Office No. 7 Second Floor, B-7 Vasant Arcade, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi, India, 110070
Exotic Heritage Group.
Thakur Shri. Raj Singh BSc LLB FRGS; acclaimed naturalist, conservationist, author, hotelier, shipbuilder, visionary & South Asia tourism pioneer over 40 years.
Independent & local owner-managed firm, our successes directly benefit local communities.
Date of Creation
EHG in 1979, River Cruises in 2004, Ganges Voyager in 2015.
Boutique authentic, experiential & transformational luxury.
We are an ‘old-school’ firm, our reputation over 40 years has been that we are fair, truthful, and practical.
We have pioneered entire thoughtstreams of natural & cultural comprehension & immersion that are now commonplace – leading the way to place travellers in the midst of royalty, rabbles and rugged terrain on experiential journeys across South Asia to truly immerse in the cultural richness, colourful wildlife, and contradictions of this vast Sub-continent. Join us cruising the Ganges, and become part of history.
Ganges Voyager, India
History & Story
Full of mystery, enchantment, intrigue and beauty in every direction. It’s all here in the ornate sacred spaces, the vivid sarees you pass on the street, and the warm, gracious smiles that greet at every turn. India and the Ganges River is simply a magical destination that we are proud to introduce; whether you are experienced in this region, or this is your maiden voyage, we invite you on this luxury expedition along this most sacred of Indian rivers, Mother Ganga.
Exotic Heritage Group has redefined conceptualisations of South Asia over 40 years: introduced luxury trains to India, inaugural tourists to Bhutan, first charter aircraft to see the Taj Mahal, first birdwatching experiences, reintroduced river cruising to India after 100 years, pioneered the first Indo-Bangladesh cruise in 80 years. We are a collection of art historians & designers, wildlife & cultural experts, shipwrights & engineers, part of the peoples we promote our successes directly benefit local communities, quietly delivering truly wondrous & sustainable experiences.
Design, Conservation & Transformation
Exquisite and ever-changing, watch the tapestry of life along the Ganges River unfold before your very eyes in sublime comfort and elegance aboard this artisanal ship. The Ganges Voyager is totally hand made from the base of the Hull to the cocktails served on the sun deck. Technical innovations reduce the impact on the environment. The cruise itself is a unique luxurious interface to unlocking access to regions, great stories and peoples inaccessible by land.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Each guest is considered individually, “Atithi Devo Bhava”, the guest is akin to God. With almost 40 crew on board, it is important to us to understand individual needs & endeavour to exceed expectations & create the most immersive experiences.
- River Ganges: older than history, older than creation, flowing ceaselessly from heaven the River Ganges has witnessed the rise & fall of empires, the oldest living civilisations abundant in art, architecture, cuisine, mythologies, music, science, healing, wildlife & joy.
- Home Port: Kolkata, the erstwhile colonial capital, from our passion for conservation we are based at the famed Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Gardens.
- Sailing Itinerary: 7 Night / 8 Day Sailings based from & returning to Kolkata.
- Redefining Journeys: most travellers experience Ganges Voyager as part of a tailored themed journey we design across South Asia incorporating special interactions.
- By Air: flights arrive / depart for the cruise from Kolkata.
The Ganges Voyager offers 7 Night / 8 Day sailings along the Ganges: one of the most unique & exclusive river cruise journeys in the world along one of the world’s most sacred rivers abundant with river dolphins & birds; explore great monuments, temples & palaces that grew over the millennia before the advent of the railways on the rich commodities trade in indigo, opium, tea & spices, an experience where there are no other ships, no other tourists, no shopping, & no pollution. The cruise experience itself is the key for exclusive access to a true and authentic interface and perspective on Indian art, music, architecture, textiles, and culture, and there are knowledgable and experienced guides and experts to explain and bring the myriad histories and cultures alive.
Seamless Interface & Global Mindset
The Ganges is an key integral component to witness South Asia’s geographical, natural & cultural development, which we pair through our unique expert network with special interactions & privileged experiences on specially tailored journeys across India, Nepal, Bhutan & Bangladesh, redefining journeys and conceptualisations unavailable to anyone else. We are able to create unique journeys in specific languages in order that the true immersive experience can be better understood by travellers in their native language context.
- The Ganges hosts a wide array of flora & fauna, including chances to spot the rare Gangetic River Dolphin.
- We offer gourmet cocktails with an Indian twist, designed by one of the best Indian mixologists.
- Organic Indian Tea & Coffee is available on board.
- The crew’s uniforms are hand stitched by a local Indian designer.
- The Ganges voyager is a ‘Single-Use’ plastic-free environment & has been designed keeping in mind technologies and policies that prevent pollution letting into the river, ambient noise reduction from the ship, reducing energy consumption, & reducing food waste as much as possible.
Accommodations aboard the Ganges Voyager embody the grace and style of the colonial era, incorporating modern conveniences and luxuries. Spacious, well-appointed suites provide individual climate control, flat-screen television with on-demand movie system, spa quality robes, slippers and bath amenities, daily housekeeping with turndown service, fine bed linens, premium mattresses, duvets. Well-trained and certified staff provide friendly service for these beautiful rooms and their guests. All suites feature large bathrooms, floor-to-ceiling glass doors with French balcony providing panoramic river views, sitting areas & writing desks:
- 10 Signature Suites – Main Deck, 24 Square Metres / 261 Square Feet
Decorated with indigo hand-stencils, murals of Bodhi trees and fine wood furniture, configured as twin or double bed.
- 13 Colonial Suites – Upper Deck, 24 Square Metres / 261 Square Feet
Warm and inviting colours with picturesque prints made by artists who traveled along the Ganga and comfortable sitting areas offer rest and comfort during your journey, configured as twin or double bed.
- 2 Heritage Suites – Upper Deck, 26 Square Metres / 280 Square Feet
Located on the bow of the upper deck offering unparalleled panoramic views of the landscapes that lie ahead. Outfitted with an exquisite four-poster bed, Persian rugs and luxurious seating, this suite is a perfect retreat.
- 2 Viceroy Suites – Upper Deck, 33.4 Square Metres / 360 Square Feet
Located mid-ship on the upper deck, the Viceroy Suites offer a regal setting furnished in opulent Colonial Indian decor with four-poster bed.
- 1 Maharaja Suite – Upper Deck, 37 Square Metres / 400 Square Feet
Located forward on the upper deck, the Maharaja Suite is the most luxurious and spacious suite aboard with hand stencilled walls, Persian rugs, four-poster bed, teak floors & large bathroom with bathtub.
Gastronomy & Venues
All meals are included and freshly prepared on board. With a cuisine as diverse as the region, Ganges Voyager offers an exciting blend of European, regional & indigenous fusion cuisines with fresh, local ingredients and selected imported items. The ships’ menus highlight Indian cuisine as well as European favourites that will be reflected in sumptuous buffets and artfully prepared multi-course dinners. The culinary team will offer an occasional shopping excursion to local markets taking every opportunity to utilise the fresh seasonal, local fruits and vegetables throughout the voyage.
- East India Dining Room – a tribute to the incredibly flavourful cuisine of India as well as the familiar cuisines of Europe, the culinary team offers sumptuous meals made with fresh ingredients throughout the journey to please diverse palates in the warm and beautifully appointed Dining Room.
- Governor’s Lounge – the inviting Lounge is a wonderful venue for gathering with fellow travellers at the end of your travel day to share stories and talk about your incredible experiences. Enjoy handcrafted cocktails, fine Indian and imported wines, delicate teas and coffees and on-board entertainment in a relaxing environment – a fitting end to a perfect day on board your home on the Ganges.
- Sun Deck – Chaises longues and comfortable, shaded, seating areas abound on the Sun Deck. Our attentive staff is always on hand to offer a refreshing beverage while watching the passing landscapes.
- Small Herb Garden – for cooking & gourmet cocktails
- Two treatment rooms: the Spa is an oasis to relax, rejuvenate and truly pamper yourself. Guests may enjoy a variety of both regional Indian and Western spa treatments utilising all-natural products.
- Fitness Centre: with cycling machine, treadmill & weights travellers may rejuvenate themselves at the on-board Fitness Centre.
- Daily Sunrise Yoga: explore & practice Yoga as the ship is sailing along the Ganges in the morning.
- Natural & Ayurvedic: wonderful in-suite amenities.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Charter Opportunities: the Ganges Voyager can be exclusive chartered for a corporate or celebration event. The maximum capacity is 56 passengers / 28 Suites.
- Onboard venues include: the East India Dining Room, Governor’s lounge, Sun Deck, Treatment Centre, Fitness Centre.
- Onboard experiences include: dance performances, sunrise yoga, cultural immersion activities, lectures & discussions, gourmet cuisine.
- Off-board experiences include: cricket matches, sand bank barbecue parties, specially customised & themed journeys, excursions & activities.
OnBoard Transformational Experiences
- Immersive daily excursions using local transport with expert guides.
- Organic Tea / Coffee tastings.
- Cooking demonstrations.
- Dance performances by students maintaining & developing the traditional arts.
- Traditional Sari & Turban tying sessions.
- Mehndi sessions.
- Lectures & discussions on the contemporary & historical challenges of India by expert local guides.
- Wifi is available onboard where connection is available.
- “Some like to fly, some like to drive, and then there are some that like the sail” Award from the Oberoi Group to the Exotic Heritage Group.
- Conde Nast Traveller 1/6 Best River Journeys in the World, 2017.
Number of employees