The Green O United States
The Green O
4069 Backcountry Road, Greenough,
Montana 59823, United States
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Steve Hurst, managing Director. With much luxury hotel experience previously, Steve adds The Green O to his prestigious list of hotels he has previously worked for. Pebble Beach Company, The Allison Inn and Spa, The Heathman and Shalishan Spa and Golf Resort.
Forbes 4 Star
THE GREEN O
History & Story
On land that was a patchwork of homesteads, fields and woods, a scion by the name of Paul Greenough established a ranch here in about 1915. Unlike his father, a wealthy businessman in the mining and timber industries, Greenough wanted to be a rancher.
After acquiring the original 3,800 acres, he stocked herds of sheep, cattle and horses. A man with a well-known sense of humor, Greenough decided to brand his sheep by painting them with a big green “O.” Years later, the town of Greenough was named in his honor.Throughout the 20th century, the property was owned by several ranchers, including Land and Jon Lindbergh, sons of the celebrated aviator. The current owners purchased the land in 1997 and expanded the property to a total of 37,000 deeded and leased acres. It’s now a working cattle and bison ranch, as well as the home of two resorts, The Resort at Paws Up and the Green O.
Hotel opening August 2020
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Sophisticated Montana Woodland Hideway- luxury resort in the woodlands of Montana. 12 individually appointed luxury modern homes with it’s own exclusive restaurant and concierge on The Resort at Paws Up’s 37,000 acre ranch.
Near The Resort at Paws Up, set in the beautiful woodland area of Greenough, Montana
Key sites/activities in the area
All activities take place on the 37,000 acres of privately owned land- Life is simpler at the green o, yet invitingly complex. You have time to slow down to discover activities that give you a rush. You’ll forget what it’s like to feel stressed, and you’ll become a little more in tune with your own inner fears. From following the river’s edge on the back of a horse to rappelling down the side of a 170-foot rock face, these are the joys of a Montana getaway. Here, you can escape the world and come home to each other.
The Green O is The Resort at Paws Up’s adult-only woodland hideaway. Guests of The Green O have access to everything that The Resort at Paws Up has to offer with the luxury of retreating back to their own resort for adults 21+. The Green O guests will have access to all of The Resort at Paws Up’s special events and will have exclusive special events of their own, for the most intimate expériences with some of the best chefs, winemakers, and musicians in the world.
Adults only property unless completly bought by 1 group
• Number of Luxury rooms:12 luxury homes (4 designs called the Green Haus, Tree Haus, Light Haus, and Round Haus)
• one bedroom ultra sleek, luxury homes, 800-1,200 square feet, Woodland/ forest views
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 12
• 1 king bedroom, private outdoor space with fireplaces & hot tub, kitchen living room, dining area, deep soaking tub and rain shower in bathroom, smart tvs
Restaurants & Bars
• The Social Haus
• All inclusive of all three meals per day, a house selection of beer wine & liqour with lunch and dinner. Guests of The Green O will have access to all of The Resort at Paws Up’s dining venues.
• Open fire cooking, local Montana fare, farm to table, tasting menus, Pacific North-West inspired cuizine
• Chef Brandon Cunningham
• In accomodation spa treatments or access to The Resort at Paws Up Spa
• Yoga & wellness programming offered
Corporate and celebration events:
Guest capacity : 24
Extra notable features:
• Fly-fishing, river rafting, river float, lake adventures, canoeing, paddle boarding, jet skiing, wake boarding, water skiing, speed boating, culinary experiences, wine tasting, live music, painting classes, photography classes, cooking class, jewlrey making,
•Horse back riding, cattle drive, cow croquet, rodeo, mustang horses,
•Hiking, biking, skyline aerial adventure, hot air balloon, Sporting clays, archery, .22 rifle range, e-bikes
•Snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snow mobiling, skating, curling, tubing, sledding, skijoring, dog sledding
Number of employees