Viceroy Los Cabos Mexico
Viceroy Los Cabos
Paseo Malecon San Jose Lote 8, Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, BCS Mexico 23400
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Regional Managing Director & Executive Leader
Mr. Peter Bowling Manager
Viceroy Los Cabos, the premier oceanfront resort located in the heart of San José del Cabo, is pleased to announce the appointment of Peter Bowling as Regional Managing Director. A world-renowned hotelier, Peter brings over 20 years of experience to his new role where he will oversee the stunning resort, while also providing operational guidance for Viceroy’s future growth in Latin America. Peter joins Viceroy Los Cabos most recently from Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, where he served as Managing Director and played an instrumental role in the hotel’s successful 2017 opening. Prior to his new role at Viceroy, Peter’s professional history has spanned worldwide, holding Managing Director roles at One & Only Palmilla Los Cabos, Capella Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, and Jumby Bay Rosewood Antigua. Peter was instrumental in enhancing the global reputation of each of these resorts, and while under his watch, each property achieved number one ranking from Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure.
To position ourselves as the leader in relaxed luxury in San Jose del Cabo.
History & Story
Viceroy Los Cabos is located in the heart of San Jose Del Cabo on the Coast of Baja California. The 198-room beachfront property faces the Sea of Cortes and embodies the essence of water throughout its architecturally stunning design. Resort amenities include a cinema room for movie screenings, versatile meeting spaces and lively restaurants and bars. Upon re-opening, the property will present a new, energized lobby and arrival experience, beach pool and bar, expanded luxury spa, and redesigned state-of-the-art fitness center curated by Los Angeles-based celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak. Viceroy Los Cabos is Viceroy Hotel Group’s 15th property worldwide and the latest addition to its Icon Collection portfolio.
2018 – Designed by Miguel Angel Aragones, Viceroy Los Cabos has undergone an extensive refurbishment. New suites have been added, 4 new restaurants will be opening as will th new spa and fitness center
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The design, relaxed luxury, spacious rooms and suites with stunning views of the Sea of Cortez
Located in the Zona Hotelera district of San José del Cabo, the serene seascapes and limitless horizons at Viceroy Los Cabos are within a few minutes by taxi from the airport and the historic center of town of San José del Cabo.
Key sites/activities in the area
San Jose del Cabo, surfing, snorkelling, diving, dining and nightlife
We have a private movie theatre on property! Tilt your chair back and enjoy the show; our JBL Synthesis 7.4 audio system is truly breathtaking and is paired with a striking digital video display by Sony. Our luxe, intimate theater features daily screenings for guests, and can also be reserved for private movies and screenings.
Generation V Kid’s Club – Let their imaginations run wild. Our universally acclaimed kids club is led by a highly trained staff that knows just how to keep little minds occupied – and their curiosity on overdrive. Advance reservation is required; please contact the Generation V Kids’ Club staff to schedule.
- Number of suites:
- Number of Luxury rooms:
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
Nido – Mexican-Japanese cuisine; the specialties are ceviche and sushi, fresh from the sea, and paired with vibrant drinks that defy the ordinary.
Casero – This is homestyle mesa as it’s truly meant to be, available for breakfast and lunch.
Otro Bar – Create a scene at Otro Bar, where wine and tequila flow.
Nidito Beach + Poolside Bar” – From the nearby ocean waves to the tranquil pools; no matter where you wander, we’ll bring food and drinks right to you.
Cielomar Rooftop – The view: spellbinding. The mood: joyful. The food: definitely worth lingering over. Expansive views are complemented by a bountiful food and beverage offerings from the grill with delicacies from land and sea.
- Fitness center designed by Harley Pasternak. This gym will be an indoor/outdoor experience featuring Hoist Roc-it strength equipment, an adult jungle gym, a bootcamp/cross-training room, turf strip for sled pushing and sliding, a lifestyle and yoga room and more.
- Coming in Q3 the spa will offer locally inspired treatments. Skilled therapists and aestheticians craft bespoke experiences in addition to the vast menu of services. The spa will feature 11 treatment rooms, therapeutic mood lighting, locker rooms, wet areas, a cold plunge pool, warm jacuzzi and sauna. That’s in addition to the beauty bar, manicure and pedicure areas and hair salon.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- The Sea of Cortez, the horizon and open sky come together as the perfect background for special events, be it a wedding, anniversary celebration, cocktail party of corporate event. The in-house team can assist in selecting a venue, menu, photographer and more. For those who wish to do business a little differently, there is a movie theatre and versatile meeting spaces designed to host board meetings, conferences and retreats. Groups small and large are welcome.
Extra Notable Features
- Movie theatre
- Art Gallery classes
- Curated guest experiences