Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat Myanmar
Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat
35 Taw Win Road, Dagon Township, Ayeyarwady River, Myanmar
Part of the Belmond Ltd collection
Date of Creation
Boat General Manager
Belmond is a worldwide collection of iconic hotels trains and river cruises. Masters of the art of hospitality, we bring outstanding expertise to great journeys, celebratory occasions and business meetings of every kind.
Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat
History & Story
Seemingly untouched by time, Myanmar is a land of golden pagodas and colorful festivals. Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat has operated in Myanmar for over 20 years, building an unrivaled wealth of expertise. Our journeys are a delightful blend of fascinating excursions to explore local life, and onboard relaxation in spacious lounges or by the pool.
Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat is the perfect vantage point. Cruise along the mighty Ayeyarwady River, taking in the country’s most mesmerizing landscapes from the deck of our luxurious river cruiser. Stop off to explore rural villages from a bygone era, see saffron-robed monks go about their daily rituals, and marvel at the golden spires of pagodas that soar out of the lush jungle.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• 20 years operational experience
• Fine dining and Champagne
• Exquisite Service and friendly stewards
• Vast amount of space on deck and in the guest area.
• Large swimming pool
• Multilingual guides and resident doctor on board
Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat the Ayeyarwady River, stopping off at the country’s awe-inspiring wonders, including the spectacular ancient city of Bagan, the royal capital of Mandalay, and the sacred Sagaing Hills.
Join us between August and March and sail away on a choice of three-, four-, seven-or 11-night cruises.
Key sites/activities in the area
Myanmar is bursting with exciting destinations. These are just some of the captivating places you can visit on your river cruise:
Thousands of Buddhist temples are spread across a sun-baked plain.
Watch the sunset over the temples.
Embark on a champagne sunrise balloon ride over Bagan to view the ancient site
Myanmar’s second-largest city is its cultural and spiritual heartland – it was once the setting for Kind Mindon’s magnificent court.
Sample an array of food at stalls and cafes in bustling Zegyo Market.
Admire temples and pagodas from Mandalay Hill.
Set on the Yangon River, this colorful city is a melting pot of diverse cultures and customs.
It is home to renowned, jewel-encrusted Shwedagon Pagoda, and to Belmond Governor’s Residence, a tranquil garden hotel.
• Ayeyarwady River
The heart of Myanmar life is its main river.
Scenes of timeless cities and venerated shrines.
View day-to-day life on the river and spot kingfishers, egrets, and rare Ayeyarwady dolphins.
Reached by the river through steep gorges and past dense jungle, Bhamo is an old trading port in the far north of Myanmar, close to the Chinese border. It bustles with merchants dressed in colorful attire and people from the nearby Shan, Kachin, Lisu, and Palaung hill tribes, who come to trade in the popular market.
• The ship has the largest Observation Deck of any river cruise in Myanmar.
• The “Road to Mandalay” comes from a famous poem by Rudyard Kipling.
• The ship has traveled over 292,000 kilometers on the rivers of Myanmar in the past 22 years.
• Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat was originally a Rhine River cruiser in Germany and was shipped to Myanmar in the mid-’90s. It was the first luxury cruiser on the Ayeyarwady River.
Number of passengers: 82
Number of Passenger Decks: 4
• 1 Governor’s Suite
• 18 State Cabins
• 16 Deluxe Cabins
• 4 Superior Cabins
• 4 Single Cabins
Is the perfect spot to watch river life. It has a swimming pool, bar Road to Mandalay Grill and sun deck.
• Observation Lounge (with a library offering a range of books and games)
• Governor’s Suite
• State Cabins
• Superior Cabins
• Deluxe Cabins
• Single Cabins
Restaurants & Bars
• Our restaurant offers both Eastern and Western specialties. We offer a varied and enticing menu, including Burmese, Thai, Indonesian, Indian and European specialties.
• Wake to an early morning tea or coffee in your cabin, followed by a full breakfast in the Restaurant. An extensive buffet-style lunch is served each day on the Observation Deck or in the Restaurant.
• Dinners are served in the Restaurant and offer a choice of gourmet dishes to cater to all tastes. Carefully selected wines are also available to complement your meal.
• Throughout the day refreshments are available from the Bar and the Observation Deck.
• Morning tea or coffee served in your cabin on request
• Buffet breakfast served in the Restaurant daily
• Extensive buffet lunch served daily
• Table d’hôte dinner with both eastern and western options
• Complimentary soft drinks, mineral water, local beer, and house wine are served with lunch and dinner
• Complimentary pre-dinner aperitif served in the Bar each day
• Cocktail parties with complimentary drinks and canapés
• Gala Dinner last night with a specially designed menu
Our wellbeing area offers a variety of massage, hair and beauty treatments as well as a fitness area equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
Corporate and celebration events
Perfect for any type of celebration
• Discover the hidden gems of Myanmar’s Chindwin and Ayeyarwady rivers with colleagues, family or friends.
• We offer special rates for group travel aboard Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat.
• Road to Mandalay, A Belmond Boat is available to charter.
• Two iPads can be borrowed from reception for use in the observation Lounge where Wi-Fi is available.
Number of employees