Delaire Graff Lodges & Spa Owner’s Villa, South Africa
Delaire Graff Lodges & Spa Owner’s Villa
Stellenbosch, South Africa
R380 000 per night, all year around
A two-night minimum stay
|Pool||No Pets||Children Welcome||Villa|
Date of building
Dramatic timber front doors act as a gateway to the gallery-like space beyond, designed by DHK Architects with interiors curated by David Collins Studio. Having opened in 2019, upon entering the Delaire Graff Owner’s Villa, exquisite detail and monumental scale are perfectly in balance creating an atmosphere of elegant contrasts inspired by African palettes and textures, with European touches. The Owner’s Villa incorporates bespoke materials and soft furnishings throughout with the design team opting for texture, softness, subtle African motifs and the feeling that everything is hand-worked. The Owner’s Villa is a personally curated gallery space including celebrated African works from Laurence Graff’s private collection.
Location & Key Sites
A botanical paradise in a dramatic mountain setting, Delaire Graff Estate is situated at the foot of the iconic Botmaskop Mountain in the Banghoek Valley between the historic towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
Nearest to Delaire Graff Estate is Stellenbosch, which is surrounded by vineyards and the mountainous nature reserves of Jonkershoek and Simonsberg. The town’s oak-shaded streets are lined with cafes, boutiques and art galleries.
Journeys through the Cape Winelands not only include world-class wineries, but also some of the country’s finest restaurants and galleries amidst a host of outdoor experiences from hiking and cycling routes to golf, helicopter tours, farmers’ markets and picnic locations. On the Estate, experiences include two flagship restaurants, namely Indochine and Delaire Graff Restaurant, a bespoke Wine Lounge, as well as a holistic and rejuvenating Spa. Furthermore, explore the luxury boutiques of Africa Nova, 100% Capri, Vana and of course the exclusive diamonds of Graff.
4 double bedrooms accommodate 8 guests.
Each bedroom can accommodate one additional child under the age of 12 years on an extra bed for a total of 8 adults and 4 young children.
2 x single rooms are also available for staff travelling with guests
All children are welcome. Delaire Graff Lodges & Spa provides each child guest with an activity book to explore the Estate and keep all ages entertained with a collection of puzzles, games, colouring in pages and a fact-finding hunt throughout the property. A cinema is also available for the use of lodge guests where the little ones can be entertained with a movie of their choice, as well as an extensive DVD list for viewing in the rooms. The Owner’s Villa extends various living areas, a private pool and terrace for children to enjoy and two staff suites allow for au pairs and personal staff to be close at hand.
Regrettably no pets
Visitors ackowledge Delaire Graff Estate is a working farm, winery and construction site and enter at their own risk. Delaire Graff Estate shall not be liable for any damage, and/or loss, and/or injury sustained by any person whilst on the said Estate. As a responsible employer, we endeavor to implement and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, the activities of the company in such a manner, as to prevent harm or damage to persons and property respectfully. Safety, health and protection of the environment will form an integral part of our planning and decision making. We will manage our company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that strikes an appropriate and well reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
We are committed to:
• Conducting our business with respect and care for people and the environment
• Responsible utilization of natural resources
• Continually improving our safety, health and environmental performance
• Complying, as a minimum, with all applicable legal and other agreed requirements
• Promoting dialogue with stakeholders about safety, health and environmental performance
We will achieve these by:
• Implementing a practical safety, health, environmental management system
• Informing and appropriately training all employees and contractors on safety, health and environmental matters
• Responding effectively to safety, health and environmental emergencies involving our actives and products
• As far as reasonably practicable, providing appropriate resources required to implement the above
• Continuously ensure to inspect, assess, audit and review our health, safety and environmental status.
Enjoy a moment on the Estate exclusively crafted for you. Bespoke private occassions at the Delaire Graff Estate are where exceptional dining, drinks receptions, celebrations are partnered with our world-class hospitality. The Owner’s Villa comes complete with the services of a private chef and villa manager, and villa guests are welcome to invite additional guests to enjoy meals and occassions together at the Owner’s Villa (enquire for costs and maximum guests). If not in the comfort of the Villa, our team is on hand to create special moments in a variety of private locations on the Estate.
The personal villa manager is available as a concierge for guests and can assist with arranging a variety of experiences and bookings including but not limited to :
• Helicopter tours and transfers
• Private trainers and yoga instructors (prior notice required)
• Private art tours and viewings of the Estate Collection and nearby galleries and showrooms of prestigious artists
• A variety of golf courses within the region
• Number of Villas: 1 x Owner’s Villa
The Owner’s Villa of Delaire Graff Lodges & Spa is the premier villa on the African continent. It has been created as a framework in which to showcase the very best Africa has to offer, from the exquisite interiors and inspiring artworks and craftsmanship to personal service and panoramic views of the natural area.
The private, fully serviced and fully-inclusive, four-bedroomed Owner’s Villa accommodates up to eight guests in 660 square-metres of curated space. Each bedroom is en-suite with a walk-in closet, sitting area and a private terrace to enjoy the astounding Stellenbosch Valley views.
A private outdoor space (340 square metres) provides guests with the opportunity to soak up the sunshine in complete seclusion. Take a dip in the 14-metre heated swimming pool or jacuzzi while enjoying the unsurpassed views of the Estate’s vineyards and mountains for which the Cape Winelands are renowned.
The sophisticated interiors boast a living room, dining room, multifunction room and fully equipped kitchen, creating ideal spaces in which to entertain. Each stay includes the services of a villa manager, private chef and all meals. The Villa also includes accommodation for those travelling with a staff compliment.
• Main Lodge: World-class Spa (4 x suites)
• In-room spa treatments for Villa guests
• Private Techno gym
• Private swimming pool, jacuzzi & terrace
• Walking/trail runs in the Estate vineyards
• Complimentary bicycles for guests to use on the Estate
• Private fitness trainer scan be arranged at Villa guests’ request (requires notice prior to arrival)
• Private chef services and meals included for Villa stays and can be tailored to special diets
• Main Lodge: Inifinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace for all Lodges & Spa guests
• Hikes to Botmaskop Peak above the property (outside of the property boundary and at guests’ own risk)
Number of staff on property
315 permanent positions
6 permanent staff members in Owner’s Villa