Park Hyatt New York
Park Hyatt New York
153 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019, USA
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
General Manager Park Hyatt New York & Area Vice President Luxury and Lifestyle Brands has a storied 10-year career with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, most recently working with Hyatt’s corporate support team as Vice President of Operational Experiences for Park Hyatt, Andaz, Centric and Unbound Collection brands.
Park Hyatt New York is the flagship hotel of the globally recognized Park Hyatt brand.
History & Story
With an ideal location in Midtown, Park Hyatt New York promotes a curated journey through one of the world’s most coveted destinations. Unwind in your spacious guestroom or suite, featuring elegant artwork, designer furnishings, and modern features. When you’re seeking relaxation, take a swim in the indoor saltwater pool or exercise in the state-of-the-art fitness centre. Take advantage of iPads and laptops in the hotel study to quickly cover any work commitments. Our signature restaurant, which is being renovated and will reopen in January 2017, features innovative American cuisine, while the Living Room offers creative cocktails coupled with views of Carnegie Hall.
Opened in August 2014 designed by design firm Yabu Pushelberg.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Global Flagship hotel features 210 generously sized guest rooms including 92 suites, designed by Yabu Pushelberg. Park Hyatt New York includes the largest entry room size out of any hotel in New York at 475 square feet with floor-to-ceiling windows and the majority of deluxe rooms spanning 530 square feet.
When you’re looking to discover the city, many of the top sights from Central Park to the Museum of Modern Art are located just a short distance from our hotel. Located in the heart of midtown at 153 West 57th street between 6th Avenue and Seventh Avenue.
Key sites/activities in the area
Located at 153 West 57th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues, Park Hyatt New York has a prime location within walking distance from Central Park, as well as its position across from Carnegie Hall. Walking distance to Broadway, Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center and 5th Avenue Shopping.
• Unparalleled collection of 350 museum-quality pieces of artwork throughout the property, including 10 pieces commission for the hotel
• Park Hyatt New York partners with New York cultural icons such as Central Park Conservancy, MoMA, Carnegie Hall and Sotheby’s, providing an authentic and elite New York experience
• Underwater Sound System in the Pool with a soundtrack composed by Carnegie Hall
• Spa Nalai, Park Hyatt New York’s atelier spa, has joined forces with New York City’s premier meditation studio, MNDFL, to introduce MNDFL In Residence.
• Our colleagues hail from all over the world with 30 languages spoken in our hotel (and growing!)
• Four Les Clefs d’Or (Golden Keys) on property, Regena Falling, Michael Sinatra, Amanda Coletta, and Rafael Susana
Collaborated with Phaidon, the premier global publisher of the creative arts, presents ‘Feed Your Mind,’ our children’s amenities program. The program offers young guests nourishment for mind, body and soul through Phaidon’s unique children’s books. Through this thoughtful initiative, the five-star luxury hotel’s youngest guests will encounter Phaidon’s groundbreaking children’s books throughout their stay. At check-in, children will be presented with a Phaidon children’s activity pack inspired by the recent release Can I Eat That? by Joshua David Stein. The pack serves as an invitation for children to experience the cornerstone of the program: tableside book service in Park Hyatt New York’s signature restaurant.
• Park Hyatt New York features 210 sophisticated guestrooms, including 92 premier suites, all with floor-to-ceiling windows and nestled within the first 25 floors of the iconic, 90-story One57 skyscraper, designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Christian de Portzamparc.
• At 475 square feet, the standard rooms at Park Hyatt New York is among the largest in New York City and the majority of deluxe rooms will span 530 square feet.
• Art enthusiasts can enjoy a collection of 350 gallery-worthy artworks showcased throughout the property, with at least 10 pieces designed specifically for Park Hyatt New York.
• Park Hyatt New York offers Tubereuse 40 bath amenities by Le Labo Fragrances.
Restaurants & Bars
The Living Room
Unwind and relax at The Living Room, intended to emulate the residential feel of a New York City apartment. Sip a craft cocktail concocted by our mixologists, savor a glass of champagne before an event, and sample our signature drinks. Complement your beverage of choice with light bites and delectable pastries including the signature éclair. The Living Room also serves full breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The hotel’s spa, Spa Nalai, features six all-inclusive treatment suites as well as private outdoor balconies. Inspired by sister Park Hyatt spas around the world, Spa Nalai offers a unique menu of international treatments that change seasonally and include custom services. Incorporating precious ingredients sourced across the globe, Park Hyatt New York’s spa treatments indulge the most discerning guests and be tailored to meet a wide variety of travellers’ needs, from addressing minor ailments to providing medical-grade services.
Park Hyatt New York’s breathtaking three-story aerie features a steam room, hot tub, private changing rooms and indoor saltwater swimming pool with underwater speakers playing an exclusive soundtrack from Carnegie Hall.
MNDFL, New York City’s first premiere meditation studio, located in Greenwich Village, has partnered with Park Hyatt New York to offer guests a new experience to promote wellness of the mind with sessions focused on: Breath. Intentions. Heart. Sleep.
Corporate & Celebration Events
New York City Meeting and Event Venues
Select the perfect space for your Manhattan meeting or event at Park Hyatt New York. We offer one cosmopolitan ballroom, along with a series of rooms known as the Residences, each with a sophisticated yet functional atmosphere. With creative catering services and one-of-a-kind décor, each venue offers exceptional experiences.
Distinguished Meetings in the Heart of Manhattan
For unparalleled business functions, boardroom meetings, and more, Park Hyatt New York is the place to host a one-of-a-kind meeting in Manhattan. Our professional planning team will assist with every step of the process, from artful menus to room setup and beyond, as you transform your vision into reality. Immerse yourself within interiors that blend the stylish with the functional, full of luxury furnishings and settings that sparkle. Host a lavish affair within the ballroom, or opt for a meeting in a state-of-the-art boardroom, with three breakout rooms available. Elevate your meeting from ordinary to extraordinary at Park Hyatt New York.
Exceptional New York City Events
Host a glamorous reception, large-scale banquet, or the gathering that everyone will be talking about time and time again at Park Hyatt New York, with a coveted location in Manhattan. Our cosmopolitan spaces encompass 8,000 sq ft of space from which you can choose your venue of choice, whether it’s a stately ballroom or outdoor terrace with stunning city views.
Our world-class catering complements the stunning settings for your New York City meeting or event, with artful menus crafted by our signature restaurant team and customized to your unique preferences. Cuisine is locally sourced with an emphasis on fresh fare. Whether you’re looking to host a multi-course dinner, a themed buffet, or dining using kosher menus, we’re equipped to meet each of your requests. Our hotel also features an elegant show kitchen located in the pre-function space, perfect for cooking demonstrations or preparing and serving hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and wine.
Extra Notable Features
Park Hyatt Masters of Food and Wine: Park Hyatt Masters of Food & Wine is a series of sophisticated culinary and beverage experiences hosted at all Park Hyatt locations. Through engaging and interactive events, area residents and visiting gourmands can engage with our award-winning chefs, sommeliers, and specialists.
Exclusive access to Park Hyatt New York’s partners: MoMa, Barneys New York, Carnegie Hall, Central Park Conservancy, Friends of Finn and Sotheby’s.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
- 2019 Elite Traveler Top 100 Hotel
- 2018 Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- 2018 Most Luxurious Hotels, Forbes Travel Guide Verified List
- 2018 AAA Five Diamond Award
- 2018 Readers’ Choice Award, Conde Nast Traveler
- 2017 Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- 2017 AAA Five Diamond Award
- 2017 Traveler’s Choice Award, AFAR Magazine
- Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- 2016 AAA Five Diamond Award
- 2016 #1 Best New York City Hotel, U.S. News & World Report
- 2015 Readers’ Choice Award, Conde Nast Traveler
- 2015 Best Luxury Spa, Harper’s Bazaar
- 2015 Best of Award of Excellence, The Back Room, Wine Spectator
Number of employees
Approximately 325 employees