Trump SoHo® New York
Trump SoHo® New York
246 Spring Street,
New York, NY 10013 – USA
Date of Creation
April 9, 2010
Hotel General Manager
Bringing more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Schweikert is responsible for the ongoing operations and strategic direction of Trump SoHo. Most recently, Mr. Schweikert served as the founder of Strata Hospitality Group and its sister company Arambys Inc.
Trump Hotel Collection currently has nine hotels that are open and operating. Four more are slated by 2016 : Baku, Vancouver, Rio and Washington, DC
Trump SoHo® New York
History and Story
Trump SoHo New York, the first Trump Hotel Collection property in downtown Manhattan and the neighborhood’s only AAA Five Diamond rated hotel, opened its doors on April 9, 2010.
Trump Hotel Collection, which embodies the vision of internationally renowned Donald J. Trump and his three grown children – Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric – has been raising the bar on the high-end travel experience with a style of customized service unmatched in the market.
Trump SoHo combines contemporary modern décor with five-star service reminiscent of the grand hotels of the early twentieth century. Establishing a new paradigm of design, Trump SoHo couples the works of Handel Architects, who imagined the 46- story shimmering glass tower, and the Rockwell Group, creators of the interior spaces. Inspired by the cobblestone streets and architecture of the historic SoHo neighborhood, Trump SoHo’s design balances materials and finishes that are both raw and rich.
The hotel was a new build, and opened in 2010. The interior was designed by the Rockwell Group.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Trump SoHo provides the services and amenities expected of a luxury hotel, but with a decidedly downtown vibe and casual feel. As we are the tallest building in the neighborhood, Trump SoHo also provides unparalleled views.
Trump SoHo New York is ideally located in the SoHo district at the crossroads of the West Village and TriBeCa. Just steps from world-class galleries, restaurants, shops, and nightlife, Trump SoHo boasts unrivaled views of the city’s spectacular skyline, the Hudson River, Statue of Liberty, Freedom Tower, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, and its surrounding neighborhoods.
Key sites/activities in the area
SoHo is known for its luxury and boutique shops, with many of these stores steps from the hotel. Guests can also gallery hop experiencing museums located near SoHo like The New Museum of Contemporary Art, The Children’s Museum of Art and the New York Fire Department Museum. Guests can also visit SoHo’s working chocolate factory, Jacques Torres.
• The signature service and amenities of our Trump Attachè™ service, which is available to all hotel guests, offers everything from personal assistance and luggage-free traveling to custom-stocked guestrooms and personalized stationary.
• Trump SoHo features more two-bedroom suites than any other hotel in New York.
• Trump SoHo is the only hotel in New York with custom furnishings by Fendi Casa.
• The Spa at Trump SoHo features New York City’s first luxury hammam.
Trump SoHo is proud to offer the Young Entrepreneurs SoHo (YES) program, a unique extension of the brand-wide Trump Kids program. YES is open to children and teens aged 3 to 17. The suite of benefits includes personalized business cards, complimentary kid’s meals, exclusive invitations, and a quarterly newsletter discussing kid-friendly events around the city, among other perks.
Trump SoHo’s 391 residential-style guest rooms – more than a third of which are suites – blend classically-inspired interiors with contemporary New York design, each featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and unrivaled views. Trump SoHo offers some of the city’s most spacious accommodations with king guestrooms starting at 422 square feet and suites ranging from 682 square feet to more than 2,000 square feet. The hotel offers 245 king guestrooms; 132 one-bedroom suites—many of which can be combined to create spacious two-bedroom suites; three one-of-a-kind spa suites; two SoHo two-bedroom suites; eight spectacular two-bedroom penthouse suites; and the duplex penthouse, which provides an expansive terrace granting breathtaking views of Manhattan.
Restaurants & Bars
• Koi SoHo
Our signature restaurant features an imaginative menu of contemporary Japanese cuisine infused with California accents. Koi boasts a sophisticated interior that is both modern yet Zen-inspired. Illuminated by candlelight, this Japanese restaurant in SoHo creates an intimate yet sleek dining environment. The energetic New York crowd sets the atmosphere for food that rivals this restaurant’s stylish setting.
Our extensive in-room dining menu is expertly created by Executive Chef Brian Lee, and we are proud to feature a host of international offerings, healthy, gluten-free, and vegetarian options, as well as locally-inspired items, all for to enjoy in the privacy and comfort of our guestrooms. Chef Lim brings his experience in modern cuisine to this menu with options appealing to every guest.
Designed by DiGuiseppe Architects and located on the seventh and eighth floors of Trump SoHo, the 11,000 square-foot Spa at Trump features nine private treatment rooms and wet rooms, a state-of-the-art fitness center with Technogym equipment, two separate authentic luxury hammams for men and women – the first in New York City, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas and an extensive menu of treatments and services.
Located on the seventh floor of Trump SoHo, Bar d’Eau is a seasonal indoor and outdoor urban retreat that opens out onto a 6,000-square-foot pool deck. Offering light fare and libations, Bar d’Eau is open to the public in the evening and is an ideal destination for sharing alfresco cocktails.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Trump SoHo New York is a destination unlike any other in downtown Manhattan. With more than 12,000 square feet of elegant meeting and event space customized for every occasion and featuring natural light through floor-to-ceiling windows, each room exudes contemporary elegance. Choose from event venues such as elegant ballrooms, spacious outdoor terraces, the Trump Executive Ballroom, or soaring penthouse spaces. SoHi, the 1,600 square-foot premier space on the 46th floor, hosts receptions of up to 150 and provides guests with jaw-dropping views of Manhattan. Trump SoHo’s professionals provide the highest level of service, delivering a memorable event.
Extra Notable Features
• The Trump SoHo Shopping Card program allows guests to enjoy valuable offers and privileges from partnering neighborhood boutiques and specialty stores located steps from the hotel during their stay.
• The Travel Fit program encourages guests to maintain their workout regimen while traveling by providing light equipment, workout gear, fitness apparel and footwear from Under Armour in-room upon request.
• Our Trump Pets program offers special amenities for guests traveling with their furry companions.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• AAA Five-Diamond Award
• Condé Nast Traveler Gold List
• Condé Nast Traveler Top 50 Hotel Spas in the United States
• U.S. News & World Report “Best Hotels in New York City”
2013 – 2012
• AAA Five-Diamond Award 2013
• Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013
• Condé Nast Traveler Top 50 Hotel Spas in the United States 2013
• U.S. News & World Report “Best Hotels in New York City” 2013, 2012
• Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards: “Best Hotels in NYC” 2013, 2012
• 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Top 75 Hotel Spas
• 2013 Condé Nast Traveler “Best Business Hotels Poll”
• TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013, 2012, 2011
• 2013 Examiner.com’s “3 Best Spas in the United States”
• Oyster.com “Best Luxury Hotels in New York City” 2013
• Oyster.com “World’s Best Hotel Beds” 2012
• TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award 2012
• Travel + Leisure “500 World’s Best Hotels” 2012
Number of employees