Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
1038 Canada Place
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6C 0B9 – Canada
FRHI Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Opening Date : February, 2010
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Jens Moesker: Internationally raised and born into a family of hoteliers, Jens has a career of over 25 years specializing in luxury hotels in Europe, Asia, Middle East and North America and major cities including London, Tokyo, Toronto.
FAIRMONT PACIFIC RIM
History & Story
Fairmont Pacific Rim began welcoming the world on the eve of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter games and has developed a reputation for excellence with its superb services, outstanding architecture, and waterfront location adjacent to the newly constructed Vancouver Convention Centre.
Perched on the edge of the Burrard inlet overlooking an expanse of water that extends toward the Pacific Ocean, the hotel is, in both a figurative and literal sense, a getaway property. With five-star amenities, creative design and dining offerings, rich use of polished stone and natural woods, prime harbor front location, Fairmont Pacific Rim is a contemporary interpretation of what historically made a Fairmont hotel stand out.
Named as tribute to Vancouver’s position as a doorway to the Far East, the hotel fuses elements of both Asian and North American Culture in to its design. While staying true to Fairmont legacy as a place of grand occasion, the hotel is destined to be an iconic hotel of its time.
The hotel is a new build hotel and was completed on February 2010, so we have not gone through renewal projects.
Date added extensions
January 2020: Taschen Library presents a diverse portfolio of eye-catching books celebrates innovation and cultural creativity. With the addition of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, guests can browse and shop best-selling titles from the TASCHEN universe covering pop culture, fashion, music, contemporary art, photography, travel and gastronomy. Our library offers a full catalogue of TASCHEN titles. Over 275 books are available, ranging from TASCHEN’s affordable artist monographs to their prestigious limited and signed Collector’s Editions.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
High quality in all areas including physical attributes of the hotel as well as well trained intuitive staff that offer luxury world class service. Fairmont Pacific Rim repeatedly welcomes world dignitaries, Fortune 100 CEOs and A-List celebrities.
The hotel is in a prime location, situated on the water across the street from the cruise ship terminal, adjacent to the financial district and Coal Harbour. Ideally located near the city’s best shopping and celebrated restaurants.
Key sites/activities in the area
Vancouver has been named the top Destination in Canada. Visit the aquarium, take a city tour or stroll through Stanley Park, the city’s urban wilderness, or explore the surrounding area on a breathtaking drive.
The market in giovane + cafe has a Candy Bar; a whole wall filled with nostalgia candies and house made truffles, toffees and Italian marshmallows.
A pop up store featuring trendy local businesses can be found behind the front desk, for example a local artisan tea shop selling teas from around the world, skincare bar and jewelry store.
We extend food & beverage discounts, complimentary for children under 5 years of age and 50% off for children under 12 years of age.
Fairmont Pacific Rim, designed to exceed the highest standards and services, offers luxury in downtown Vancouver accommodations. Featuring luxury linens, Stearns & Foster beds, spacious spa-like marble bathrooms with television-mirrors, a media connectivity panel, as well as wall-mounted LCD televisions with surround-sound. Many rooms with spectacular harbour and mountain views, we are quintessentially Vancouver!
Restaurants & Bars
Executive Chef Hector Laguna’s menu depicts the culinary abundance and botany of the Pacific Northwest region – produce rooted from the soil of the northwest, sustainably sourced seafood, and organic agricultural methods from backyard suppliers. Designed to showcase the best version of themselves, making people go to the gathering place of our culinary community.
• Lobby Lounge & RawBar
Open daily from 11:00am, our Lobby Lounge offers a cocktails that are all hand-crafted and cocktailed with care by our award-winning bar team, led by Creative Beverage Director Grant Sceney. Enjoy nightly live music, hand crafted cocktails and Vancouver’s first 100% Ocean Wise Sushi RawBar.
• In-Room Dining
Available 24 hours, our In-Room Dining Menu.
• Willowstream Spa: Surrounded in beautiful views, our spa offers nine treatment areas, including a couples’ room with deep Japanese Zen tubs, a Nail Spa, three lounges, and a beautiful spa terrace. The treatments at Willow Stream Spa are authentically Canadian.
• Swimming Pool: Fairmont Pacific Rim features our 6th floor, roof top pool deck open year round.
• Fitness: Open 24 hours and equipped with TechnoGym Excite equipment, we have a variety of ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes. We also offer yoga classes and personal training sessions.
• BMW Bicycles: Fairmont Pacific Rim is pleased to offer complimentary BMW Bicycles available through our Guest Services Team. Enjoy endless bike routes and scenic tours throughout the city.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Fairmont Pacific Rim offers two ballrooms, six boardrooms, a state-of-the-art theatre that seats up to 24. With a direct link to the Vancouver Convention Centre in the city, our Catering and Conference Services team looks forward to planning the perfect event. Fairmont Pacific Rim offers a variety of meeting venues that can accommodate events up to 800 guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Golf: There are many excellent courses within a 20 to 60 minute drive from the hotel. Please contact our Hotel Concierge to book your course today!
• Skiing: There are three ski hills located within a 45-minute drive from the hotel. Cypress Mountain (cross-country and downhill), Grouse Mountain (downhill only) & Mount Syemour (cross-country and downhill).
• Theatre: There are several theatres within walking distance of the hotel (Live theatre & Movie theatres)
• Our WillowStream Spa offers a variety of Personal Training and Yoga sessions designed for you.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Hotel Rating 2020 & 2021
• AAA Five Diamond 2020 & 2021
• U.S News 2020 Best Hotels – Best Hotels in Canada – Fairmont Pacific Rim #1
• U.S News 2021 Best Hotels – Best Hotels in Canada – Fairmont Pacific Rim #5
• Spas of America Top 100 Spas of 2020 – Willow Stream Spa #43
• Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Spa Rating – Willow Stream Spa 2020 & 2021
• Canada’s 50 Best Bars 2020 – Botanist Bar #6
• Canada’s 50 Best Bars 2020 – The Lobby Lounge & RawBar #39
• Canada’s 50 Best Bars – 2020 Bartender of the Year – Jeff Savage, Botanist Bar
• World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2020 – World’s 50 Best Discovery – Botanist
• TripAdvisors Travelers Choice Top 25 Hotels in Canada
• Meetings + Incentive Travel Magazine’s annual Reader’s Choice Awards: Western Canada’s Best Meeting Venue (with bedrooms)
2013 – 2012
• Travel + Leisure World’s Best Reader’s Survey – #1 City Hotel in Canada (2013)
• U.S News & World Report – #1 Hotel in Canada (2013)
• AAA 4 Diamond Rating (2012 & 2013)
• TripAdvisor: Traveler’s Choice Awards – Top 10 Hotels in Canada (2012 & 2013)
• Conde Nast Traveler: Gold List (2012 & 2013)
• BC Living – 2013 People’s Choice Awards – Best Accommodation
Number of employees