Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
Carretera Federal Cancún-Tulum KM51,
Punta Maroma, Q. Roo, México, 77710
Date of creation
Area Manager Mexico / General Manager
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
Forbes 5-star boutique hotel.
BELMOND MAROMA RESORT & SPA
History and Story
Our history began with a love story. In 1976, a Mexican architect was flying over the jungle-fringed, powder-white sands of the Riviera Maya when he realized he was smitten. Determined to live there, he bought the unnamed bay from a coconut plantation owner. Four years later, he fell in love again, this time with a visiting American writer. After a whirlwind romance, the couple settled down in a small dwelling by the beach. When, in 1988, Hurricane Gilbert destroyed their original one-room getaway, they took the opportunity to design a new home, working with a family of Mayan masons – true believers of the Sacred Geometry – to align the white stucco buildings with energy fields. This same family continued to work with the couple when they transformed their home into the first luxury boutique hotel in the area. Fittingly, the hotel opened on Valentine’s Day, 1995. Our company took the reins in 2002, creating further enchanting spaces such as the spectacular Kinan Spa, also designed with help from Mayan masons. Explore our resort and you’ll soon succumb to the heavenly setting, just as the architect did. From the moment you awake to a glorious sunrise, there’s undeniable Mayan magic in the air.
2005 saw the opening of the 7,000 square foot Kinan Spa and the Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa has gone on to gain a reputation as one of the best in the world, warmly welcoming loyal repeat guests and newcomers year round.
Main strengths, special touch
Intimate location | Beachfront resort | Mexican atmosphere | Best beach in the world | Internationally reknowed spa | 63 rooms and suites aligned to the ocean | personal touch
• Located in the Riviera Maya of Mexico
• 30 minutes south from Cancun Airport
• 20 minutes north from Playa del Carmen
• Nearby boho-chic Tulum
• On-site Marina with snorkeling and diving activities. PADI center available
• Mayan archaeological sites nearby (Tulum, Chichen-Itzá)
• Cenotes, natural reserves and some other expeditions nearby
• Guests can find every morning at breakfast, a lady preparing handmade tortillas for our guests
• Every night at dusk, 1,000 candles are lit, one by one, to create an even more romantic atmosphere
• At Kinan Spa, in some seasons, if you stand in the center, you can see the full moon in one side and the sun setting in the other. This is a perfect balance as it was built based in the Sacred Mayan Geometry
The Game Center is located in the heart of the resort’s jungle. It offers a variety of games for parents and children to enjoy quality time together. The service is self-guided, and guests can enter to the Game Center with their room key at any time.
There are also some other activities for teenagers and adults, such as a ping pong table, a Bike Tour every morning at 8am. Advance reservations are required.
• NUMBER OF SUITES: 33
Master Garden Family Suite (2) – 678sq.ft. (63sq.mt.) Set amongst the gardens and a few steps to the beach, enjoy pure bliss of nature. King size bed only.
Ocean View Junior Suites (10) – 450sq.ft. (42sq.mt.) Unwind to the shimmering ocean views from this suite. King size or twin beds subject to availability.
Ocean View Master Suites (12) – 678sq.ft. (63sq.mt.) This suite affords amazing views of the ocean and gardens. King size or twin beds subject to availability. Can connect to Garden Room.
Oceanfront One-bedroom Suites (9) – 1,916sq.ft. (178sq.mt.) An ultra-luxurious option to enjoy a getaway in Mexico. These suites feature: king size beds, a plunge pool, a double sink and double shower. Some suites boast an a/c fitness room, making them perfect for love birds. Other suites instead, feature a separate room that can accommodate two twin-size beds, the perfect choice for a family of four.
• NUMBER OF LUXURY ROOMS: 30
Deluxe Garden View Room (14) – 325sq.ft. (30sq.mt.) Situated near the pools and surrounded by lush tropical foliage. King size or twin beds subject to availability. Can connect to Ocean View Master Suite.
Deluxe Ocean View Room (16) – 325sq.ft. (30sq.mt.) Located near the beach with stunning views of the Caribbean from the terrace. King size bed in every room.
• NUMBER OF ROOMS, (KEYS) IN ALL: 63
Restaurants & bars
• El Sol Restaurant – Farm to table specialties. Diners can pair flavors with the best wine labels from the award-winning Wine Cellar. (Dinner 7- 11pm)
•El Restaurante – For breakfast and lunch, savor regional Mexican cuisine. At dinner, El Restaurante combines Mexican Contemporary cuisine with a Mediterranean flare. (Breakfast 7-11am; Lunch 11:30am-5pm; Dinner 6-10:30pm)
• Freddy’s Bar – This beachfront bar offers the largest collection of tequila and mezcal in the region. (9am – 11pm)
• An all inclusive plan – optional and available at time of booking
• Kinan Spa offers treatments based on ancient Mayan healing techniques
• Yoga classes, from Monday to Saturday at 8am, in complimentary basis
• Fitness Center, open 24 hours
• Three outdoor pools, one exclusively for adults
• Two tennis courts, complimentary
• Bike tour, complimentary
• On-site Marina with complimentary use of Kayaks and Hobie cats. Also snorkeling and scuba diving with PADI certification (fee applies).
Corporate and celebration events
Located on palm-fringed shores and beside lush jungle, the resort’s gardens and soft sand beach are made for magical moments. Whether professional gatherings or destination weddings, Belmond has all the ingredients to make a lasting impression.
• NEW VENUE – An all-weather dream venue, the new palapa is 270 sq m with a maximum capacity for 200 guests. It has an exterior deck to celebrate outside.
• 8 Al fresco venues with inspiring scenarios for intimate weddings or incentive travel with capacity up to 200 guests.
• A private and well-equipped conference room for board meetings
Extra Notable Features
• Indulgent gastronomic experiences including cooking lessons, dinners on the beach, tequila tastings, and more.
• For children, a game center with organized activities, spa treatment and food menu available.
Hotel and restaurant(s) Awards
• Five-Star Hotel by Forbes Travel Guide (2016-2020)
• Wellness resort and Tropical Getaway, Travel+Leisure México
• #3 Top Resorts in Mexico – Brides Magazine
• #18 Top Resorts in Eastern Mexico: Condé Nast’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
• Best of Award of Excellence, Wine Spectator 2015-2020
• Best Hotel with Spa Experience, Travel+Leisure
• #4 Top 10 Honeymoon Resorts in Mexico, Brides Magazine
• Readers’ Choice Awards: #3 Top Resorts in Eastern Mexico, Condé Nast
• The 50 Best Resorts in the World, Condé Nast
Number of employees