The Langham Huntington Pasadena United States
The Langham Huntington Pasadena
1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue, Pasadena, California, 91106
Langham Hospitality Group
Date of Creation
June 12, 2019
Hotel General Manager
Paul Leclerc, Managing Director – Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the resort. Responsibilities include all aspects of the operation, including both guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, and revenue generation and delivering a return on intvestment to Langham Hospitality Group. Oversees The Langham brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
4 Star Luxury Resort
Maintaining the luxury product to be a preferred hotel in Pasadena/ Los Angeles.
THE LANGHAM HUNTINGTON PASADENA
History & Story
The Langham Huntington Pasadena was established in 2008 after The Langham Hospitality Group bought it from The Ritz Carlton. It is surrounded by history dating back to the early 1900s. The resort has been managed by several different owners over the years but continues to keep the historical character and charm throughout the property. The hotel first opened in 1907 as Hotel Wentworth but unfortunately was never fully completed thus causing it to fail. The railroad mogul Henry Huntington bought this property in 1911 with assistance from Myron Hunt, famous Los Angeles architect, and they opened The Huntington Hotel in 1914. Throughout the 1920s, the hotel served as a winter resort for those travellers and guests coming from the east coast. It was later sold in 1985 to the Sheraton Corporation and then later opened under the ownership of The Ritz Carlton, which remained the owner until 2008. The hotel is mentioned in many classic movies including ‘’Seabiscuit’’, ‘’Saving Mr. Banks’’, and ‘’The Bachelorette’’. The resort’s famous restaurants ‘’The Royce’’ and ‘’The Taproom’’ have become favorites to local guests and residents.
- 2014 – $4 million renovation, Chuan Spa Pasadena.
- 2010 – The Langham invests millions into The Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse, The Tap Room, and five of the hotel’s eight cottages.
Date added extensions
- 2008 – The Langham Hospitality Group purchased the resort from The Ritz Carlton.
- 2010 – millions invested into updating and creating Chuan Spa
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Langham Huntington is famously known for keeping a timeless and classic environment. This resort offers guests an elegant getaway in the busy cities of Los Angeles. Keeping the history alive has been a key factor in the hotel’s success with its grand chandeliers, wood carved furniture, and magnificant art pieces.
Pasadena, California – The Langham Huntington is close to top dining, shopping (Americana at Brand, The Grove, Beverly Hills, Fairfax), sports venues (Rose Bowl), The Norton Simon Museum, and The Huntington Library. The resort offers a complimentary shuttle which can pick up and drop off guests within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.
Key sites/activities in the area
Some of the famous sites and attractions that are close by include Rose Bowl Stadium, The Americana at Brand, L.A. Live, Norton Simon Museum, Universal City Walk, Descanso Gardens, and Greek Theatre.
Downtown Los Angeles is a short drive away to where guests can find several restaurants and attractions including Grand Central Market, LACMA, The Broad, and The Walt Disney Concert Hall.
-The resort is built on 23 acres and includes beautiful landscapes including the Wentworth Garden, Horseshoe Garnden, and Japanese Garden.
-The Langham Huntington was the first to have an Olympic sized pool but it was shortened after guests were caught jumping off the bridge into the pool.
The Langham Huntington offers a Kids Program. All children 12 and under will receive a teddy bear backpack which includes : crayons and a coloring book, The Langham newsletter, complimentary kid’s dinner at The Terrace Restaurant, and a complimentary chocolate bar from our Gift Boutique.
There is also a fun passport children can collect at the beginning of the stay which encourages them to complete fun activities for stickers. At the end of their checkout, they can turn in their completed passport for a fun prize.
The Langham Huntington also offers seasonal children’s activities including Children’s Afternoon Tea with Wedgewood on Sundays and Children’s Tea Events – specifically designed for children.
The Langham Stations is a newly designed activity zone specifically for younger children that includes games like Checkers, Chess, and Mini Golf. There are also multiple team building games that will be offered including Tennis, Flag Football, and Soccer. It will remain open during the daytime from 9 :00am to 8 :00am beginning Memorial Day and ending Labor Day.
379 total rooms, 38 Classic Suites, 8 Private Cottages, 1 two bedroom, two story suite
- Deluxe Room
Spacious and sophisticated, complemented by the views of the hotels grounds or the nearby San Gabriel Mountains. A soothing palette is balanced with dark textiles and plush carpeting to create a welcoming environment. This room includes classic European style furnishings and an Italian marble bathroom evoke a sense of timeless style. Located on the 1st – 6th
- Deluxe Patio Room
Located only on the first floor, these rooms are highlighted with floor to ceiling doors which open up a shared patio. Unwind with elegant furnishings and views of the hotel grounds.
- Deluxe Premier Room
Includes handcrafted furniture, textiles, and signature amenities. Each room is accented by large windows that bring in the warm light of the outdoors with views of Pasadena.
- Lanai Room
Located in our Lanai building, these rooms offer beautiful views of the pool. With beautiful shades of beige, this room includes large French doors which open up with a private balcony or patio. These rooms also include a large Blissful bed and full Italian marble.
- Cottage Rooms
Enjoy your own private, peaceful sanctuary. Located in a building separate from the main building, these are our largest guest rooms and closer to the gardens and tennis courts.
- Cottage Suites
There are several cottages throughout the hotel grounds. These rooms are newly renovated but also keep the classic European elegance. Each cottage is warm and inviting which a furnished master bedroom, separate living room, and fill Italian marble. Each cottage has its own unique view of the beautiful hotel gardens and grounds.
- Executive Club Room
Located only on the 7th and 8th floors, these newly renovated rooms bring peace and privacy together while also providing a relaxing ambiance. When staying in these rooms, guests have access to The Langham Club, which is exclusively for Club guests.
- Executive Club Suite
Newly enhanced, one bedroom suite located on the 7th and 8th The master bedroom and living room are separated by elegant French doors.
- One Bedroom Huntington Suite
Chic and timeless. This one bedroom suite offers views of hotel gardens from the bedroom and a separate living room area.
- Clara Vista Presidential Suite
This newly enhanced suite is located on the upper level of one of our cottages which includes large living room area, high wood beam ceilings, dining room, wet bar, and furnished outdoor patio. It is perfect for intimate receptions and small events.
- Tournament of Roses Suite
Located only on the 8th floor, this two story penthouse includes 360 degree views of Horseshoe Gardens, San Marino, and San Gabriel Mountains. It has one master bedroom, one guest bedroom, and bathrooms with Jacuzzi bathtubs. A full sized kitchen, hand carved wood furniture, rich textiles, and hardwood floors are also included. The downstairs living room offers a baby grand piano which allows guests to entertain small parties. All guests who stay in this suite have access to The Langham Club.
Restaurants & Bars
- The Royce – Wood –Fired Steakhouse : Stunning views of the Horseshoe Gardens with seating near the glass-enclosed veranda or experience relaxed, communal dining at the Chef’s table. There are two wine rooms (Red and White) for a more intimate desitination experience for pre and post dinner drinks. Chef’s Table can seat up to 8 and includes a personalized seven course tasting menu with fine cuts of steak and selected seafood.
*Best of Award of Excellence – Wine Spectator USA 2017
*2017 Pasadena Award, Restaurants Category – Pasadena Award Program, 2017
- The Terrace serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily as well as a breakfast buffet and Dim Sum Sunday Brunch. The outdoor patio offers dining with views of the famous Picture Bridge and pool. There is a private dining room for seating up to 16, for smaller intimate gatherings.
- The Tap Room is inspired by the original hotel bar in the 1930s and includes handmade cocktails, eclectic wine selection, beers from around the world, and innovative bar food.
- The Langham Club – Exclusively for guests who stay on the 7th and 8th floor, this club is located on the 8th floor of the main building. Guests can enjoy concierge services, computer access, and a variety selection of newspapers and magazines. Both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks are served all day long. Each member is also offered five food and beverage presentations throughout the day including a continental breakfast, light snacks, afternoon tea, Hors d’ œuvres and cocktails, and cordials and after-dinner sweets.
- The Chuan Spa features 12 treatment rooms including a couple’s suite and VIP suite, lockers, showers, sauna, herbal steam, whirpool, fitness center, and full service salon. The Chuan Spa offers signature treatments influenced by Traditional Chinese Medicine and cutting edge skin care technology. Our partners include Kerstin Florian, HydraFacial MD, Comfort Zone and Hydropeptide.
*Best Hotel and Spa – Pasadena Award Program, 2017
*Best Day Spa for Men – Los Angeles Magazine, 2016
*Best Spa Destinations Around the World #2 – Robb Report, 2016
*Best Hotel & Spa – Pasadena Award Program, 2016
- The Fitness Center offers complimetary state of the art TechnoGym equipment, utilizing innovative technology, superb design, and quality equipment. The center also includes personal training, scheduled fitness classes such as yoga, pilates, Tai Chi, and interval training as well as steam room.
- The Swimming Pool is heated year-round and is the most agreeable facility on the property. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, relax by the pool and enjoy delicious bites and signature cocktails from The Hideaway Pool Bar. Guests may also play bocce ball, croquet, badminton, corn hole, and Frisbee golf.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- The Huntington Ballroom – Capacity : 1,000
- The Viennese Ballroom – Capacity : 450
- Salon I, II, III – Capacity : 400
- The Georgian Ballroom – Capacity : 200
- Horseshoe Garden – Capacity : 800
- The Courtyard – Capacity : 150
- The Wentworth Garden – Capacity : 24
*Most Instagrammable Places in California – Smart Meetings, 2018
*Bronze Badge, Wedding Destination – WeddingWire, 2017
*Editor’s Pick for Best Hotel Wedding Venue – WeddingWire, 2016
Extra Notable Features
- Tennis as The Langham includes beginners and Wimbledon champions who will love our two floodlit courts. Lessons and rentals are offered to guests of the hotel.
- Enjoy a bike ride through the scenic residential areas of Pasadena and San Marino which is just on the outskirts of the hotel. There are plenty local shops and quick bites to ride to in the local area.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Best of L.A. Food and Drink East : Best Afternoon Tea – LAWEEKLY
- Best Hotel, Best Sunday Brunch – PASADENA WEEKLY
- Earthcheck Gold Certification – EARTHCHECK
- Forbes Four Star Hotel – FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE
- 8 Historic Grand Hotels in the U.S. West #1 – OYSTER.COM
- Most Instagrammable Places in California – SMART MEETINGS
- Historic Grand Hotels in the U.S. West #4 – USA TODAY
- Best Hotels in Los Angeles #12 – US NEWS + WORLD REPORT
- Best in the World Readers’ Choice Awards #15 in Top Hotels in LA – CONDE NAST TRAVELER
- Forbes Four Star Hotel – FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE
- Best Hotels in Los Angeles #10 – US NEWS + WORLD REPORT
- Best of Award Excellence, The Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse – WINE SPECTATOR USA
- Reader’s Choice : Best Hotel – San Gabriel Valley News Group
- 2017 Pasadena Award, Restaurants, The Royce Steakhouse – PASADENA AWARD PROGRAM
- Reader’s Choice #1 Best Hotel – Social Superstars Awards
- Top 100 Luxury Hotels – HOTELS.COM
- Wedding Destination Bronze Badge – WEDDINGWIRE
- Corporate Travel Aware 2017, Hotels Category – Corporate Travel Awards
Number of employees