This beautifully renovated 18th century Spanish estate (complemented by an additional 13,000+ sqft of residential structures), has retained all the grandeur and style of the elegant mansions of the period, while at the same time featuring the most modern of conveniences within its resplendent walls.
The house sleeps up to 36, with additional staff quarters, making it ideal for a private family getaway, intimate wedding or an informal house party. A graceful arched doorway leads into a series of inviting lounges, with magnificent views over the snow-capped Pyrenees, ideal for relaxing with friends. Cool alabaster walls frame the grand salon’s majestic fireplace, making it the perfect place to curl up with your favourite book.
Each bedroom is uniquely decorated in delicate Catalan tones, complemented by locally sourced rugs, unique family heirlooms, and individual fireplaces, some opening on to their own private terraces with far-reaching views of the Costa Brava. Sink into a deliciously deep oval bath, surrounded by glass walls that open onto the surrounding forest, for the ultimate in tranquillity.
Date of construction and last renovation
Built in the 18th century
Up to 36 guests (Main villa 25 guests, second villa 6, third villa 5 guests)
Location ans Key Sites
Mas Mateu is located in an area called the golden triangle, due to three facts:
• Proximity to one of the most beautiful coasts of the Mediterranean ‘Costa Brava’ (less than 10 km, less than 6.5 miles). The region’s top beaches: Cadaques, Aiguablava Begur, Sa Tuna Begur, Platja Castells Palamos
• Being inside a natural reserve (Les Gavarres), that goes from the coast to the capital of the province Girona.
• Surrounded by culture and history with plenty of well-preserved medieval villages, such as Peratallada and Pals which are Unesco heritage. Guided tours can be arranged.
Activities at the villa:
– Football pitch 70*30 meters with two proper goals, it is a tradition to have at least once the “Classico clash”
– Basketball net & court.
– Padel tennis court.
– Beach volleyball court.
– 15 bicycles of different sizes (remember we are inside a natural reserve ideal for bycicle and hiking)
– 2 quadbikes and 1 buggy for guests to use in the villa.
– Horse ridding.
– Waterpolo matches in the swimming pool
– Water Olympics for kids.
– Several other sports, like table tennis, archery, baccy ball, frisby, rugby/american football, croquet,
“futbolin”, swimmingpool toys, board games, poker cards and coins.
– Hot air ballon taking off from the villa.
1 minute drive to restaurant
5 minutes’ drive to: Town, Church, Clinic, Grocery store
8 minutes’ drive to golf course
11 minutes’ drive to beach
25 minutes’ drive to hospital
35 minutes’ drive to airport
150 minutes’ drive to ski slope
Other activities in the area: skydiving, flying, Ultra-light plane, hot air balloon, cycling, jogging, hiking (coastal or mountain), horse riding, archery, clay shooting, karting, F1 GP drivingexperience, helicopter flight, jet skiing, charter a yacht, deepseafishing, snorkeling, scubadiving, water skiing, windsurfing, surfing, kitesurfing, sailing, etc.
Children are welcome. Mas Mateuis second to none for activities for kids.
Pets are not welcome.
Event fee of 5.000 euros plus 21% VAT
EXTRA SERVICES :
Pre-stocking – there is a food and beverage deposit of 8.000 euros per week.
Activities and excursions.
Rental car with chauffer.
Horse riding lessons (with an international dressage rider for the Spanish National team) .
Helicopter transfer to/from Girona airport and Barcelona.
Number of staff on property
Head chef – with extensive background and with experience in Michelin star restaurants.
Patissier – experience in sweet cuisine in ‘El Celler de Can Roca’ best restaurant in the world for second year.
Butler & Somelier – head of the waiters, experience in Michelin star restaurants. There is a really nice wine cellar at Mas Mateu that has all the best wines in Spain (Vega Sicilia Unico, Teso La Monja, Pingus, Finca Garbet,etc ) and the unknown jewels.
Team of Waiter(s) (number depends on group size)
Team of Maid service witht urndown service (number depends on group size)
1 massage per day