The Plaza New York
The Plaza, a Fairmont Managed Hotel
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York, NY 10019, USA
The Plaza Hotel in New York City, jointly owned by Sahara Group and Kingdom Holdings, has been managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts since 1999. George Cozonis, Managing Director, has a long experience of luxury hospitality.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of more than 65 luxury properties around the globe. The luxury brand’s distinctive hotels offer a sense of heritage and sophistication, warm, engaging service and culturally rich experiences.
The Plaza, is the most iconic New York City hotel, located on the cross roads of Central Park and Fifth Avenue, and could not be better situated with all the best shopping within walking distance and the breath of nature wafting from Central Park.
The Fitzgerald Suite was designed in conjunction with the new movie “The Great Gatsby”.
282 rooms & suites, the majority of which have city views or courtyard. Some suites offer 5th Avenue views and partial Central Park views.
Detailed information on each category can be found on our websites, www.theplazany.com, including images and floor plans.
Restaurant(s), Bars & Stars
• The Palm Court – It serves breakfast, lunch and Afternoon Tea. An a la carte brunch menu is offered on Saturday and Sunday. In addition, The Palm Court offers an Eloise-themed children’s menu.
• The Champagne Bar (lobby bar) – Overlooking Fifth Avenue and the Pulitzer Fountain, The Champagne Bar at The Plaza, is reminiscent of the Champagne Porch that was in the same location when the hotel opened its doors in 1907. The most exclusive of The Plaza’s dining venues, which once welcomed legendary figures, such as the Prince of Wales and Diamond Jim Brady, has become a favourite destination of today’s social set. By night, celebrate with the world’s finest champagne, caviar and wines. By day, indulge in freshly baked pastries, light gourmet fare, and specialty coffees.
• The Rose Club – Embodying the grandeur of the Plaza with a splash of contemporary style and spirit, it overlooks the stunning new Fifth Avenue lobby. Located where the Persian Room, a once legendary nightclub, played host to such formidable acts as Bob Hope, Kay Thompson, Bob Fosse and Liza Minelli, The Rose Club walls have listened in on many unforgettable moments in music and entertainment history. The Plaza’s Rose Club menu features an array of signature cocktails and a select epicurean menu to indulge in lighter gourmet fare.
• The Plaza Food Hall – We opened The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English in June 2010, where locals, tourists, and hotel guests alike could meet, dine, and shop in a space akin to European food halls not typically found in the United States. Our enthusiasm for all things food quickly caught on, and The Plaza Food Hall has become a go-to destination, setting in motion a multiphase expansion.
• The Todd English Food Hall – a European-inspired specialty food hall – offers the finest fresh, prepared, and gourmet foods. The Todd English Food Hall mirrors the aesthetics of the finest food specialty markets throughout the world. Known for his interpretation of rustic Mediterranean cuisine, Chef Todd English expands his culinary borders to international flavours, creating a true dine-around experience among the nine diverse food stations (Ocean Grill & Oyster Bar, Noodle & Dumpling Bar, Pasta Bar, Sushi Bar, The Grill, Taqueria, Pizza, Cheese & Charcuterie, Wine Bar and Patisserie).
The Spa is operated by Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa (www.caudalie-usa.com) and the hotel features the Palestra Fitness center.
Corporate and celebration events
The Grand Ballroom and Terrace Room are landmark locations for social and corporate events, weddings, and celebrations.
We can welcome up to 600 and 500 people.
Hotel main Awards
• 2013 U.S News and World Report’s Best Hotels in the USA
• Conde Naste Traveler’s Choice Award – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United States
• US News Media Group’s 2011 Best Hotels in the USA
• Travel & Leisure’s 2011 World’s Best Award
• Celebrated Living Readers’ Choice Platinum List 2010
• Elite Traveler 2010 Top 101 Suites in the World
• Travel & Leisure’s 2010 World’s Best Award
To know more about FRHI, please visit www.frhi.com
The Plaza employs 500 persons.