The Lodge at Blue Sky USA
The Lodge at Blue Sky
27649 Old Lincoln Hwy, Wanship UT 84017,
Auberge Resorts Collection
Date of Creation
May 1 2019
Hotel General Manager
The Lodge at Blue Sky
History & Story
The Lodge at Blue Sky invites guests to slow down and forge meaningful connections with the land, animals and people that call Blue Sky home. Owners Mike and Barb Phillips are genuine stewards of the earth. Together they have designed six mediums through which guests can reconnect with the natural world: The understated elegance & organic architecture of Blue Sky’s accommodations ; mountain modern cuisine using harvested and local ingredients ; an iconic wellness sanctuary ; corporate & social events with an authentic western backdrop ; High West whiskey distillery, crafting small batch whiskey from grain to glass ; and curated activities for guests of all ages.
New Build – Opening date – May 1, 2019
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Lodge at Blue Sky will create bespoke itineraries for each guest, filled with adventures, dining, spa, heli adventures and more.
Blue Sky sits on 3,300 acres of pristine Utah wilderness, just 25 minutes from historic Park City and 45 minutes from Salt Lake City international airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Summertime activities include our horseback riding program, hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing, sporting clays, and indoor/outdoor yoga. Some activities can be combined.
Wintertime activities include snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snow cat tours, back country downhill skiing and snowboarding, winter sporting clays, winter fly fishing. Heli skiing can be arranged as the heli being can land right on Blue Sky’s property.
Most of the animals at Blue Sky are rescue animals, specifically horses and cattle. Barb Phillips, one of our owners, is passionately committed to animal rescue and has a foundation called Saving Gracies which aims to either rescue, rehabilitate or help older animals to retire in a supportive, healthy, dignified way. She works with a method of natural horsemanship called Vaquero which is incredibly gentle, and which works with the natural energies and personalities of the animals.
Little Vaqueros ; Our younger guests (ages 4-12) will enjoy daily themed excursions tailored to their age group. Younger guests are encouraged to interact with the horses, cows, and chickens that call Blue Sky home, and to get reacquainted with nature.
- Number of suites: 37
- Number of Luxury rooms: 9
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 46
Restaurants & Bars
- Yuta – Located in the Sky Lodge and features elevated mountain cuisine which celebrates organic meats, fish & vegetables, many of which are locally sourced or harvested on site. Bar & Lounge – 21 and older only, offering lighter fare and signature crafted cocktails. High West Distillery – Produces world-class whiskey which guests can enjoy for tastings and tours; the Refectory in the Distillery will feature lunch Wednesday to Saturday, Sunday brunch and Thursday-night supper club for dinner.
- Edge House – perched on the edge of a butte with views that gaze out over the lush property and into the deep plunging valley below. Boasting 5 luxurious treatment rooms, the space is deeply connected to the land, thereby provides an enriching experience for guests seeking to slow down. An indoor & outdoor yoga, mat pilates and meditation program will be on site. Blue Sky offers an outdoor infinity pool for all ages and a plunge pool in the Edge Spa. Blue Sky’s fitness center offers both cardio & strength training opportunities
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Arena – 8,000 square foot space can be used for group meetings, dinners, milestone celebrations, weddings & more. Capacity – 300. Remuda – 30,000 square foot covered arena is a versatile venue for large events, concerts, conferences & product launches. Capacity – 1000. Wine Room – 670 square foot space. Impressive wine collection from around the world and can be used for private functions. Capacity – 40. Private Dining Room – Intimate space for private dinners & celebrations. Capacity – 12
Extra Notable Features
- Park City Mountain Resort & Deer Valley are located 20 minutes’ drive from property. We will offer daily shuttles to and from the mountain and will offer an onsite Blue Sky’s private ski lounge located at the base of Park City Mountain Resort where guests can keep their gear and use as their ski in/ski out base during the day.