Auberge du Soleil USA
Auberge du Soleil
180 Rutherford Hill Road, Rutherford,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Bradley Reynolds has served as General Manager at Auberge du Soleil for 15 years. Previously he was executive assistant manager at the five-star, five-diamond Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. Prior to that, he spent a number of years as managing director of legendary New York restaurants including the “21” Club, Tavern on the Green, Windows on the World, and The Russian Tea Room.
Napa Valley’s only Forbes 5-Star property, Auberge du Soleil is a 50 room boutique luxury hotel. The property is a long-standing member of Relais & Châteaux and has earned broad industry acclaim among annual “Best Hotels” awards from recognized travel industry publications such as Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure , US News & World Report , USAToday, Andrew Harper’s Hideaway, and more.
AUBERGE DU SOLEIL
History & Story
Thirty-five years ago, when Napa Valley was mostly farmland, and Michelin Star restaurants were reserved for European destinations, French restaurateur Claude Rouas and business partner Bob Harmon opened Auberge du Soleil as California Wine Country’s first fine-dining restaurant, followed five years later by a casually-elegant inn reminiscent of Provence. Today, the full-service hotel is as fresh and forward-thinking as when it first opened, continuing to pioneer a new style of sophisticated, relaxed luxury.
A phased guest room renovation project is in progress (Dec-Apr) designed by Suzanne Tucker. A San Francisco icon and partner at Tucker & Marks, Ms. Tucker is the former protégée of preeminent designer Michael Taylor, who was responsible for the original design of Auberge du Soleil.
Date added extensions
By April 28, 2017, 80% of the guest rooms and suites will be complete and part of the hotel’s Deluxe room category.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Terraced into the hillside of a 33-acre sunlit olive grove, Auberge du Soleil offers the most iconic views in the Napa Valley. The property stems from a deep culinary history and has a reputation for excellence that extends to every area of the hotel and its services.
Auberge du Soleil is located in Northern California wine country, half-way between the bustling city of Napa and the bucolic town of Calistoga. The property is roughly 85 miles from San Francisco, Oakland and Sacramento airports.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel is surrounded by hundreds of world-class wineries, with one of the most highly concentrated areas for Michelin Star dining in the country at its doorstep. The region also offers an array of art galleries, museums, performing arts venues, outdoor adventure experiences and boutique shopping.
The design of the Auberge Spa was guided by the vision of a Zen master with the objective of creating a physical and emotional barrier from the outside world. The indoor/outdoor experience allows guests to simultaneously focus inward while appreciating the outward beauty of nature. The courtyard, flanked by mature olive trees, contains the centerpiece of the spa – three stone fountains acquired from a centuries-old French monastery, perfectly aligned with a distant mountaintop in the Mount Veeder Appellation. The Auberge Spa is reserved exclusively for guests of the hotel.
Also, the Restaurant wine cellar at the hotel is among the largest in the area with more than 15,000 bottles of domestic and international selections.
Auberge du Soleil is an adult-only environment. Children must be 16 years and older.
• Number of suites: 21
Valley, hillside and garden views
• Number of Luxury rooms: 29
Valley, hillside and garden views
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 50
All rooms include complimentary self- and valet parking; breakfast daily in the Restaurant; access to the gym, swimming pool, steam and soaking pools at Auberge Spa. In-room amenities, including snacks and beverages, are complimentary. The property also offers a Mercedes-Benz Drive Program that allows guests to test-drive a variety of models along the picturesque vineyard-lined roads of Napa Valley.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Restaurant (awarded one Michelin Star for the past 10 consecutive years) – a fine dining experience
• The Bistro & Bar – casual fare
• Poolside dining – lunch and beverage service
Dining is not included in the guest rate
• Full service Auberge Spa with signature hammam steam and soaking pool ritual – available to hotel guests only
• Adult swimming pool and jacuzzi
• La Pagode, a private Japanese ryokan-style yoga and meditation pavilion
• Gym with outdoor weight deck; accessible to guests 24-hours a day
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 6000 square feet of indoor/outdoor event space
• Vista I & II – up to 120 guests
• Maison d’Arbre – up to 30 guests
• Cedar – up to 40 guests
Extra Notable Features
• Outdoor sculpture garden
• Complimentary weekly wine tastings
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Forbes 5-Star Hotel
• Michelin Star Restaurant for 10 consecutive years
• Andrew Harper’s #1 US Hideaway #2 Food & Wine Resort and #5 Spa Resort for 2016
• USAToday #10 Best Destination Resorts and #7 Best Wine Country Hotel
• Brides #5 Best Honeymoon Award for Mainland US and Canada
• US News & World Report #2 Best Hotels in California and #10 Best Hotels in the USA
• Forbes 5-Star Hotel (2014 & 2015)
• Michelin Star Restaurant (2014 & 2015)
• Conde Nast Traveler #8 Top 20 Hotels in Northern California (2015)
• Andrew Harper’s #1 Food and Wine Resort, #4 US Hideaway, #4 Spa Resort (2015)
• US News & World Report #35 Best Hotel in the USA (2015)
• Travel+Leisure Top 500 Hotels in the World
Number of employees