
• Groundbreaking in design and cutting edge in spa expertise, the luxurious 20,000-square-foot two-story Acqualina Spa by ESPA overlooks the glistening Atlantic Ocean and provides guests and outside clients with a tranquil sanctuary. Acqualina Spa by ESPA combines the best of ancient and modern therapies with the latest and finest skin care advances. The ultimate treatment choice, ESPA Time, commences with a Welcome Foot Ritual where the client’s needs are established, resulting in tailored treatments and a completely customized experience. All treatments are enhanced by a full line of ESPA marine, aromatherapy and plant active products blended using the highest quality organically grown plants, known for their purity, potency and exceptional results in skincare. The spa features his and her locker rooms equipped with sauna, steam room, his and her relaxation lounges, and an outdoor spa veranda with outdoor spa pools.
Hotel and restaurants Awards
Recognitions for 2017
2017 TripAdvisor – Top Luxury Beachfront Hotel in the Continental US
2017 US News & World Report – #1 Best Hotel in Florida and #1 Best Hotel in Miami Beach
2017 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2017 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2017 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2017 Travel & Leisure – World’s Best Awards List
Recognitions for 2016
2016 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards – 95% rating, ranked amongst the top 20
hotels in Florida
2016 TripAdvisor – Top Luxury Beachfront Hotel in the Continental US
2016 Travel & Leisure – World’s Best Awards List
2016 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2016 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2016 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2016 Andrew Harper’s Readers’ Choice Awards – #1 Family Resort in the World, #1 Beach
Resort in Florida, #1 Spa Resort in Florida
Recognitions for 2015
2015 TripAdvisor – Top Luxury Beachfront Hotel in the Continental US
2015 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards – # 2 Top 25 Resorts in Florida (Atlantic &
2015 Andrew Harper’s Readers’ Choice Award – #1 Beach Resort, #1 Spa Resort and
2015 Travel Weekly Magellan Award – Hospitality Elements Category
2015 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2015 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2015 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2015 TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame
2015 US News & World Report Best Hotels in Miami Beach – #1 Hotel in Miami Beach
2015 Expedia – Best of +VIP Access
Recognitions for 2014
2014 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards – #3 Top 30 Resorts in Florida
2014 Travel Weekly Magellan Award – Spa Destination, Family Destination and Beaches
2014 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2014 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2014 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2014 TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence
Recognitions for 2013
2013 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2013 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2013 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2013 TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence
2013 Travel + Leisure World’s Best Hotels in the Continental U.S.
2013 Spafinder Wellness Readers’ Choice Awards – Winner in Best for Weddings and
Best Interior Design
Recognitions for 2012
2012 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2012 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United States
2012 Andrew Harper’s Readers’ Choice Award – Top 20 Beach and Family Resorts
2012 Leading Hotels of the World – Commitment to Quality Award in North America
2012 Hotel and Travel Index’s – Superior Deluxe Award
2012 SpaFinder Wellness Readers’ Choice Awards – Winner in Best Beach Spa, Best for
Accommodation, Best Interior Design and Best Spa for Men
2012 Fodor’s Choice Property Award
Recognitions for 2011
2011 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2011 Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award – Top 20 Beach and Family Resorts
2011 Spa of America’s Top 100 Spas of 2011– #1 in Florida, # 5 Beach Experience and
2011 U.S. News Best Luxury Hotels in the USA
2011 Fodor’s Gold Choice Award
Recognitions for 2010
2010 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2010 SpaFinder Readers’ Choice Awards – Winner in Accommodation and Interior Design –
ESPA and Top 10 Favorite Spa Product Brands Category
2010 Fodor’s Choice Gold Award – Best Hotels for Kids and Families – Acqualina Resort & Spa
on the Beach
2010 Silver Plume Award – Manager of the Year by Where Magazine
Number of employees