The William Vale
The William Vale
111 N. 12th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
David Lemmond brings his 20+ years of boutique and lifestyle hotel expertise to direct day-to-day hotel operations. Having opened and operated independent boutique hotels in the nation’s most popular cities—including Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco and New York City, Lemmond ensures every guest at The William Vale enjoys a truly memorable, world-class hospitality experience.
The William Vale
History & Story
Experience world-class hospitality in the heart of New York City’s most vibrant and creative corner. Welcome to The William Vale, the newest independent boutique hotel in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, minutes from Lower Manhattan and miles from the ordinary. All 183 rooms at The William Vale feature floor-to-ceiling windows, open-air balconies, and spectacular views of New York City and its boroughs for a unique hotel experience you won’t find anywhere else. The property features numerous public spaces, and Chef Andrew Carmellini and NoHo Hospitality Group have created a variety of tastes and experiences throughout the property, including : Leuca, a Southern Italian restaurant serving wood-fired coastal cuisine ; Westlight, a rooftop bar featuring sweeping views of the five boroughs and beyond ; and Mister Dips, a retrofitted 1974 Airstream serving burgers, fries, and seasonal dairy dips in Vale Park.
Williamsburg in Brooklyn, New York
Key sites/activities in the area
• Brooklyn Bowl
• Brooklyn Brewery
• East River State Park
• McCarren Park
• Shopping, Restaurants, and Nightlife
Amongst its many amenities, The William Vale plays host to cross-disciplinary cultural events feature established and emerging talents, from Brooklyn and beyond—each using The William Vale as their canvas in creative and unconventional ways. From rooftop yoga overlooking the Manhattan skyline, to letterpress workshops, discover unexpected events and unique things to do in Williamsburg, Brooklyn when you browse our calendar of events.
• Number of suites:
• Vale Garden Residence:
The Vale Garden Residence is our largest and most magnificent suite, with 1,320 sq. ft. of living space across two floors, plus an immense 1,632 sq. ft. fully furnished patio with open air Jacuzzi, offering panoramic views of New York City. The Vale Garden Residence features custom designer décor, hardwood floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows for a clean, tailored look that is at once timeless and modern. The walls are adorned with contemporary artwork from celebrated artists of local and national renown. With its indoor and outdoor dining and entertaining spaces, breathtaking balcony views, and expansive layout, Vale Garden Residence is the ultimate Brooklyn retreat, and the perfect setting for private gatherings and intimate group celebrations.
• Gotham Corner Suite:
Gotham Corner Suites deliver approximately 380 sq. ft. of living space and feature a separate bedroom and spacious living room. Each suite features custom designer décor, contemporary artwork, hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a spa-like master bathroom with a separate, glass-enclosed rainfall shower. Gotham Corner Suites also include a spacious 309 sq. ft. wraparound balcony with lounge chairs and breathtaking Manhattan skyline views.
• King One-Bedroom Suite:
The expansive King One-Bedroom Suites deliver 550 sq. ft. of living space and feature separate bedroom and spacious living room areas, ideal for entertainment, as well as furnished, 142 sq. ft. private balconies with panoramic city views. Each suite features custom designer décor, contemporary artwork, hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a spa-like master bathroom with Kohler soaking tub and a separate, glass-enclosed rainfall shower.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 158
• Standard King:
The Standard King includes a single King bed as well as a spacious 71 sq. ft. balcony with views of New York City and spa-like en-suite bathroom.
• Gotham King:
The Gotham King rooms include a bedroom with a King bed, a comfortable sun-lit sitting area, and spacious, furnished 71 sq. ft. balconies with Manhattan skyline views.
• Gotham Queen:
The Gotham Queen features floor-to-ceiling windows brightening a boutique bedroom with a Queen bed, a comfortable sitting area, and a spacious 72 sq. ft. balcony with impressive views of the Manhattan skyline.
• Double Double:
The Double Double Balcony rooms feature two double beds and 325 sq. ft. of living space, in addition to a spacious 157 sq. ft. balcony complete with comfortable sunbeds and stunning city views.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 183
• Fully furnished balconies with floor to ceiling balcony glass windows
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Bath amenities by l’Occitane en Provence
• Frette linens
Restaurants & Bars
Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini of The Dutch, Locanda Verde, Bar Primi and more, directs The William Vale’s distinct culinary concepts :
• Leuca : A Southern Italian restaurant open all day serving wood-fired coastal cuisine in a casually elegant setting.
• Westlight : A rooftop bar high aloft Williamsburg, 22 stories up, features sweeping views of the five boroughs and beyond. An elevated bar dining menu inspired by New York City’s street food, rare spirits and craft cocktails are offered nightly in this unparalleled space.
• Mister Dips : A retrofitted 1974 Airstream, serving burgers, fries, and seasonal dairy dips in Vale Park.
• 24-hour fitness center
• Vale Pool: Perched above Vale Park, Vale Pool overlooks Manhattan’s skyline, and is the longest outdoor hotel pool in Brooklyn and greater New York City.Daybeds, pergolas, and cabanas surround the pool, and accommodate a range of group sizes.
Corporate & Celebration Events
In the heart of Brooklyn’s most desirable neighborhood, The William Vale offers a selection of indoor and outdoor spaces with sweeping views and unparalleled service, including :
• Vale Ballroom : (Max Capacity. 320) Our largest and most versatile space, Vale Ballroom features a 23-foot-high ceiling, multi-purpose alcove, and separate dressing room. It is suitable for any type of event, from off-site retreats and weddings, to galas and performances.
• The Foyer : (Max Capacity. 180) The Foyer is an expansive and elegant space adjacent to the Vale Ballroom, making it the perfect gathering place for guests before or after an event.
• Upstairs at Westlight : (Max Capacity. 240)This spectacular outdoor area is situated directly atop Westlight, providing guests with an incredible, unobstructed panorama of the five boroughs and beyond.
Number of employees