Austin Proper Hotel and Residence USA
Austin Proper Hotel and Residence
600 West 2nd Avenue, Austin,
A part of Design Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Cristiano Buono- An industry veteran with more than two decades of international experience, Buono brings a deep understanding of working effectively with teams from many cultures, a hands-on-approach and a passion for luxury and lifestyle experiences to Austin Proper Hotel & Residences. He has held various leadership positions in residential and hotel management both domestically and internationally at properties such as The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Miami Beach, The Ritz-Carlton Club, Aspen Highlands, The Ritz-Carlton Alabama, The Waikiki EDITION, and most recently, The New York EDITION.
Luxury lifestyle hotel offering upscale service with a friendly, welcoming approach. Aiming for 4 Star plus rating.
AUSTIN PROPER HOTEL AND RESIDENCE
History & Story
Austin Proper joined the downtown skyline in 2019 with a 32-story building that merges a 244-room destination hotel with 99 exclusive residences. The sculptural new construction integrates the work of award-winning Handel Architects and interior designer Kelly Wearstler in a progression of atmospheres including two pools, 14,500 square feet of event spaces, and multiple dining concepts by McGuire Moorman Hospitality. In step with Austin’s natural lifestyle, the hotel is the only LEED® Gold certified hotel downtown which minimizes footprint and maximizes sustainability. To promote wellness for those who stay and work with Proper, these rigorous environmental standards extend from water use (reclaimed irrigation systems, in-building chilled water loops, centralized boilers) to low-VOC paints, energy-efficient LED lights, and insulated dual-pane windows that save energy and block UV.
New build in 2019 by Handel Architects and Kelly Wearstler.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• First LEED Gold certified hotel in downtown Austin.
• Exclusively designed by Kelly Wearstler.
• Newest luxury lifestyle hotel in Austin.
• F&B partners with Mcguire Moorman, Austin’s iconic, local tastemakers
In the heart of Austin’s downtown located in the 2nd Street District which merges convenience and culture with creative offices, entertainment, shopping and waterfront wellness.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Lady Bird Lake,
• Roy Butler 10 mile Hike and Bike Trail
• Austin Central Public Library,
• Zilker Park,
• Moody’sTtheater home of ACL Live
• Seaholm District
• Texas Capital
• University of Texas
• Cota Race Track – Formula One Grand Prixe
Steps away from the Austin Central Public Library and a short drive to The Thinkery Children’s Museum.
Number of suites:
• 10 One bedroom suites including our
• Penthouse 1,100 sq ft with 3 separate living spaces, 1.5 baths and 550sf balcony
o Master bedroom and bath with access to balcony
o Dining/reception area with large dining table, wet bar, half bath and access to balcony
o Living area with large tv, comfy wrap around couch and additional closet spade- access to balcony
o Adjoins to JR suite with two queen beds
• 2 Premier Lakeview Suites at 650 sf with 2 separate living spacious, master bath with soaking tub an spacious balconies ( 550 sf)
• Proper Suite 1,000 sq ft separate living area, master bath with soaking tub, built in bar and large dining table
Number of Luxury rooms:
• 88- over 400 sf with floor to ceiling windows and fantastic views of Lady Bird Lake or Austin 2nd st city view
• 26 guest rooms with balconies ranging from 350 sf to 450 sf exclusive of suites and 100 sf balconies
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 244
Restaurants & Bars
• The Peacock Mediterranean Grill, ground floor restaurant and lobby bar, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as in-room dining. The menu is inspired by cuisines of North Africa, Greece, Israel & Lebanon. Includes wrap around outdoor seating and PDR accommodating 16 people, comprehensive wine cellar
• The Mockingbird Coffee, Falafel & Rotisserie, grab-and-go café serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• La Piscina Ceviches & Fajitas, coastal-Mexican inspired dishes paired with small-batch tequila and mezcal cocktails. Located on the 5th floor adjacent to our pool deck. Indoor outdoor seating.
• Goldie’s Sunken Bar, intimate cocktail bar available to hotel guests and residents.
• Spa to open Summer 2020 with five dedicated treatment rooms, pre-treatment lounge area and experiential retail.
• 2,100 sq. ft. state-of-the-art fitness center with Peloton bikes, Pilates reformers, Hydro rowers, free weights, punching bag and Woodway treadmills among other equipment.
• 5th floor pool and pool deck with 3 cabanas, bar and poolside menu service
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Mirabeau Ballroom accommodates 260 in rounds with a dance floor
• Morning Glory and Moonlight event space can each accommodate 15 -25 ppl for a sit down dinner or 35 – 50 for reception style
All event space is located on the second floor and include floor to ceiling windows and two 220 sf balconies
• Spacious foyer space for pre- function or smaller events. 150 ppl reception style or 20 sit down
Extra Notable Features
• Weekly onsite events and wellness programming are available to hotel guests and residents.
• We have weekly programing focused on the elements Austin is known for; wellness, music an the arts.
• Includes yoga, sound baths, guided running and bike tours, master classes and “Live at Goldies”
Number of employees