Singita Castleton is an exclusive use lodge set within Singita Sabi Sand.
Singita Castleton consists of a main house with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people. It is steeped in history, capturing the spirit of the original Castleton house, giving the lodge a historical and comforting nature. Singita Castleton has been designed to combine the best elements of a private safari lodge with the rustic charms of a country farmhouse, with the added benefit of extensive high-end facilities, including a vast garden, swimming pool, wine cellar, gym, tennis court and spa treatment room. Guests can relax together in the courtyard, gather around the traditional ‘boma’ or meet in the country-style kitchen, yet the individual cottages allow guests to retreat to the privacy of their own space as and when it’s needed. All of this is overlooking a waterhole where animals regularly gather to drink.
Traveller Made Amenities
Free WIFI access
Early Check-in/Late Check-out UPON AVAILABILITY
Date of construction and last renovation
Formerly the family home of Singita founder Luke Bailes’ grandfather, it was refurbished in 2013.
• Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
• For the interest of safety, children’s’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
No Pets allowed
Yes, on a request basis and tailored according to the guest’s requirements.
• There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland (no cost)
• There is a private gym available.
• Private tennis court with tennis pavilion.
• Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun.
• A spa treatment room and in-room treatments are available for guests (at a cost)
• Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house.
• Private boma with an uninterrupted view of the watering hole.
• Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker.
• Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique are nearby.