Developing our Nordic program further for the upcoming winter season to include a larger section in the national forest. Also planning on adding two family tents (2 rooms) for next summer at the River Camp.
DUNTON HOT SPRINGS
History & Story
Dunton, Colorado, was a small-unincorporated settlement in Dolores County established in 1885, and it consisted of log structures stretching for about a mile along the West Dolores River, and it was abandoned in 1915. In 1994 the current owners bought Dunton and set about renovating the entire town, which took seven years.
We are in constant update and fine tuning for our guests / Christina Rossi.
Date added extensions
Christy’s Tent was added in 2011 / Dunton River Camp was added in 2013.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Authentic western ghost town / natural hot springs (without any sulphr) / all inclusive of meals and beverages (alcohol and non alcohol) / extremely customised experience.
Located in SW Colorado just accross the mountain from Telluride, and an hour from Mesa Verde national park. We sit at a high elevation 8,850 ft / 2,700 m.
Key sites/activities in the area
Mesa Verde national park visits / fly fishing / hiking / horseback riding / mountain biking / snow shoeing / cross country skiing / snow mobiling / dog sledding / natural hot springs / vineyard tours.
In 1898 Butch Cassidy robbed his first bank in Telluride. He rode accross the mounatin and hid in Dunton. When he was there he carved his name in the bar at the saloon, and we still have and use the said bar.
We don’t have a minimum age to stay with us. All pricing of the cabins is for double occupancy. Children between the ages of 2 and 21 are charged $200 per person per night. We have a screening room with over 800 dvd’s in the Dance Hall for guests to use and we also have many board games and toys.
• Number of suites: 6
• Number of Luxury rooms: 7
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 13
Restaurants & Bars
• All-inclusive (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
• Menu changes daily based – no standard rotation
• Local, simply prepared high quality cuisine
• Natural hot springs
• Yoga studio
• 2 treatment cabins
• Fitness center (setup as a boxing gym)
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Guests can rent out the whole of the Hot springs for up to 44 guests and with the neighboring River Camp we can accomodate up to 60 guests.
• Buy-out rates are all inclusive of meals and beverages.
• Yoga studio can be used as a break-out room and the Dance Hall can be used as the main function space.
• If doing a buy-out full customisation of schedule of events can be done.
Extra Notable Features
• One hour from Telluride
• We have Helip Pad
• Movie screening room with over 800 dvd’s
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Conde Nast Traveler Gold List
– #4 Best hotel for food lovers in the US by Bon Appetit Magazine
– Conde Nast Traveler Gold List
– Winner of “The Greatest Outdoors” – Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel Awards