Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach
17875 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida 33160
Acqualina Resort & Residences is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach. A luxury seaside haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in Miami’s Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina is conveniently situated between Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Acqualina is committed to providing a great living experience in a gorgeous Mediterranean Villa lifestyle environment.
Acqualina invites you to step into a world of luxury with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining including Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, Acqualina Spa by ESPA, spacious meeting rooms, and an innovative marine biology-based AcquaMarine program.
· A family owned and operated property, Acqualina is a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award for both the hotel and spa, as well as the AAA Five Diamond Award.
Acqualina’s commitment, as it always has been, is to the well-being and safety of guests, team members, residents and the community at large. Enhanced health & safety protocols have been implemented in accordance with guidelines set by local government officials, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), and the resort will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to these procedures.
· See COVID-19 dedicated page on Acqualina.com to learn more
ACQUALINA RESORT & SPA
History & Story
“Acqualina Resort & Spa is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residences with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, world-class dining including Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious meeting rooms and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation. A family owned and operated property, Acqualina is a recipient of the coveted 2017 Forbes Travel Guide Awards for both the hotel and spa and the 2018 AAA Five Diamond Award.”
Main strengths, special touch
“Reminiscent of a Mediterranean villa with its leisure-focused lifestyle and grand design, Acqualina Resort is Florida’s only hotel of its kind built completely open to the sea, free of barriers between the 51-story tower, featuring 98-luxury rooms and 188 lavish residences, and its 400 feet of glistening Atlantic shoreline. Acqualina’s spacious accommodations, which include standard rooms beginning at nearly 750-square-feet up to three bedroom suites spanning more than 2,300-square-feet, are dressed in cool, calming tones cued by the resort’s oceanfront location. Guests may also indulge in the award-winning Acqualina Spa by ESPA. The first branded ESPA in the United States, Acqualina Spa by ESPA embraces the ESPA philosophy with an offering of meditative and restorative treatments based on Ayurvedic principles. A skilled staff creates tailored treatments to completely customize each guest’s experience, helping achieve total rejuvenation. The spa’s his-and-hers relaxation lounges, ice fountains, Roman waterfall, experience showers that feature cool artic or warm Caribbean mists, Finnish saunas, crystal steam rooms, as well as a heated jet pool, and one of the resort’s four ocean view swimming pools, create a fully immersive experience. Our Award-Winning Children’s Program, AcquaMarine, is designed and inspired with our ocean and all the sea life within. Children who sign-up for Aquamarine program will become campers and have fun with learning and discovering a new appreciation, love and respect for the sea through educational hands-on activities. The program is complimentary to our hotel guests and offers supervised activities for children ages 5-12. Acqualina takes great pride in providing guests with the ultimate five-star, five-diamond flawless service and an overall superior guest experience.”
Acqualina is located on 4.5 beachfront acres with 400 feet of stunning Atlantic Ocean coastline in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. Situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, the resort is just minutes from the world-famous Bal Harbour Shops and Aventura Mall. The vibrant daytime activities and nightlife of Miami Beach, South Beach, Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale are a short drive away. Link to interactive map with attractions and distances.
Offering an array of activities for children and young adults ages 5-12, AcquaMarine focuses on all things pertaining to the ocean, combining education, exercise and fun to keep kids learning and laughing all day long. In addition to AcquaMarine’s designated programs, kids will also enjoy the state-of-the-art, 500-square-foot children’s room, complete with a computer center, video games, toys, microscopes and movies. Here, kids will be invited to participate in arts and crafts, outdoor games, scrap-booking and other seasonally planned activities. The Acquamarine program is complimentary to our hotel guests
Acqualina’s Teen Scene brings together kids ages 12-16 and specializes in themed events such as beach volleyball, dance and hip hop classes, art classes, speed and agility training and more. It’s the perfect place for teenagers to bond with other like-minded teens staying at the resort.
• 24 Intracoastal Rooms, face west looking out to Collins Avenue. They feature a king-size bed, a sitting area, a private terrace, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower (600 sq. ft. enclosed area; 740 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 22 Deluxe Intracoastal Rooms offer Intracoastal Waterway vistas, king-size bed, sitting area, private terrace, bath tub and glass-enclosed shower. Some rooms feature dividing French doors between the sitting area from the bedroom (600-740 sq. ft. enclosed area; 740-855 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 8 Ocean Front boast an oceanfront view, king-size bed, foyer area, sitting area, writing desk, private terrace, a custom vanity area, bath tub and glass-enclosed shower (615 sq. ft. enclosed area; 725 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 4 Classic Suites are one-bedroom oceanfront Classic Hotel Suites featuring a king-size bed, separate living room, two flat-screen TVs, private dining terrace and 185-sq.-ft. bathroom, custom vanity area, bath tub and glass-enclosed couples’ shower (1010 sq. ft. enclosed; 1180 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 24 One-bedroom Ocean front Suites feature an oceanfront view, bedroom with king-size bed, separate living room, sitting area, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, etc.), breakfast room and one-and-a-half bathrooms. The 220-sq.-ft. main bathroom is outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower. Some rooms feature a convertible den with writing desk and twin-size bed. (1430 sq. ft. enclosed area; 1660 sq. ft. with terrace)
• 14 Deluxe One Bedroom Ocean Front Suites offer king-size beds in the master bedroom, premium oceanfront views, separate living room, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher), breakfast room and one full bathroom outfitted with custom vanity area, Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and glass-enclosed shower. (1430 sq. ft. enclosed area; 1660 sq. ft. with terrace)
• 2 Deluxe Three Bedroom Ocean Front Suites, 2,375 sq. ft, featuring private terraces with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, are each equipped with a large living room, two sitting spaces, a media area with a large screen TV, gaming consoles, embedded DVD and Blu-Ray player, a wine bar station, a full gourmet kitchen (with all the high-end implements) and fully stocked mini bar. The dining area seats six persons with bay window and floor to ceiling views of the ocean. The oceanfront master bedroom and bathrooms are outfitted with the best luxury features and latest technology.
• 24 Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites offer a master bedroom and second bedroom both with king-size beds, separate living room, custom curved sofa sleeper, taupe lacquer credenza with integrated media connectivity, smoked glass and bronze metal coffee tables , dresser and desk with bronze glass inlay, desk, desk chair, high-definition TV’s, entertainment unit, private bar, sitting area, private terrace, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, designer granite countertops with full backsplash, Italian limited-edition cabinets, microwave, dishwasher, stainless-steel sink and garbage disposal), breakfast room, powder room and two full bathrooms outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, bathtub and glass-enclosed shower. The master bedroom offers oceanfront views and the second bedroom offers Intracoastal views. Also features a convertible den with writing desk and a twin-size bed. (2035 sq. ft. enclosed area; 2379 sq. ft. with terrace).
• 14 Deluxe Two Bedroom Oceanfront Suites offer king-size beds in both the master and second bedroom, premium oceanfront views, twin-size day bed, separate living room, custom curved sofa sleeper, taupe lacquer credenza with integrated media connectivity, signature style wingback club chair, smoked glass and bronze metal coffee tables, dresser and desk with bronze glass inlay, desk, desk chair, ottoman, daybed with twin mattress, high-definition TV’s, entertainment unit, private bar, sitting area, private balcony, gourmet kitchen (with Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, designer granite countertops with full backsplash, Italian limited-edition cabinets, microwave, dishwasher, stainless-steel sink and garbage disposal), breakfast room, and two full bathrooms outfitted with imported marble flooring, double sinks, custom vanity area, bathtub and glass-enclosed shower. The master bedroom offers oceanfront views and the second bedroom offers Intracoastal views. (2035 sq. ft. enclosed area; 2379 sq. ft. with terrace)
The new rooms and suites are dressed in cool, calming tones featuring a selection of traditional furnishings in a deep ebony color, finished in a rich, high gloss lacquer with inflexions of bronze jewel tones. Satin draping will frame windows and sliding glass doors that give way to oversized balconies with views of the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Glamorous detailing includes channel tufted walnut wraparound headboards, curvaceous pillow back sleeper sofa, a Chinchilla blanket, and signature wingback chairs fit for a prince or princess.
• 1 Grand Deluxe Three Bedroom Suite which is a one of a kind accommodation with the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The suite’s elegant styling and contemporary glamour carry the magnificent ocean grandeur throughout the interior design with its luxurious contemporary fabrics, soothing color palette, and marble.
The elegant entry foyer with chic marble flooring has three round mirrored sconces, linear polished nickel light fixture, and hand-painted wallpaper. The suite’s expansive living room features modern end tables with a geometric design pattern, a 65-inch 4K TV and a flush mount chandelier. Elegant drapery adorns the floor-to-ceiling window. The sitting area has a queen sofa sleeper with quilted back cushions and accented pillows, antique brass coffee table and an area rug. There is also a serene gathering area with a sleek writing desk and lounge chairs for four.
A full gourmet kitchen has designer Arctic white quartz countertops with full backsplash, a Sub-Zero built-in refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, stainless-steel sink, and fully stocked private bar. The dining area has a Ralph Lauren Baxter metal shade chandelier, bay window and floor-to-ceiling views of the ocean, two bar stools and dining table for four people.
There are three bedroom options including an oceanfront master bedroom with a king-size bed, a large bedroom with two twin beds with a wall-to-wall panel and a bedroom with a queen bed. All beds are outfitted with Frette duvet covers in light grey. Plus, there are three private bathrooms.
The oceanfront master bedroom with terrace access is furnished with a midnight blue rug, a king bed, walk-in closet, side table with nightstand, high definition TV and a sparkling chandelier reminiscent of a jewel box with its exquisite ring pattern. The master bathroom features imported marble flooring, beautiful chandelier, double sinks, custom vanity area, bathtub, and glass-enclosed shower. 2,031 sq. ft. (188.7 sq. m) of an enclosed area; 2,375 sq. ft. (220.6 sq. m) with a terrace.
Restaurants & Bars
• AQ Chophouse by Il Mulino
The moment guests arrive at AQ Chophouse, their eyes will be instantly drawn to the giant, 1930s art-deco style chandelier that hangs from the soaring ceiling. The sweeping ocean views and natural light pouring in through the majestic windows highlight the handmade walnut dining tables and plush seating. Designed by Miami-based design firm Saladino Design Studios, AQ Chophouse was inspired by a throwback to mid-century European design, culminating in a cross between the bold, modern designs of the 1970s and the quieter style of 19th century Italian residential classicism.
The restaurant will accent the resort’s Mediterranean heritage and feature approachable cuisine that blends a modern steakhouse with Italian flavors offering prime cuts of meat, a selection of crudos, and seafood. Menu highlights include sheep’s milk ricotta with sea salt & extra virgin olive oil, branzino crudo with blood orange & frisee, grilled octopus, short rib ravioli with sage & butter, grilled fish and prime dry-age meats as well as delectable sides from truffle french fries, broccoli rabe to cream of corn and sauté cauliflower with raisins. Located nearby, a full sushi and raw bar managed by sushi chefs from North Miami Beach’s famed pan-Asian restaurant, Hiro’s Yakko-San, is available.
Join us every Sunday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm at AQ Chophouse for a special brunch buffet by Il Mulino New York while enjoying live music. Adults $85 (unlimited Mimosas, Prosecco, Mojitos and Bloody Marys), children ages 13 and under $35 (tax and gratuity not included).
• Il Mulino New York
An idyllic match for the elegant Mediterranean style oceanfront Acqualina Resort, acclaimed Italian restaurant Il Mulino New York is renowned for its bustling and energetic atmosphere, market fresh daily specials extensive selection of fine Italian wines and impeccably polished wait staff. Il Mulino New York at Acqualina Resort and Spa has been awarded the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Award for its exceptional dining experience. Il Mulino New York has been honored as the #1 Italian restaurant on the New York City Zagat Survey for an astonishing 20 years.
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
Join us every Sunday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm in AQ Chophouse for a special brunch buffet by Il Mulino New York while enjoying live music. Adults $85 (unlimited Mimosas, Prosecco, Mojitos and Bloody Mary’s), children ages 13 and under $35 (tax and gratuity not included). To make a reservation, please call 305.466.9191.
• Costa Grill
The oceanfront Costa Grill is the perfect spot to enjoy a beachside lunch, a light snack or to relax and unwind with a cocktail as the sun sets. The beachfront Miami restaurant serves an array of gourmet cuisine including sandwiches, burgers, wraps and salads in a casual setting.
• Groundbreaking in design and cutting edge in spa expertise, the luxurious 20,000-square-foot two-story Acqualina Spa by ESPA overlooks the glistening Atlantic Ocean and provides guests and outside clients with a tranquil sanctuary. Acqualina Spa by ESPA combines the best of ancient and modern therapies with the latest and finest skin care advances. The ultimate treatment choice, ESPA Time, commences with a Welcome Foot Ritual where the client’s needs are established, resulting in tailored treatments and a completely customized experience. All treatments are enhanced by a full line of ESPA marine, aromatherapy and plant active products blended using the highest quality organically grown plants, known for their purity, potency and exceptional results in skincare. The spa features his and her locker rooms equipped with sauna, steam room, his and her relaxation lounges, and an outdoor spa veranda with outdoor spa pools.
Hotel and restaurants Awards
Recognitions for 2020
Feb 2020, Forbes Travel Guide officially announced that Acqualina has been recognized as a Five Star Hotel, making it the eighth year in a row the property receives the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award.
Forbes Travel Guide – Five Star Spa rating – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
Feb 2020 U.S. News & World Report’s – Best Hotels rankings as the #1 Best Resort in the Continental US
Recognitions for 2019
2019 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
2019 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2019 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Spa by ESPA
2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels– # 6 Overall United States
2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels– #3 Best Resorts in the United States
2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels– #1 Best Resort in the Continental United States
2019 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Winner – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United States
Recognitions for 2018
2018 Best Waterfront Hotel in the United States – USA Today
2018 #3 Five-Star Hotel in Florida – Trivago
2018 #1 Luxury Beachfront Hotel in the United States – Trip Advisor
2018 #1 Hotel in Florida – U.S. News & World Report
2018 #1 Hotel in Miami Beach – U.S. News & World Report
2018 #1 Resort in the Continental United States – U.S. News & World Report
2018 Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
2018 AAA Five Diamond Hotel Award
Number of employees