The Bürgenstock Selection
PROFILE & PHILOSOPHY
The Bürgenstock Selection is Switzerland’s largest deluxe hotel group, owning and operating Hotels and Residences with a combined total of 678 rooms and 67 residence suites.
Following their complete renovation, the Bürgenstock Resort Lake Lucerne, the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA, and the Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa Lausanne dazzle guests from all over the world with their elegant, contemporary design, while remaining completely true to the timeless Swiss traditions of hospitality, service and discretion.
THE BÜRGENSTOCK SELECTION TODAY
- Buildings and sites that have a place in history, so called heritage hotels, fitted with contemporary classic interior design, preserving landmark elements. Design style: Contemporary, classic luxury
- State of the Art spa facilities, leadership spa in each destination
- Bespoken culinary offer across properties resulting in restaurants reflecting innovation, uniqueness and authenticity
HISTORY IN 4 DATES
- 2010 – The Bürgenstock Selection Brand was created with the vision of Katara Hospitality to provide high quality accommodation in Switzerland.
- 2011 – After a total refurbishing lasting 2 years, the Schweizerhof Bern was reopened with a new look.
- 2015 – Reopening of the art-nouveau landmark Royal Savoy Lausanne after a complete renovation
- 2017 – After 9 years of constructions and renovation, the exclusive and contemporary Bürgenstock resort reopened at Lake Lucerne
TRAVELLER MADE HOTEL PARTNERS
THE BÜRGENSTOCK SELECTION
Katara Hospitality Switzerland AG
Bahnhofplatz, 6300 Zug | Switzerland
T: +41 41 725 42 77
MORE ABOUT THE BÜRGENSTOCK SELECTION ORIENTATION
Bürgenstock Hotels & Resort:
- The Bürgenstock Resort, with its breathtaking lake and Alpine panoramas, is located in the heart of Switzerland on a peninsula in Lake Lucerne. In 2017, the Bürgenstock Resort has entirely reinvented itself, building on a long-standing tradition of attracting the world’s elites.
Hotel Scweizerhof Bern & THE SPA:
- With its 160-year history, the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern & THE SPA is the most venerable hotel in Bern. After two years of extensive renovations, in 2011 the hotel reopened shining again in grand style. The five-star superior hotel blends classical grand tradition with contemporary flair, elegant design, a first-class conference centre and superb hospitality.
Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa Lausanne:
- The legendary 5* Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa Lausanne has been a symbol of prestige and hospitality for over a century. The historic building and new Garden Wing set in its own private park reopened in 2016. Fully rebooted for the 21st century traveler, it is the ideal place to relax, unwind and enjoy the vibrant city of Lausanne and the Lake Geneva region.
Contemporary – renovated properties, modern spa facilities, bespoken culinary offer
- 10’000 sqm Alpine Spa
- Waldhotel Spa
- THE SPA
- Spa du Royal
- Ritz Coffier – French fine dining – 1*Michelin
- Spices Kitchen Terrace – Asian show kitchen with lake view
- Sharq Oriental Restaurant – Lebanese -Persian kitchen
- Oak Grill Pool Patio – Wood fire grill with meat and fish specialities
- Verbena Restaurant – Mediterranean gourmet kitchen with signature Waldhotel Colour Cuisine menu
- Jacky’s Brasserie – French Brasserie cuisine as well as Schweizerhof classics – such as its famous Wienerschnitzel
- Sky Terrace – Seasonal offers
- Brasserie du Royal – signature dishes created by Michelin-starred Chef Marc Haeberlin
- Skylounge – Open during summer with 360 panoramic view of Lake Geneva with exotic menu
- April 2019: Waldhotel Spa – Switzerland’s Best Hotel Spa 2019
- March 2019: Waldhotel Red Dot Design Award
- Aug 2018: Gault & Millau Hotel of the Year 2019
- May 2018: Bürgenstock Hotels & Resort Lake Lucerne Recognized with Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 Hot List Award
Affiliations: Leading Hotels of the World and Preferred Hotels & Resorts