Pendry San Diego USA
Pendry San Diego
550 J St. San Diego, CA 92101
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Victorio Gonzalez, General Manager of Pendry San Diego is in charge of overseeing all daily operations. Victorio has been with Montage hotels since 2003 and been instrumental in growing the Montage and Pendry Brand. Most recently he was Resort Manager at the Montage Los Cabos.
5-Star Luxury; Montage Hotels & Resorts
San Diego is home to the flagship Pendry Hotel, which was a brand new build from the ground up and opened in February 2017. Shortly after, we opened Sagamore Pendry Baltimore. We are currently slated to open two to three new properties per year beginning in 2020 with Pendry West Hollywood, followed by Pendry Manhattan West, Pendry Natirar, Pendry Park City, and Pendry in Washington, D.C.
PENDRY SAN DIEGO
History & Story
Born into the lineage of Montage Hotels & Resorts, Pendry instinctively values flawless service and unrivaled experiences. Each Pendry expresses the unique spirit of its locale, so that our discerning guests can discover what makes it special. Pendry San Diego is the flagship property of the Pendry brand, and we are confident that we possess a sense of place here in San Diego.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
We refer to Pendry as ‘new luxury’ with polished comfort and modern edge. Pendry elevates design and service for the luxury traveler, with captivating destinations, artful environments and attentive service. From refreshing welcome cocktails to memorable moments throughout guest stays, we balance service with thoughtful attention to detail with guests’ desire for independence in mind.
Downtown San Diego is a thriving, pedestrian friendly pocket of California where coast meets city. Pendry San Diego resides in the Gaslamp Quarter, a central and historic neighborhood home to a bustling mix of restaurants, shops, and nightlife.
Key sites/activities in the area
• San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, USS Midway Museum, Cabrillo National Monument
• Two blocks from Petco Park (Padres baseball stadium) for baseball games and musical performances
• Three blocks from the San Diego Convention Center
• Pendry San Diego is the home of the first Moet & Chandon champagne vending machine in California
• We have a Taylor Guitar ‘stay and strum’ program where guests can have complimentary access to a Taylor guitar during their stay
• Guests have complimentary use of our personalized/Pendry branded Sector 9 skateboards during their stay
• We have a Cadillac Ride and Drive Program where guests can borrow a Cadillac during their stay
We do not have a program for kids but we are very family friendly, can guarantee connecting rooms at the time of booking, put kid’s amenities in room before arrival (kid’s tent and toys), and we have a game room on the side of Nason’s Beer Hall that is full of games for both kids and adults.
Number of suites: 36
• Executive suites (9): large, open studio with a sitting area and views of the city skyline. 548 square feet, featuring a king bed, wet bar, dual sink vanity, and some of them come with a deep soaking tub.
• Corner one bedroom suites (5): 650 square feet, views of the San Diego skyline, featuring a separate living area and bedroom space. 180 degree city views from the bedroom. Dual sink vanity and two head showers.
• Deluxe one bedroom suite (11): 650 square feet, separate living area, wet bar, four seat dining area. Single sink vanity and three head shower.
• Grand one bedroom suite (8): 670 square foot grand suite featuring a separate living area. Bedroom has 180 degree view of the bay and city, with a king sized bed and a single sink vanity, and three head shower.
• Pool suite (1): 1,082 square foot, cabana pool suite provides direct access to the pool. Full kitchen with a six seat dining area for entertaining. The bedroom has 180 degree views of the Gaslamp quarter and paired with a spacious bathroom with a dual sink marble vanity, and two head shower with soaking tub.
• Pendry suite (1): our largest and most luxurious suite at 1,497 square feet, the pendry suite offers the most expansive views of the city. With 180 degree views of the Gaslamp quarter and 180 degree views of the city skyline from the bedroom. Dual vanity sink, two-head shower, and soaking tub.
• Superior Room (40)– 350 square feet, one king bed or two queen beds, with ocean-inspired palettes and chic designs.
• Deluxe Room (116)– 350 square feet, one king bed or two queen beds, overlooking downtown san diego
• Premier room (98)– 350 square feet, one king bed or two queens, views of the city skyline
• Grand room (28)– 350 square feet, one king bed, views of the San Diego bay
• 317 in total
Restaurants & Bars
• Provisional Kitchen, Cafe & Mercantile– a restaurant-marketplace hybrid featuring seasonal fare and gourmet takeaway options. Guests can use their breakfast credit here or in-room dining.
• Fifth & Rose– a classic cocktail bar in an elegant, chic, and comfortable space. A classic setting for a fitting drink, it is a place to engage in conversation, enjoy bar fare, and linger over the perfect cocktail.
• Lionfish– Executive Chef Jojo Ruiz. Driven by seasonal, local ingredients, Lionfish serves as modern coastal cuisine with fresh catches and prime cuts.
• Nason’s Beer Hall features an expansive selection of local and international beers, globally inspired comfort food, and vintage bar games.
• The Pool House is a premier rooftop lounge that boasts some of the best views in the Gaslamp Quarter, with signature cocktails and poolside dishes from Executive Chef, JoJo Ruiz.
• Oxford Social Club is an underground ultra lounge that welcomes guests with a lively scene, expertly curated music, exceptional service, and an extensive craft cocktail program.
• Full-service spa featuring a couple’s suite. Open daily from 9am-7pm.
• 24 hour fitness center
• Rooftop pool and hot tub available to hotel guests daily from 9am-9pm and pool is heated year-round.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 35,000 square feet of meeting and function space
• 8,400 square foot grand ballroom
• 2,700 square foot gallery ballroom
• 4 meeting rooms ranging from 600 to 1400 square feet
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2019 U.S. News & World Report : No. 2 best hotel in San Diego, No. 5 best hotel in California, No. 24 best hotel in America
• Conde Nast Traveler : reader’s choice no. 4 of the top 24 hotels in Southern California
• Travel + Leisure World’s Best : no. 86, top 100 hotels in the world
• Lionfish was awarded ‘Best Hotel Restaurant’ by Ranch and Coast Magazine
• 2018 Conde Nast Traveler Hot List
• Conde Nast Traveler Top 15 Best Hotels in San Diego
• Taste of Gaslamp : Best Cuisine- Lionfish
• San Diego Magazine : Best Hotel Restaurant- Lionfish
• Modern Luxury : Best Hotel Bar- Fifth & Rose
Number of employees