Calle Raymondi 253, Iquitos, Maynas – Loreto
Date of Creation
5-star Luxury boutique cruise
Aqua Expeditions offers customized luxury travel experiences aboard vessels of elegant, contemporary design, centered around immersive culture and wildlife excursions unique to each location, award-winning cuisine by renowned chefs, personalized guest service, and a commitment to community, sustainability and preservation.
Aqua Nera, Peru
History & Story
Launched in 2007, Aqua Expeditions is a boutique luxury river and yacht cruise line with ships offering a unique brand of expedition cruising in the world’s most ecologically and culturally significant locales: the Peruvian Amazon, the Mekong river in Cambodia and Vietnam, as well as the seas of East Indonesia. Designed and built to become the most state-of-the-art river boat to sail the Amazon, the Aqua Nera will offer 3-, 4- and 7-night itineraries on the Peruvian Amazon alongside the Aria Amazon river cruise ship.
Inaugural voyage: August 2020
Interior design by award-winning, world-renowned Saigon-based designer studio NOOR DESIGN.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Aqua Nera will present guests with a luxuriously appointed interior inspired by her surroundings: the blackwater lagoons and tributaries of the Amazon river and Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve. The vessel’s 20 spacious Design Suites convey a sense of Amazon tranquility, while the social spaces showcase refined elegance with a touch of drama. The cruise features cuisine by Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, one of Peru’s finest chefs who is celebrated for creating refined cuisine from native Amazonian produce. Every day, expert naturalist guides conduct small group excursions that reward guests with up-close wildlife encounters in the world’s most biodiverse rainforest.
Aqua Nera sails through the Amazon River, considered the longest river on earth, and its tributaries. Guests travel far into the depths of the Amazon’s rainforests enjoying an intimate glimpse of her wildlife, ecosystems, local customs and marine and jungle landscapes.
Key sites / activities en route
- Pacaya Samiria Reserve: Located deep within the Amazon rainforest and accessible only by water offers one of Peru’s most fertile havens for sighting Amazon mammals, birds, and plants.
- Excursions by private ergonomic skiffs into the Amazon tributaries and waterways.
- Jungle walks, biking, kayaking, swimming and fishing excursions.
- Visits to local markets and communities.
Since 2001, Executive Chef Schiaffino has been studying the food and cooking traditions of Amazonia, working beyond the kitchen with anthropologists and environmental scientists. Calling the rainforest his “natural habitat”, chef Schiaffino has cultivated a knack for skillfully incorporating sustainable produce and ingredients from the Peruvian Amazon into this cuisine. In fact, 70% of all ingredients used in chef Pedro’s dishes on board Aqua Expeditions’ cruises are sourced here.
- Library and games room
- Special Kids Menu
- Interconnecting suites for families
- Child policy: seven-year age minimum and special discount for children
- 20 spacious and luxuriously appointed 322 square feet (30 sq m) Design Suites – four 644 sq ft (60 sq m) interconnecting suites
- Deluxe ensuite bathrooms with dual sinks and spacious walk-in shower plus overhead rainshower
- Pampering natural organic hair and bath amenities
- Premium California King size beds, twin bed configuration available
- Floor-to-ceiling panoramic view for all suites
- Interior sofa for all suites
- Large double closets with chest of drawers and electronic safe
- Full air-conditioning in all-suites
- Music docking station
- Professional hairdryer
Pair the Amazon’s stunning scenery with chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino’s show-stopping cuisine at the stylish restaurant on Aqua Nera’s second deck. Choose to make dinner date night or dine family-style as a five-star dining experience is delivered from start to finish.
Inclusions: all meals while on board, beverages (non-alcoholic, house wine and national beer), children’s and vegetarian meals are available, please request in advance.
- Outdoor Pool: Located at the bow of the Aqua Nera, the outdoor pool places guests in a commanding position to soak in the majestic panoramic vista of the Peruvian Amazon.
- Gym: Comprehensively equipped with essential machines and free weights.
- Spa: Designed with privacy and tranquility in mind. Both single and couple spa suites are available.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Charter option available for corporate and celebration events.
- Capacity for 40 passengers.
- Social areas: Indoor and outdoor bars, indoor and outdoor dining areas, indoor and outdoor cinema, lobby lounge and outdoor shaded lounge, observation deck, library/ games room, gym, spa, boutique, outdoor deck plunge pool
Extra Notable Features
- On board cooking classes
- On board lectures on Amazonian flora and fauna
- Biking, kayaking, swimming and fishing excursions
- Safety: ISM compliant