Hotel Casa del Mar USA
Hotel Casa del Mar
1910 Ocean Way, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Charlie Lopez-Quintana has more than 20 years of global experience in the hospitality industry most previously spending eight years at Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, where he served as the Executive Director of Resort Operations. He moved to the United States in 2001 to open The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and supported the opening of seven additional Ritz Carlton properties, including those in Dubai, Doha, Grand Cayman, Battery Park, South Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Tenerife.
5 star luxury, Preferred Legend
HOTEL CASA DEL MAR
History & Story
Inspired by the grand villas of the Mediterranean and the beachy vibe of Santa Monica, Hotel Casa del Mar invites you to unwind in style. Its vibrant new ocean view lobby and Terrazza Lounge by interior designer Michael S. Smith are a contemporary contrast to its classic Renaissance interior.
This dynamic oceanfront hotel in the heart of Silicon Beach offers some of the most coveted accommodations on the West Coast. Each new exquisitely styled guest room and suite showcases local coastal art and residential design, many feature sweeping vistas of the coastline from Palos Verdes to Malibu.
No matter where you are at Hotel Casa del Mar, rest assured you are never far from the Pacific or our talented staff to serve you.
2018 full room renovations
Main Strengths, Special Touch
One of two only hotels on the sand in Los Angeles. Originally built in the 1920s as a celebrity beach club, Hotel Casa del Mar has been fully restored and reimagined as a beach front retreat for the most discerning of travelers
A long Ocean Avenue, alfresco dining spots, pastel-hued hotels, palm-lined Palisades Park and the distinctive Tongva Park provide enviable beachfront hangouts. Ocean Front Walk, home of the Original Muscle Beach, still flexes its charm with a collection of rings, parallel bars and balance bars plied by bodybuilders, yogis and other assorted sun-worshippers. Bikes and skateboards drift down the Marvin Braude Bike Trail in an aimless procession of fun. Perched over the Pacific, the 110-year-old Santa Monica Pier, featuring the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, the century-old Looff Hippodrome and the aquarium, attracts families, couples and friends each reveling in a delectable slice of West Coast nostalgia.
Key sites/activities in the area
Santa Monica Beach, Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica Place/ 3rd Street Promenade shopping, Venice Boardwalk, Abbot Kinney Dining, Boutiques on Montana Avenue, Silicon Beach, Getty Villa Museum , The Broad Stage, Bergamont Station
Hotel Casa del Mar was originally developed as an opulent private beach club in the « Roaring 20s « by Los Angeles architect Charles F. Plummer in Italian Renaissance Revival style. The original “Club Casa del Mar” served as an upscale hotel and beach club to the California elite. The Edward Thomas Hospitality Corp. purchased the property in 1997 and carefully restored the building’s exterior to celebrate its provenance and began a complete reimagining of the interiors to make the property relevant to the luxury traveler of the new millennium.
• Number of suites:
• 16 suites
• Number of Luxury rooms:
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 129 guest rooms
Restaurants & Bars
• Terrazza Lounge – features California cuisine driven by seasonal products and local ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
• Lobby Lounge – featuring light bites and cocktails, spectacular ocean and Santa Monica Pier views and nightly entertainment
• Eco-friendly designed Sea Wellness Spa featuring luxury skincare, body care, and HydraFacial Systems
• Personal trainers, surf lessons, bike rentals, yoga and meditation instructors available by appointment
• Complimentary fitness center and daily fitness classes
• Palm Terrace pool located on the 5th floor, overlooking the ocean with whirlpool spa, chaise lounges ad towel service
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Flexible 4,200-square-foot Colonnade Ballroom with ocean views and outdoor terrace; reception or theater-style events for 400 people
• Five function and meeting rooms to accommodate 10 – 400 people, totaling 7,000 square feet
• The poolside Palm Terrace for outdoor receptions available on a seasonal and limited basis
• Full service, on-site audiovisual company company and support technicians; on-site catering; conference managers and
Extra Notable Features
• Complimentary daily yoga classes
Hotel and restaurant Awards
•2019 SHAPE Healthy Travel Awards as “Best Hotel spas” in the US
• Conde Nast top hotels in LA
Number of employees