Baglioni Hotels S.p.A.
PROFILE & PHILOSOPHY
Baglioni Hotels Group was established in 1974 when Roberto Polito bought his first property in Tuscany, the Hotel Cala del Porto in Punta Ala. Today the company has developed a collection of 8 exclusive hotels and a resort, most of which are situated in palazzos in Italy’s main cities: six in Italy (Milan, Venice, Florence, Punta Ala and Rome), two in France (Aix-en-Provence, Saint-Paul-de-Vence) and one established in March 2004 in the UK, in the heart of London.
BAGLIONI HOTELS TODAY
Baglioni Hotels’ core values are unforgettable experiences, uniqueness and Italian Hospitality. Our locations, combined with the personalized, innovative and multicultural service provided, make our guests feel valued and special. Each Baglioni Hotel has its own unique Italian spirit, because they reflect their individual location and become a point of reference. It represents a place of intriguing, entertaining and vibrant life, of which it becomes an important part. A place where art, culture and fashion combine. The unforgettable Italian touch is the promise that every stay with us will result in an unforgettable, rich and fulfilling experience.
HISTORY IN TEN DATES
• 1974 – Acquisition of Hotel Cala del Porto Punta Ala, Tuscany.
The Hotel Cala del Porto, member of Relais & Chateaux, stands amidst the picturesque Maremma pine forests, leading down to the sea. From the pool terrace, guests can admire a magnificent view of the entire Tuscan archipelago: Elba, Montecristo and Cerboli.
• 1987 – Acquisition of Regina Hotel Baglioni, Roma, and Grand Hotel Baglioni, Bologna.
Regina Hotel Baglioni, Rome, housed in a magnificent liberty-style building, is located on the world renowned Via Veneto. The charm of the period façade and refinement of the decoration and furnishings in both Art Déco and Classic styles create a unique atmosphere.
• 1988 – Acquisition of Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice.
The historic Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice, dates back to the 12th century and it is recorded as having given shelter to the Knights Templar in 1118.
• 1992 – Acquisition of Carlton Hotel Baglioni, Milan.
Set at the crossroads of culture, fashion and design, Carlton Hotel Baglioni is the only hotel in Milan with a pedestrian entrance from Via della Spiga, the most glamorous street in the city. The hotel is just a stone’s throw away from Milan’s prestigious boutiques, the Duomo, the Teatro alla Scala and the financial district. Mr. Roberto Polito received the title of Commendatore from the President of tha Italian Republic.
• 2001 – Acquisition of Villa Gallici, Aix en Provence (France).
An authentic 18th century Provençal house, Villa Gallici is set in the light that Cézanne loved, in the famous city of Aix-en-Provence, surrounded by the enchanting scenery of Provence.
• 2004 – Acquisition of Le Saint Paul, Saint Paul de Vence (France) and acquisition of Baglioni Hotel, London.
Le Saint Paul stands in the very centre of the medieval town of Saint Paul, one of the most enchanting villages in Provence, facing the Mediterranean and sheltered by the Southern Alps, between hills and sea. Baglioni Hotel London marked a turning point in the design concept of the group. The chic, contemporary style of this hotel has revamped the brand’s image, evoking a less formal type of elegance and hospitality, without compromising on design details.
• 2007 – Opening of Brunello Lounge & Restaurant, Rome.
One of the city’s restaurants, blending contemporary design and traditional Italian elegance. It is the ideal place to taste wonderful dishes full of Mediterranean flavours.
• 2009 – Acquisition of Relais Santa Croce, Florence.
The stunning 17th century Palazzo Ciofi-Jacometti, once owned by the Marquis Baldinucci treasurer to the Pope, is home to this exclusive hotel in the heart of Florence, a Relais & Châteaux member.
• 2011 – Mr Guido Polito new CEO of Baglioni Hotels.
Guido Polito succeeds Roberto Polito, founder of Baglioni Hotels, who remains as President of the group.
• 2013 – The company’s brand management implements a series of strategic actions with a focus on rebranding activities. The desire to put more and more emphasis on the guest’s hotel experience, led to the review of the company’s brand values that have become: unforgettable experiences, uniqueness, and Italian hospitality. The new slogan “The Unforgettable Italian Touch“ is the promise of a one-time experience of the highest value,which makes every guest feel special, in true Italian style. Regina Hotel Baglioni unveils the Roman Penthouse Suite and the newly refashioned Caffè Baglioni of the Carlton Hotel Baglioni in Milan is even more a hub of design, art and fashion than ever before. The style of the Baglioni Hotels Collection combines ever more Italian tradition with contemporary design.
• 2014 – To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Baglioni Hotels introduces the new My Baglioni Hotels programme, a world of customised benefits dedicated to all those who register through www.baglionihotels.com. The Baglioni Suites brand is the celebration of the Baglioni Hotels’ art of welcoming. The brand new San Giorgio Terrace Suite at the Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice is the latest jewel of this special collection, dedicated to all those in search of an unforgettable experience and the highest standard of hospitality.
TRAVELLER MADE HOTEL PARTNERS
FUTURE OPENINGS & PROJECTS
The Group is run by Mr. Guido Polito who is leading the company towards new international projects as the next hotel opening in the Maldives.
Via Pontaccio, 10 – 20121 Milan – Italy
Ph. +39 02 77 3331
MORE ABOUT BAGLIONI HOTELS ORIENTATION
The Baglioni Signature Suites, as the latest Roman Penthouse Suite in Rome and San Giorgio Terrace Suite in Venice offer exclusive amenities as the use of private butler.
The brand new Baglioni SPA by Caschera SPA at Regina Hotel Baglioni in Rome is an urban featuring two massage rooms, a beauty room, fitness centre, sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi and changing rooms.
Also the Carlton Hotel Baglioni in Milan and the Baglioni Hotel in London have recently inaugurated the new Baglioni SPA with Natura Bissé products.
Baglioni Bar, Lounge & Restaurants are vibrant places where gastronomy and the art of La Dolce Vita blend beautifully together, offering an exclusive dining experience. Fresh, quality food and attentive service are the ingredients which create unique recipes and unusual flavours in contemporary surroundings and a welcoming atmosphere.
The Brunello Lounge & Restaurant in Rome and London, the Canova Restaurant in Venice, the Baretto at Baglioni in Milan, the Guelfi & Ghibellini Restaurant in Florence, La Spiaggia Restaurant and Belvedere Restaurant in Punta Ala are renowned place in the city, ideal to taste wonderful dishes full of Mediterranean and traditional flavours.
BAGLIONI HOTELS WINS AT HOSPITALITY SOCIAL AWARDS 2014.
Baglioni Hotels has been successfully nominated for “Best Social Media Marketing Activity 2014”.
The Hotel Cala del Porto has launched its new beach club, “La Vela”. The club features a spacious wellness area (130 m²) including solarium, Turkish bath and massage treatment rooms, a large outdoor fitness centre (more than 100m²).