The Resort at Pelican Hill USA
The Resort at Pelican Hill
22701 Pelican Hill Road South,
Newport Coast, CA 92657 USA
The Irvine Company
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Tom Donovan, Managing Director
5 Star, 5 Diamond luxury Resort with 204 bungalows and 128 villas
#1 Resort in the world.
The Resort at Pelican Hill
History & Story
Set on the scenic Pacific Ocean in Southern California’s chic Newport Coast®, The Resort at Pelican Hill is one of the world’s finest Five-Star, Five-Diamond destinations offering unparalleled service and luxury. 36 holes of championship golf and a world-class spa, unsurpassed pampering, comforts and service – all blend to create a destination unlike any other. Pelican Hill is…the Possibility of Perfection™.
The sunny climate of Southern California allows for indoor spaces to open up to the outdoors and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Guest rooms are one-story bungalows or expansive Bungalow Suites. Both feature limestone fireplaces, private terraces, most with ocean views, hand-hewn wood beam ceilings. They are a spacious 847 (70 square meters) to 1,634 square feet (151 square meters). Ranging from 2,193 (204 sq meters) to 3,581 square feet (332 sq meters), The Villas offer two, three or four bedrooms with full kitchens and expansive ocean-view terraces.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Newport Beach’s only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star resort, The Resort at Pelican Hill spans 504 acres along the coast of the Newport Beach, with expansive ocean views, Bungalows, are 847 square feet with Italian limestone fireplaces, 15 foot wood beam ceilings and spacious terraces, most with ocean views. Guests enjoy residentially appointed comfort and ample space. All stays at Pelican Hill include complimentary parking, Internet access and use of pools, fitness centers and spa amenities.
The Resort at Pelican Hill is located in Newport Beach, 45 minutes South of Los Angeles (LAX).
Key sites/activities in the area
Beaches, golf/spa dining on site. Complimentary transportation to and from Fashion Island, high end outdoor shopping center 10 minutes from the Resort. Disneyland is approx. 25 minutes away Laguna Beach art galleries 15-min away.
Lush seaside resort with over 1,100 different plant species, including more than 750 mature olive trees. Italian theme.
The Coliseum Pool is one of the largest circular pools in the world at 136 feet across (42 meters) and 3½ feet (1.2 meters) deep.
Andrea Restaurant- Dedicated past room where 16 different types of pastas are made daily.
Camp Pelican : Children 4-12 years of age with indoor room, tv’s, games, children pool and activities throughout the year.
Latitudes : Special program for teens ages 13-17. Hiking, surfing, biking and clubhouse.
204 Bungalow Guest Rooms & Suites:
Ranging in size from 847 (78 sq meters) to 2,486 square feet (231 sq meters), the Bungalows are lavished with luxurious appointments. Hand-crafted wood-beam ceilings, fireplaces framed by Italian limestone, deep soaking marble tubs, 40-inch flat screen televisions, wet bar, Bose sound systems, MP3 ports, wireless Internet, 500-thread-count sheets, and private terraces with unobstructed ocean panoramas.
Largest inventory of luxury, ocean-view villa accommodations. Two-, three- and four-bedroom Villas are available for daily rental. Personalized service programs with resort amenities. From 2,200 square feet (204 sq meters) to 3,581 square feet (332 sq meters). Villas offer expansive terraces with dramatic ocean views, gourmet kitchens, dining areas, personal butlers and staff. The finest of everything, including:
• Wood-beam ceilings and limestone fireplaces
• Sumptuous beds with 500 thread-count linens
• Luxurious baths with fine toiletries from Gilchrist & Soames
• Marble walk-in showers and deep-soaking tubs
• Wine cabinets and gourmet kitchens with Sub Zero refrigerators, Wolf® oven and cook-top, professional cookware from Cuisipro
• 60-inch flatscreen high-definition televisions, Bose audio systems, MP3 ports and wireless Internet
• Private one- or two-car garages
• Granite countertops and pale fruitwood cabinets
Restaurants & Bars
• Andrea Ristorante
True flavors of Italy, has resulted in remarkable Northern Italian cuisine, with Tuscan influences in particular, that rivals the nation’s top Italian restaurants.
• The Coliseum Pool & Grill
Overlooks the “scene” at the strikingly iconic Coliseum Pool, back-dropped by the Pacific Ocean. American favorites on the superbly prepared menu runs the gamut from pizzas, panini and sandwiches to seafood dishes, pastas, specialty salads, cocktails and smoothies.
• Pelican Grill
California dining experience, featuring cuisine prepared with the highest-quality fresh and locally sourced foods, al fresco dining on the ocean-view terrace, and a popular lounge with two huge 9’ x 6’ HD TVs for viewing sports events.
• Villa Clubhouse
Breakfast and lunch are served daily in the Villa Clubhouse dining room and terrace. On weekend evenings, the Villa Clubhouse offers Piccolo, a globally inspired small plates epicurean experience available exclusively to Resort guests.
• The Caffé
True Italian coffee bar serving Italian coffees, light breakfast fares.
• The Great Room
Champagne cart, interesting and original Italian cocktails, and organic coffees, teas and infusions.
• 23,000 sq ft (2200 sq meters) Award winning spa offers 22 Private treatment rooms, warm soaking Roman pools beneath a barrel-valuted ceiling, sauna and steam room. Spa suite and dining spa menu.
• 2 Fitness Centers with Matriz and Precor equipment.
• Personal training, exercise consultation and complimentary wellness classes- yoga, pilates, stretching and beach walks.
• Full Service salon offering luxurious hair and nail treatments
Corporate & Celebration Events
Ball rooms, meeting room and outdoor spaces featuring beautiful ocean views and outdoor terraces for corporate meetings, groups and weddings
Extra Notable Features
Cooking Classes, art and fashion shows, Festa Dell’ Autunno events and two Tom Fazio designed championship 18 hole golf courses (Ocean North and Ocean South) featuring incredible ocean views from nearly every hole.
Golf Clubhouse with golf shop and separate male/femal lounges.
Pelican Hill Golf Academy offering the finest instruction from GOLF Magazine’s Top 100 Instructor Glenn Deck and professional caddies • • •
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Travel + Leisure
• Top Resorts in the Continental U.S, World’s Best Awards 2015,
• 500 World’s Best Hotels 2015,
• Top 100 World’s Best Hotels 2015.
• Premier Resorts 2014-2015 Readers’ Choice (Gold Medal)
• AAA Five Diamond Award 2015.
• 500 World’s Best Hotels 2014
• Readers’ Choice 2014: Top 20 Golf Resorts
• Readers’ Choice 2014: Top 20 Family Resorts
• Top 100 Courses You Can Play, 2014
• Best Courses Near You, Ocean South & Ocean North (September 2014)
Condé Nast Traveler
• Top Southern California Resort Spa among “Top 100 U.S. Resort Spas,” Readers’ Choice Awards (March 2014)
• Top Southern California Resort ranking in Readers’ Choice Awards 2014
AAA Five Diamond Award 2014
• 101 Top Hotel Suites 2014
• Award of Excellence 2014, The Resort at Pelican Hill
• Award of Excellence 2014, Andrea Ristorante
• Award of Excellence 2014, Pelican Grill
• Award of Excellence 2014, Coliseum Pool & Grill
• Award of Excellence 2013, The Resort at Pelican Hill
• Award of Excellence 2013, Pelican Hill Golf Club
• Award of Excellence 2013, Andrea Ristorante
• Award of Excellence 2013, Pelican Grill
• Award of Excellence 2013, Coliseum Pool & Grill
Condé Nast Traveler
• Top Southern California Resort Spa among “Top 100 U.S. Resort Spas,” Readers’ Choice Awards 2013
• Top Southern California Resort ranking in Readers’ Choice Awards 2013.
Travel + Leisure
• Top Resorts in the Continental U.S, World’s Best Awards 2013.
• 500 World’s Best Hotels 2013.
• AAA Five Diamond Award 2013.
Number of employees