Wyoming, United States
1535 N East Butte Road Jackson, Wyoming 83001
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Stuart Lang
5-star Luxury resort
History & Story
Amangani (peaceful home) clings to the crest of East Gros Ventre Butte, some 2,135m above sea level and affords magnificent views of the Grand Tetons and Snake River Valley below. It was the first Aman resort in North America and evokes the atmosphere of the American West. Amangani is an all-season resort: the winter highlight is skiing, while in the spring, summer and fall, the surrounding wilderness areas of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks are amongst the many attractions.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Amangani sits at the threshold of adventure: hot-air ballooning, 4×4 wildlife safaris, golf, hunting and horse riding are all easily arranged. Guided treks through Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks showcase the region’s raw beauty. Amangani also have a Ski Lounge in Teton Village, a short 25-minute shuttle from the resort.
Amangani and the town of Jackson are the southern gateway to nearby Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park is less than 100 kilometres away. Accessible yet off the beaten path, Amangani offers its guests world-class accommodations and service in a private setting, overlooking the beautiful valley of Jackson Hole in Wyoming.
Key sites/activities in the area
The natural landscape and national parks around Amangani offer a host of outdoor activities for every season such as skiing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, snow coach, snowshoe Hiking, rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding, fly fishing, tours to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, rodeo, hot air ballooning, golf, tennis.
Yellowstone Park was the first National Park in the world.
Personalized itineraries can be created for families, but there are no children’s corner or program per se.
• Grand Teton Suite (Size: 58 sqm) The most requested suite, it has breath-taking views of the Grand Teton Mountain.
• Spring Gulch Suite (Size: 62 sqm) Located on the top floor of the south wing, this room features a half bath, is an end unit and is very private.
• Sena Suite (Size: 72 sqm) Located on ground level on the north wing, it has breath-taking views of the Grand Teton Mountain range, with a half bath and dressing room.
• Amangani Suite (Size: 62 to 72 sqm) Amangani Suites have a half bath and dressing room, and can accommodate a rollaway nicely.
• Shoshone Suite (Size: 45.3 sqm) This suite has the same room design and floor plan as a Deluxe Suite; however, it has views over the Grand Tetons.
• Deluxe Suite (Size: 45.3 sqm) This room has the same room design and floor plan as the Superior Suite; however, it has an L- shaped balcony with mountain views.
• Superior Suite (Size: 45 sqm) This suite with bedroom/living room area and separate bathroom/dressing room area is our lead suite. The bathroom with large soaking tub and twin vanities has a separate slate shower stall, as well as a dressing room.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Grill
The Grill is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and specialises in locally-sourced, sustainable ranch meats and fresh fish.
• The Lounge
The Lounge is open throughout the day and serves light meals with panoramic views of Snake River Range and Spring Gulch
• The Zinc Bar
The Zinc Bar offers hand crafted cocktails with a local flair, with sweeping views over the mountains.
Amangani’s wellness facilities offer an array of holistic programmes and restorative therapies for weary muscles – ideal for a destination encouraging outdoor activities year-round.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Amangani offers a venue to suit every occasion, whether intimate or on a grand scale. A dedicated team oversees every detail, including recommendations for photographers and other event professionals. The venues comprise:
– The Takoda Room (44 banquet seating, 50 cocktail style)
– The Library (30 banquet seating, 40 cocktail style)
– The Lounge (50 banquet seating, 60-70 cocktail style)
– The Lounge Terrace (50 banquet seating, 60-75 cocktail style)
– The Grill (60-70 banquet seating)
– The Poolside (50 banquet seating, 60-70 cocktail style).
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Harper’s Bazaar Travel Guide 2017, 150 World’s Greatest Hotels
• Conde Nast Traveller – Readers Travel Awards, Top Resorts in the West
• Andrew Harper, Reader’s Choice Awards 2016
• Travel + Leisure, Top Resort Hotels in the West
• U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels rankings, Best Hotels in Jackson Hole – Silver Badge Winner