Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit Mexico
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Av Paseo de los Cocoteros 98 Sur, NuevoVallarta, Riviera Nayarit, C.P. 63735
Velas’s Brothers (privately owned)
Date of Creation
December 12, 2002
Hotel General Manager
Lucy Ruíz, has over 25 years of hotel operation experience specializing in high-end hotels. She most recently served as Gerente Geral de Experiencia for Grupo Rio Quente’s seven hotels, 18 restaurants, 15 bars and a food service production center in Brazil. Prior to, she also held positions throughout Mexico with Villa Group, Avalon Resorts, Hoteles Presidente, Paraiso de la Bonita, Hilton, Ritz Carlton and Fiesta Americana.
Family – Friendly Luxury All Inclusive Resort, recipients of the AAA 5 Diamonds Award and members of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
As a 5 diamond hotel, develop a commercial relationship with principal luxury consortias; offering a luxury vacations for our clients including a culinary experience with restaurants awarded with 4 diamonds that have a international recognition, being the first all inclusive luxury resort in the world. Pampering each client hosting with us receive a Luxury confort with the best service.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
History & Story
Long recognized as hallmark of memorable events at the exclusive beach destinations of Riviera Nayarit by Puerto Vallarta area, the family-owned Grand Velas brand holds more than 20 years of hospitality tradition offering world-class service awarded 5 Diamonds by AAA, luxurious accommodations, flexible meeting spaces and fine dining experience.
June 2017, Lucca restaurant will be renewed, designer : Melín Castro
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Culinary tour though gourmet restaurants, most of them have received AAA Four Diamonds Awards
• 24-hour Personal Concierge
• The Baby Concierge service – at no extra fee – provides parents with the basic needs for the comfort of their baby
Located just 15 minutes away from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, it has over 656 feet of pristine beach and a 16,000 sq. ft. award-winning Spa. The entire experience is enhanced by a perfect location for enjoying activities such as golf, deep sea fishing and scuba diving.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Downtown Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is home to the city’s most historic attractions and famous landmarks, including Los Arcos, Plaza Principal and Playa Los Muertos. The center of activity in downtown Puerto Vallarta focuses around El Malecon, the legendary board walk that runs from Hotel Rosita, Puerto Vallarta’s first hotel, to Los Arcos, a beautiful open-air amphitheater. Stroll along El Malecon for shopping and spectacular Pacific views.
• Marina Vallartais a beautiful golf, marina and water park complex set on a beach with views of Banderas Bay.
• Las Marietas Islands became famous in the 1970s as a result of undersea explorer Jacques Cousteau. Today, the Marietas Islands Marine Reserve is a bird sanctuary protected by the Mexican government. A top spot for scuba divers, Las Marietas Islands offer adventurous diving in reefs, caves and deep drop-offs. Las Marietas Islandsis a great spot for snorkeling and windsurfing. The islands can be reached from boats off Puerto Vallarta’s northern beaches.
• Our Kids’ Club offers daily activities, including beach and pool games, cultural programs, nature discovery and arts and crafts. Our tour agent is happy to arrange snorkeling and scuba adventures, whale watching and dolphin encounters, and bay cruises .Schedule: from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 p. Age: 4 to 12 years.
• Now youngsters have a new place where to laugh, play, learn and make new friends! Designed with a fresh and original look, the Teen’s Club provides the best for kids from 13-18 years old. It has cabins with Xbox Kinect, billiards and air hockey. For those who want to chat and socialize, the deli and the lounge area are perfect; the most talented can show off their skills on stage with karaoke or dance the night away at the mini disco!
Schedule: from 11:00 a.m to 12:00 a.m Age: 13 to 16 years
• Number of suites:
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• 16 (Special Categories)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• Luxury All-Inclusive Plan
Accommodation in 1,000+ sq. ft. suites • World-class amenities and personalized services • Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Azul restaurant • À la carte dinners at three gourmet restaurants • Selvadel Mar Snack Bar with pool and beach service • Selection of premium national and imported beverages at the bars • 24-hour suite service• In-suite minibar replenished daily • Infinity swimming pool with three levels • Infinity Jacuzzi (only for adults 18 years old and over) • Kids Club for ages 4 to 12, open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. • Teen’s Club for ages 13 to 18 • Nightly entertainment • Non-motorized water sports • Fitness Center, open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. • Yoga, pilates, zumba and salsa classes • Tennis and paddle tennis courts • Concierge, Baby Concierge and Pool Concierge services • Express check-out • Shoe shining service • Taxes and gratuities.
Check-in – 3:00 p.m. | Check-out – 12:00 p.m.
Restaurants & Bars
• Azul Oceanfront restaurant : À la carte or buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
• Frida, Mexican haute cuisine : Air-conditioned interior and terrace. Live music and ocean view
• Lucca, Italian-Mediterranean specialties : Air-conditioned, live music and ocean view
• Piaf, Traditional French cuisine : Air-conditioned, live music and ocean view. Only for ages 12 and over
• Open from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Previous reservation is required.
• Koi, Sports Bar & Dancing : Casual atmosphere with live music, 5:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
• Selva del Mar, Poolside snacks and drinks, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Aqua Bar, Located in the infinity pool with national and international beverages, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Wellness Suites with special services and amenities
• A worldwide recognized Signature Spa
• High-tech fitness center with professional instructors
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The resort offers a 10,900-sq. ft. deluxe Convention Center with top-notch amenities and capacity for 900 attendees and up to 10 breakout sessions. A full range of outdoor venues such as gardens, terraces and the beach create ideal settings for unforgettable events.
Extra Notable Features
• Tennis and paddle tennis courses
• Yoga, pilates, zumba and salsa classes
• Personalized training*
• Non-motorized aquatic sports
• Preferential rates for golf rounds at Marina Vallarta and Vista Vallarta courses*
• Services with additional cost.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Earth Check
• Blue Flag
• Reader’s Choice Award
• No. 1 of 25 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta hotels rated by travelers on Trip Advisor®
• Member of Virtuoso’s “Hotels & Resorts” Program
• Since 2004 | Leading Hotel of the World
Number of employees