Montage Los Cabos Mexico
Montage Los Cabos
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 12.5, Bahía Santa María, Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S. 23450
Date of Creation
May 31, 2018
Hotel General Manager
Marco Ortlam: With more than 23 years of experience in luxury hospitality, Ortlam joins Montage from The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company where he most recently held the position of General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands—a role that positioned him as a strategic business leader, spearheading the team and all operations.
5-star Luxury / Preferred
Montage Los Cabos is the first international property of Montage Hotels & Resorts. Located in a highly and competitive environment our goal is to become one of the top resorts in the destination.
MONTAGE LOS CABOS
History & Story
Erle Halliburton was among the world’s wealthiest men, he was a passionate yachtsman and angler who, in 1938, took David, his son, along on the maiden voyage of the Vida, a 160-foot yacht, en route from Corpus Christi, Texas., to Los Angeles. The Vida broke down rounding the tip of Baja, near Cabo San Lucas. Waiting for it to be repaired, David spent most of his time swimming in the Sea of Cortés. ”The kid’s a twin of a dolphin,” Erle is said to have observed. The crew began calling David the Twin Dolphin. As an adult, David Halliburton Sr. frequently returned to Baja to fish with friends including Baron Hilton, Dean Martin and John Wayne. David Sr. built the peninsula’s first upscale resort, the Twin Dolphin, in 1977. Ohana bought the land where Twin Dolphin resort was built and began the construction of Maravilla, Montage Los Cabos & Montage Los Cabos Residences for Montage International.
May 31, 2018
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Located on Santa Maria Bay, a Blue Flag Certified Swimming beach.
Santa Maria Bay, one of the few swimmable beaches in the area. 27 miles from San Jose del Cabo Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Arch, Marinas, Art Walk in San Jose del Cabo, Todos Santos (magic town), Surfing in the East Cape.
Due to our location, we are able to spot whales in season and we provide a mobula ray tour right from our beach. Daily kayak and snorkeling tours from the beach, as well as, many water sports are available.
Guests 5-12 years of age will love the blend of adventure and creativity they will experience at Paintbox, our activities-based children’s program. Children will enjoy thematically planned days that tie together arts and crafts, games and creative activities both indoors and out at the pool, beach, tide pool and events lawns. Paintbox activities are offered each day of the week in half-day and full-day sessions. For hourly care of little ones, babysitting services are available.
Number of suites:
• 26 including specialty suites (presidential suite, baja beach front suite, ocean view two-bedroom suite, townhouse)
Number of Luxury rooms:
• 3 Casas (5-bedroom Casa Cardon, 5-bedroom Casa Santa Maria and 3-bedroom Casa Twin Dolphin)
Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 122 (hotel rooms, suites and casas)
Restaurants & Bars
• Mezcal – Mezcal, our signature restaurant, is a modern-gastronomic journey featuring interpretations of Mexico’s culinary heritage. Paying homage to history and culture, the tasting menu ‘Mercados de Mexico’ showcases the best markets and wines in the country serving re-imagined cuisine with sophisticated techniques.
• Marea – An ocean front dining experience featuring Baja inspired and Mediterranean cuisine using the finest locally sourced ingredients, fresh seafood and international favorites. By night, enjoy wood fired prime meats and live entertainment that artfully blends in a majestic setting.
• Talay – Meaning “Sea” and inspired by its location, Talay is a “food truck” concept in an outdoor setting featuring authentic cuisine inspired by the street foods of Thailand.
• Paletas – A contemporary marketplace featuring Mexican sweets, sundries, and coffees. Refresh with a traditional paleta, one of our many sweet offerings while perusing locally crafted gifts, artwork and apparel.
• 12 treatment rooms, including two couple therapy rooms
• Adult only, semi-Olympic size Serenity Pool featuring eight cabanas
• 24-hour fitness center, Movement Studio featuring yoga and guided meditation classes
• Complimentary access to Spa facilities including jacuzzi, cold plunge and steam room
• Hair and nail salon
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Over 30,000 sq. ft. of indoor / outdoor event space including direct beach access and multiple ocean view lawns
• 3,050 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom with its own 4,750 sq. ft. event lawn
• 1,400 sq. ft. Gallery Ballroom with its own 900 sq. ft. event lawn
• Two 6,000 sq. ft. event lawns overlooking Santa Maria Bay
Extra Notable Features
• Complimentary activities include: guided snorkeling adventure, kayaking and paddle board sunrise tours and tennis clinics
• Access to Twin Dolphin Club (18-course golf course by Fred Couples)
• Complimentary use of non-motorized water sports equipment
• Montage Expeditions including glamping, biking and hiking
• Mixology Classes and Culinary Lessons
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Montage Los Cabos Named Five-Star Hotel and Spa In Forbes Travel Guide’s 2020 Star Awards
2020 Ultimate Intuitive Service Award, Island Destinations
2019 Spa & Wellness MexiCaribe Awards, Best Luxury Resort Spa
Platinum List Awards, American Airlines’ Celebrated Living magazine’s – Best Sporting Resorts
Best Virtuoso Newcomer: Montage Los Cabos
Travel + Leisure World’s Best Resorts in Mexico
2019 Architectural Awards Embrace Innovative Workspaces and Community Engagement
Travel + Leisure’s 2019 It List
Twin Dolphin Golf Course, World’s Second Best Development by Golf, Inc.
Preferred Awards of Excellence, New Hotel of the Year – Resort
Conde Nast Traveler’s 2019 Hot List
AFAR’s Stay List
Organic Spa Magazine, 2019 Top Ten Wellness Travel Awards
Conde Nast Traveller Middle East Hot List
Number of employees