Prolongación Matamoros 115, Barrio de Santo Domingo, Tepoztlán Morelo
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Maritere Zaballa Amomoxtli Manager : For Maritere, Hospitality means touching someone else’s heart through service. It is sharing a person’s time and a feeling she has every time a guest leaves with a smile and a heart full of Amomoxtli’s essence. In Amomoxtli, Maritere expresses her love for Hospitality and nature, her understanding of the trees, her gratitude for the land, and the unique energy of Tepoztlán.
This property was created in one of the most beautiful and renowned Magic Towns of Mexico with the main objective to offer a genuine local experience for travelers, as the slogan highlights “Getting back to the roots” and with this making a true local discovering of the local culture.
History & Story
Located in Tepoztlán, a renowned Magic Towns in Mexico, Amomoxtli was built in 2016 only 5min away from downtown and 15min from the stunning mountain El Tepozteco known for holding special energies, and therefore, particularly interesting for discovering local holistic experiences.
Amomoxtli means “magical place” or “place between two rivers” which honors the mystical and historical wealth of Tepoztlan. Integrating its gastronomy, restoration techniques, handicrafts in its furniture and Spa rituals.
2019, Renovations: Main house (new bar + indoor and outdoor living room), and meeting space.
Date added extensions
2019, New construction: 5 cabins SPA, 21 new rooms and Restaurant.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Amomoxtli is known as the best hotel in the destination, because of its unique SPA menu with prehispanic rituals, its restaurant Mesa de Origen using local products and honoring the local cuisine, stunning view to the Tepozteco Mountain, vast vegetation within its 2 hectares of land, local and warm service.
Located only 5 min away from downtown, 15min away from the Tepozteco Mountain and the ruins, and only 1.5hrs to the International Airport of Mexico City.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Eco-tourism activities in the Tepozteco Mountain such as hiking, paragliding, horse riding, etc.
• Tepoztlán known as one of the most beautiful Magic Towns in Mexico
• Enjoying the local food
• Craft market
• Visit the prehispanic ruins
• Try the local renowned Ice-cream
– Even people not into holistic experiences are curious and willing to try our unique rituals
Children´s minimum age 13
• Number of suites:
– 21 Premium Room King size bed private garden private garden with lounge chairs and fire pit or balcony with chairs
– 6 Premium Room Two Queen Size beds private garden private garden with lounge chairs and fire pit or balcony with chairs
• Number of Luxury rooms:
– 5 King size beds garden view
• Number of Standard Room
– 2 Standard Room King size bed garden view
– Cottage with 3 rooms with private bathrooms, living area, and a terrace where you can relax with absolute privacy.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 37
Restaurants & Bars
1. Mesa de Origen
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Our restaurant honors the local gastronomy, therefore, our guests will enjoy the selection of local dishes. Mesa de Origen uses only regional ingredients and seeks to recover household recipes from locals.
2. Pool bar and Main House bar, offering cocktails, snacks and light meals
3. Room service
4. Private dinners in the Pond Garden
• SPA and Mysticism, 5 cabins hidden in the vegetation and near a relaxing stream of water, outdoor jaccuzi and Temazcal (traditional prehispanic herbal and steam bath).
• Outdoor Swimming Pool, with a stunning view to the Tepozteco Mountain
• Mandala, our space for wellness activities such as Yoga, Meditation and rituals
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Mandala, meeting space with a capacity of 60 persons
• Amomoxtli garden, capacity of 150 persons
• Main house, capacity of 30 persons
• Pond Garden, capacity of 50 persons
Extra Notable Features
• Mesa de Origen, offering outstanding local food
• Unique SPA Menu and facilities
• 2 hectares of vast vegetation
• Stunning view to the Tepozteco Mountain
• Best place for an enjoyable vacation, with lots of things to discover and explore
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees