Sofitel Mexico City Reforma Mexico
Sofitel Mexico City Reforma
Av. Paseo de la Reforma 297, Cuauhtemoc 06500
Mexico City, Mexico
SOFITEL MEXICO CITY REFORMA
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Regional Vice President Cuba – Accorhotels
Cluster General Manager 2 Sofitel – Sofitel Malabo Palace and Malabo Sipopo
General Manager – Sofitel Sipopo Guinea Ecuatorial
General Manager (Pre-opening | Opening)
We are thrilled with the recent opening of Sofitel Mexico City Reforma having the purpose of establishing itself as the highest expression of French modern luxury in the city. We offer unique experiences to our guests thanks to the subtle fusion with the very best of both cultures.
History & Story
Sofitel Mexico City Reforma is the first French hotel in the city and it is located in the heart of Mexico City’s historic Reforma Avenue, Sofitel Mexico City Reforma will experience a chic French style while submerging in the vibrant and lively Mexican culture and heritage by being just steps away from iconic monuments as the Angel of Independence and the Castle of Chapultepec.
New Opening – November 2019
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Guests visiting Sofitel Mexico City Reforma for business can take advantage of our fully designed meeting rooms as well as the hotel’s convenient location within walking distance of the city’s thriving business district. Meeting planners and event teams will revel in the beauty of our 40th floor ballroom, which showcases floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the city’s awe-inspiring surroundings. And for our leisure guests, those looking for a tranquil escape from the bustling streets of Mexico City, we will delight them in the serene atmosphere of Sofitel’s lavishly appointed spa with L´Occitane, followed by enjoying a fun time at our luxurious 38th floor pool and finishing in any of our 3 bars and 2 restaurants, all with unique flavors and creative culinary expressions. Whether looking for spirited cocktails in the 38th floor bar Cityzen or an elevated gastronomic exploration in our fine dining restaurant Bajel with our mexican Chef Luis Escamilla. We truly have something for every style of dining.
Due to its strategic location on the corner of Rio Danubio Street and Reforma, next to the US Embassy, Sofitel Mexico City Reforma has the most exclusive views, from the Angel of Independence to Castillo de Chapultepec.
In the heart of one of the most attractive districts of the city, Sofitel Mexico City Reforma is located in a wonderful area with a brilliant architectural deployment, squares and monuments.
Our Concierge team will recommend you the most attractive sites, assisting you in coordinating excursions, activities, ticket purchase or transportation to the most entertaining attractions in Mexico City.
Key sites/activities in the area
• 8 miles from Benito Juarez International Airport (MEX)
• 3.2 miles from the Historic Center
• 1.2 miles from Castillo de Chapultepec
• 3.7 miles from Polanco
• 8.6 miles from Coyoacan
The entrance of the hotel is the original façade of one grand home that lined Reforma in the 30’s and that now embraces a speak-easy bar that will invite the guests to feel local. At the inside of the hotel, the interior design gives to the feeling of being at the right place in the right time with a perfect combination of bright colors, natural textures and modern accents.
We will not have a specific area for kids activities, however at check in we will provide them of special « Little Prince » amenities to enjoy during their stay.
• Number of suites: 56
• Number of Luxury rooms: 71
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 148
Restaurants & Bars
• BAJEL – Mexican cuisine. Fine dinning restaurant (only dinners)
• BALTA – Mediterranean with smoky touch . All day dinning restaurant
• FREEHOUSE BAR – Speakeasy bar located inside the old house overlooking Reforma Avenue
• LOBBY BAR – Relaxed area for coffee or cocktails.
• CITYZEN BAR – Located on the 38th floor, this bar offers the best views of the city !
• Sofitel Spa with L´Occitane – The Spa at Sofitel Mexico City Reforma combines local pre-Hispanic traditions with innovative treatments and French flare to create an ideal space to revitalize, rest and recharge in Mexico City. Located on the 39th floor this spa has 5 cabins with the best views of Paseo de la Reforma. Services include: Massage services, Body treatments, Steam bath and Couple’s massages.
• Sofitel Fitness – offers a luxury gym experience for guests in need of the ultimate wellness experience. Located on the 38th floor, Sofitel Fitness features state-of-the art equipment including Technogym. Train with personalized exercise routines, modern cardio equipment, yoga mats, free weights and everything needed to attain peak performance while achieving desired fitness results.
• Pool – Plunge in and enjoy views of Mexico City’s breathtaking skyline from the 38th floor pool with floor-to-ceiling windows. Sit and relax in one of the lounge areas, surrounded by soothing living green walls, or melt into the relaxing hot tub while soaking in awe-inspiring views. With its convenient location next to Cityzen bar, hotel guests can enjoy easy access to the pool while enjoying a cocktail at the city’s newest elevated bar experience.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Versailles – Located on the 40th floor with 450 m2 and capacity of 350 PAX
• Louvre – Located on the 13th floor with 140 m2 and capacity of 60 PAX
• Montmartre – Located inside the ClubMilesime on the 37th floor with 48 m2 and capacity of 10 PAX
• Vendome – Located on the 13th floor with 27 m2 and capacity of 15 PAX
Extra Notable Features
• Club Milesime – VIP/Business Lounge on 37th floor. Access for: ALL (Accor Live Limitless) members, Guests staying in suites or guests paying 120 USD++ per night.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Number of employees