Monarch Beach Resort USA
Monarch Beach Resort
One Monarch Beach Resort Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
Date of Creation
Monarch Beach Resort was created on June 1, 2016
Hotel General Manager
Vice President and General Manager – Mr. Ian Pullan held previous General Manager positions with : Intercontinental Boston, The Fairmont Waterfront, The Fairmont Orchid Hawaii and The Fairmont Kansas City at The Plaza
We are a Five Diamond luxury property offering guests an array of exclusive activities and inspiring experiences that embody Southern California’s serene coastal lifestyle.
Monarch Beach Resort
History & Story
Monarch Beach Resort was born on June 1, 2016 after a two year, $40 million transformation. Perched on a golden hillside overlooking the azure waters of the Pacific, we are Orange County’s most luxurious coastal playground. Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary offers guests an array of exclusive activities and inspiring experiences that embody Southern California’s serene coastal lifestyle. From championship golf links and restorative spa services to water sports and celebrated dining, discover the allure of Orange County’s premier resort.
All sleeping rooms / suites completed May 2015. Public space completed May 2016.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
We have everything that clients could want : Three sparkling pools, golf on property, Miraval spa, seven dining options and the only private beach club along the coast ! In additon we also have tennis, a great children’s program and wellness/fitness activities like no other resort along the coast.
Located in Dana Point, CA. Five minutes south of Laguna Beach.
Key sites/activities in the area
Dana Point : Surf lessons, whale watching, Ocean Institute, Mission San Juan Capistrano, art galleries in Laguna, Pacific Coast Highway Summer Trolley to Dana Point Harbor and Laguna Beach
The resort has milkweed gardens around the grounds that encourage the Monarch Butterflies to fly around the resort to the delight of our guests !
Our super fun Woody Trams take guests up and down to the private beach club all day to the sounds of beach music and fun facts from our Tram Drivers !
Monarch Beach Kids is an exclusively designed activity program solely for our younger guests. We offer an exciting schedule of energetic, creative and highly satisfying activities for children aged 5-12 years. All the games and excitement have been planned to provide optimum levels of entertainment and fun while nurturing each child’s inquisitive and creative mind. Monarch Beach Kids is located on the first floor of the resort.
– Number of suites:
44 Deluxe Studio Suites – 735 square feet with Resort, Pool or Ocean Views. Generous sitting area with ottoman-styled table, walk-in closet.
5 Monarch Suites – 890 square feet with Resort and Pool views. King bedroom with separate living room with convertible sofa bed.
21 One-Bedroom Suites – 970 square feet with Resort, Pool, Ocean and Fireside options. King bedroom with oversized bath. Separate living room with convertible sofa bed and ¾ bathroom
– Number of Luxury rooms
1 Sunset View Suite – 1,466 square feet with separate sleeping and living quarters. Entertain with a dining table that will fit 6-8 people, wet bar, pantry and guest ½ bathroom.
2 Ocean Grand Suites – 1,466 square feet with separate sleeping and living quarters. Entertain with a dining room can accommodate ten, wet bar, pantry and guest ½ bathroom. Spectacular ocean view from the oversized, well-furnished balcony. A five-fixture bathroom boasting dual vanities, separate two-person shower and an oversized Jacuzzi tub. Spectacular views out to the Pacific from an oversized, well-furnished balcony.
2 Presidential Suites – 3,100 square feet. The expansive living room features a fireplace and study corner while the dining room with large butler pantry will entertain ten guests. The master edroom features a flat screen TV that rises from the foot of the bed, walk-in closet and an all-marble master bath with a separate soothing steam shower and Jacuzzi tub. Multiple balconies look out to the Pacific and include a terrace with a fireplace.
– Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 400
Restaurants & Bars
– 33 NORTH – features, locally sourced, natural and organic seafoods, meats poultry and produce.
– AVEO TABLE + BAR – reinvented coastal cuisine
– BOURBON STEAK – Chef Michael Mina’s modern American steakhouse, dinner only
– CLUB 19 – classic American fare, lunch only
– MIRAVAL SPA CAFE – healthy and nutritious casual dining fareMONARCH BAY CLUB – Ocea•CLUB 19 – classic American fare, lunch only
– PARK & PARCEL MARKET – grab and go coffe shop with premium market-fresh foods
– MONARCH BAY CLUB – Oceanfront fresh California-style cuisine
– Miraval Life In Balance Spa – Luxury spa with 40 complimentary wellness and fitness activities that are complimentary to our guests
– Adult Only Spa Pool
– Athletic Club – high-tech club featuring Peleton bikes, ARKE Core Centric Training System, treadmills, elliptical machines, TechnoGym weight machines, free weights and kettle balls.
Corporate & Celebration Events
– 25,000 square feet of meeting/event space
– Two ballrooms available
– Tons of outdoor event space
Extra Notable Features
Monarch Beach Golf Links – Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed our par-70 championship course that features two oceanfront holes and ocean views for the other 16. It also has shimmering water features which come into play on eight holes
Join us for Beach Yoga and Mindful Meditation on the sand each morning!
Mindful Golf and world-class instruction available at Monarch Beach Golf Links
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
- 2017 AAA Five Diamond Rating
- Condé Nast Traveler 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards
#24 in Top Resorts in Southern California
- Parenting OC 2016-17 Editor’s Choice
Best Family Staycation Hotel
- San Diego Magazine’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Travel Awards
Best Orange County Hotel
- Grace Ormonde Top 100 Hotels
Top 100 Wedding Destinations to Celebrate Love
- The Departures Top 100 Jan/Feb 2017
#24 in Top 100 Important Destinations- Inclusion with Orange County
- Modern Luxury Orange County Best of O.C. 2017
#1 Reader’s Choice Favorite Restaurants & Chefs: AVEO Table + Bar
- Condé Nast Traveler 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards
#23 in Top Resorts in Southern California
- Orange County Register 2016 Best of the Best Awards
Restaurant of the Year, Stonehill Tavern
- Modern Luxury Orange County’s Best of the Best Awards 2016
#2 in Best Hotel Amenities
#4 in Best Hotels to Throw a Grand Event
#4 in Best Hotel Suites
#5 in Best Hotel Spas
#6 in Best Hotel Restaurant, Stonehill Tavern
- Golf Magazine Premier Resort Awards – 2016-2017
Golf Gold: Monarch Beach Golf Links
- Condé Nast Traveler 2016 Reader’s Choice Awards
Top 20: Best Luxury Kid-Friendly Hotels in U.S. and Caribbean
- OC Weekly 2016 Reader’s Choice Awards
Best Wedding Venue
Best Golf Course
- Celebrated Living’s Reader’s Choice Platinum List – Spring 2016
One of the Top Hotels and Resorts
Number of employees