EAST, Miami USA
788 Brickell Plaza, Miami FL 33131
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Giovanni Beretta, is the Vice President of Swire Hotels in the United States and General Manager at EAST, Miami. Graduated from École Hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland, Giovanni has overseen multiple hotel openings and renovations, across Europe, Latin America, Australia and the United States.
Luxury-Lifestyle Hotel, Preferred Hotels & Resorts: LVX Collection
EAST, Miami is a design hotel with a prime urban location, located within Brickell City Centre, a superb mix of luxury retail, residential, office space and upscale amenities. EAST offers a unique mix of customized guest services, cutting-edge technology, and innovative restaurants and bars.
History & Story
EAST, Miami is the first Swire Hotels property in North America and the third hotel under the EAST brand. Swire Hotels presently includes a portfolio of seven hotels which are all owned and operated by the company, most notably The Upper House in Hong Kong, and most recently The Middle House in Shanghai. Swire Hotels is a subsidiary of Swire Pacific which also owns and operates Cathay Pacific Airways.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The vision behind the design is to provide an inclusive experience for all, while reflecting the local spirit of Miami. Feng Shui, bio geometry, radiesthesia and crystal healing methods are used throughout the hotel to balance and harmonize the flow of energy.
Urbanites rejoice! Nestled in the heart of Brickell City Centre, EAST, Miami is located in the Brickell neighborhood south of Downtown Miami, a 15 minutes drive from Miami International Airport. Conveniently located near popular districts such as Wynwood and the Design District – Brickell offers guests a multitude of dining and entertainment options within walking distance. A short trip to South Beach or Key Biscayne is always an option for those wishing to see more of the city.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Design District
- Bayside Marketplace
- Pool & Deck area is complemented by the Climate Ribbon -an architectural feature which helps to bring a natural breeze into the property
- All rooms, suites and residences feature contemporary interiors, floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies with spectacular views of Miami and the Biscayne Bay and to enjoy the famous Miami weather.
- Offering two and three bedroom suite for families
– Number of rooms in all : 352
– Number of Luxury rooms (+ size, views) : 48
- Corner King, 38 sqm, City View
- Bay King, 38 sqm, City & Bay Views
– Number of Suites (+ size, views) : 97
- One Bedroom Suite, 59-70 sqm, City Views
- Junior Residence Suite, 70 sqm, City View
- One Bedroom Residence Suite, 97 sqm, City View
- Two Bedroom Residence Suite, 97-111 sqm, City View
- Two Bedroom Corner Residence Suite, 132 sqm, City View
- Three Bedroom Residence Suite, 162 sqm, Bay and City Views
- EAST Suite, 148 sqm, Bay and City Views
Restaurants & Bars
- Quinto la Huella: EAST, Miami signature restaurant with Uruguayan cuisine. The restaurant offers a unique fire cooking method with a wood fire parrilla centered at the heart of the kitchen and includes an outdoor dining experience.
- Sugar: Brings an Asian-influenced rooftop bar & restaurant. The menu combines a variety of culinary heritages; offering authentic Asian flavors, signature cocktails and family style service
- Tea Room : Located on the 40th floor, it is designed to transport guests to a legitimate Hong Kong lounge with its Asian Night Brunch, an evening brunch inspired by Asian culture.
- Domain: Our lobby café and bar has an extensive menu of light bites to satisfy all your cravings. From pastries and a juice in the morning, to a fresh salad, a hearty sandwich in the afternoon, or a glass of crisp rosé in the evening.
The wellness offerings are exclusively available to hotel guests. No pool or gym passes are available for purchase for the public.
- Pool & Deck: Open daily from sunrise to sunset, this area has an extensive menu of refreshing and tantalizing snacks from our signature eatery, Quinto la Huella.
- BEAST (Body by EAST, Miami) : Our hotel gym features the latest Technogym equipment and is accessible 24 hours a day to cater to guests preferred fitness regimens.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- The Crush : offering a 3,300 squares feet of venue space, showcasing 270 degrees of panoramic views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami Skyline.
- Rise and Set : offering 1,600 square feet of venue space with high ceilings.
- High Noon : 38th floor, offering 850 square feet of venue space showcasing views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami Skyline.
- Outdoor Venues : The Shrubbery, Sugar and Pool & Deck areas are for occasions all year long.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Best Overall Hotel Project by Miami Hospitality Design Awards
- Winner for People’ s Choice Award by Miami Hospitality Design Awards
- Best Hotel Restaurant (Quinto la Huella) by Miami Hospitality Design Awards
- Best Hotel Nightclub, Bar, Lounge by Miami Hospitality Design Awards
- Best New Bar (Sugar) by Miami New Times
- Best Hotel by Miami New Times
- #1 Rooftop Bar in USA by Conde Nast Traveler
- Feature in Forbes as one of “The 5 Best Luxury Hotels to Book for Art Basel Miami 2016”
- Best New US Hotels & Resorts by Persuitist
- 10 Best New Restaurants (Quinto La Huella) by Forbes
Number of employees